Confederate Flag Sales Through The Roof
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 01:29:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Confederate Flag Sales Through The Roof
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Confederate Flag Sales Through The Roof  (Read 1754 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2017, 09:14:37 PM »

Why should Southerners want to share a country with people who despise them and their culture (such as the poster above me)?

We have a choice?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2017, 09:48:14 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2017, 10:04:41 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

^ Plenty of people just like me are, as I'm sure you know.

No, a tiny sliver of Southerners actually want to secede from the U.S. and reform the Confederacy. I doubt it's even 5% of Southern whites, and virtually 0% of Southern nonwhites.

Well, we don't want to secede since we are winning, but back in the day, your state was pretty on it. I'm sure our numbers are at least steady considering the youths were among the biggest backers.

e: for complete clarity, the sample is of Republican primary voters from the Cochran run-off, but I still find those number quite staggering.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2017, 10:40:29 PM »

If I were a Southerner, I'd support the creation of a second Confederacy. Why should Southerners want to share a country with people who despise them and their culture (such as the poster above me)?
You're implying that Southerners don't have a similar attitude towards the North, which simply isn't true. Though at this point I think it's more urban vs rural
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2017, 11:29:12 PM »

I'm sure Lincoln is NOT rolling in his grave over this...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2017, 01:04:00 AM »

No, a tiny sliver of Southerners actually want to secede from the U.S. and reform the Confederacy. I doubt it's even 5% of Southern whites, and virtually 0% of Southern nonwhites.

I was primarily referring to the fact that a lot of Southerners share my general worldview.

I think a majority of them could be persuaded to support Southern independence.

Fortunately, unlike you, most of them are true Americans who love their country more than they hate liberals.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2017, 01:05:41 AM »

Why should Southerners want to share a country with people who despise them and their culture (such as the poster above me)?

We have a choice?

Certainly:

a) Quit whining
b) Eat a dick
c) Both
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 01:07:10 AM »

Well, we don't want to secede since we are winning, but back in the day, your state was pretty on it. I'm sure our numbers are at least steady considering the youths were among the biggest backers.

e: for complete clarity, the sample is of Republican primary voters from the Cochran run-off, but I still find those number quite staggering.

Yeah, Southern Republicans (i.e. most southern whites) are deplorable.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2017, 05:16:33 AM »

...White pride? White people with nothing worthy of pride as personal achievements tend to gravitate to pride in being white.
It ain't just white folks that are guilty of this.

as for the OP, I wonder what percentage of these flags are burned on YouTube?  My guess, 17%.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2017, 03:12:54 PM »

I was primarily referring to the fact that a lot of Southerners share my general worldview.

Treason.*
Daniel909012
Rookie
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2017, 03:20:53 PM »

Treason.*
There is no need to seek independence from the south but the expulsion of California and its illegal "sanctuary" that is treason.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2017, 03:29:21 PM »

Surely a confederate flag or two would do nicely as a "spit blanket".
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2017, 03:41:19 PM »

Luckily you and your ilk are a fringe minority. Don't pretend you represent a "lot" of southerners, even republican southerners. Most people hold your sort rightly in contempt.

Also you're from Jersey you moron.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2017, 03:46:33 PM »

It was surprising to me when driving through northern Alabama and a small part of Mississippi a week and a half ago that I only saw three or four Confederate battle flags on cars and houses, and never saw any in Georgia or Tennessee. Thought there would be many more.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2017, 03:50:17 PM »

Luckily you and your ilk are a fringe minority. Don't pretend you represent a "lot" of southerners, even republican southerners. Most people hold your sort rightly in contempt.

Can you read, degenerate? I know most Southerners don't support secession. Many of them are very conservative and can't stand you and your ilk, however; so yes, I DO represent a lot of them.

So what?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2017, 03:53:11 PM »

Also you're from Jersey you moron.

They are literally all over New Jersey and I've seen a good amount in PA as you head north. They can't possibly be that uncommon.

March 2015!! What do I win! Jersey is a true southern state. We say y'all and yes ma'am!
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2017, 05:33:48 PM »

Racists sure are emboldened since Trump got elected.

Umm.. Sales also increased dramatically after the Charleston Shootings?? Was Trump president then?

No, they were just celebrating the shootings.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2017, 05:46:36 PM »

Racists sure are emboldened since Trump got elected.

Umm.. Sales also increased dramatically after the Charleston Shootings?? Was Trump president then?

No, they were just celebrating the shootings.

Which was before Trump got elected
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2017, 11:32:28 PM »

The party of Lincoln is now the party of treason and white supremacy. Sad!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2017, 11:49:58 PM »

Can you read, degenerate? I know most Southerners don't support secession. Many of them are very conservative and can't stand you and your ilk, however; so yes, I DO represent a lot of them.

So what?
No, no you don't. Else, America would be a theocracy.

We can all take comfort that your views will always be more marginal than Richard Spencer's.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2017, 11:59:08 PM »

There are better ways to bring up Southern pride and heritage than the Confederacy, and saying otherwise is implying that the South has very else to offer, which is just wrong. The South has great food from New Orleans, great music from Tennessee, great beaches in the Carolinas, not to mention a plethora of agriculture; Georgia is the Peach State, Florida has it's oranges, etc. As a personal example, I can celebrate my Maryland pride by dumping Old Bay all over a crab cake and eating it. Denying that some people fly the confederate flag for racist reasons, especially in the north, is very, very disingenuous.

That said, people do have the right to buy, sell, and show off confederate memorabilia (provided that the property owner permits it), and there's no changing that. But people also have the right to judge others for doing such things, and there's no changing that, either. At the end of the day, it's a wedge issue, exacerbated by conservatives to divide the working class by race into voting against it's own economic interests, and I'll be damned if I fall for it.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2017, 08:33:53 AM »

So what?

I find it very slanderous on the good people of the South that some New Jersey anti-Semitic fascist thinks he is representative of them. I don't think most GOP supporters are anti-democratic or have fascist inclinations, so I think they'd rightfully shun you and your wacko beliefs.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies