Japan Oct 22 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:56:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Japan Oct 22 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Japan Oct 22 2017  (Read 41537 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« on: September 19, 2017, 01:20:42 PM »

Is this pretty much going to be an Abe landslide or is there any chance he could face a challenge.  It seems that although his approval rating is not great, opposition is so fragmented none could realistically challenge the LDP.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 12:41:55 PM »

Wikipedia shows the Japanese Communist Party actually won a constituent seat.  What part of Japan is that?  I didn't know they had a Red Belt although I know the JCP tends to do better in Kyoto of most places.

That being said a decent showing by the government but not the landslide they were hoping for, but they didn't lose their majority outright unlike some early election called elsewhere earlier this year where the governing party entered with an even bigger lead.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 04:29:28 PM »

I noticed Wikipedia hasn't given vote totals.  I noticed PR given above, but what is the vote total in the constituency votes?
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 11:31:18 AM »

ANN exit poll on PR by age group

LDP - red
KP - pink
HP - dark green
JRP - light green
CDP - blue
JCP - purple

LDP-KP stronger with the youth and gets weaker with age but reverses in the 70s.  CDP-JCP gets stronger with age again with reversal at 70s.  HP-JRP seems to be the same for all age groups.

Interesting as isn't the LDP the more conservative of the main parties?  In the English speaking world at least you have the opposite where parties on the left tend to do well amongst the youngest while as one ages they become more right wing.  UK being the most extreme example where Labour won by 40 points amongst millennials but Tories won by 40 amongst seniors.  Most aren't quite as extreme as that but still seems to buck the trend somewhat in the West.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies