For those who eat fast food, which is your favorite place?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:40:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  For those who eat fast food, which is your favorite place?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Skip
McDonalds

Wendy's

Burger King

Chick Fil A

Chipotle

Five Guys

Panera Bread

Panda Express

Pollo Tropical

Checkers/Rallys

Arby's

Hardees/Carl's Jr

Popeyes

Wingstop

Subway

Taco Bell

Other option not listed

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: For those who eat fast food, which is your favorite place?  (Read 3015 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2017, 10:00:34 PM »

I'm surprised White Castle didn't get more love here.......weird how we have none in PA
Omaha suffers the same misfortune.
Was so excited to finally try it a few years ago ... wow, it was overrated.
Like coffee, beer, cigarettes...hell, most fun things, it's an acquired taste.

It's time to retire the term "acquired taste"- that just means that something is disgusting, but you have it enough times to become numb to the bad taste (usually to seem like a higher social status).
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2017, 10:01:34 PM »

I'm surprised White Castle didn't get more love here.......weird how we have none in PA

It's time to retire the term "acquired taste"- that just means that something is disgusting, but you have it enough times to become numb to the bad taste (usually to seem like a higher social status).

Because nothing says status like White Castle.
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2017, 10:43:29 PM »

But coffee actually starts to taste good if you've had it enough times, especially with a donut or sweet pastry, as long as it's hot.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2017, 10:36:23 PM »

Chick Fil A isn't fast food, it's family

A family that doesn't care if LGBT people in Africa are executed, and in fact happily supports organizations that fought for African countries like Uganda. Thus, if you eat at that "family", you are (indirectly) responsible for literally killing people in that country.

Hey what we NOT gonna do, is disrespect Chick Fil A like that. As long as I can get myself a crispy-ass #1 with no pickles, they can have whatever social views they want.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2017, 08:24:12 AM »

KFC
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2017, 07:18:03 AM »

I don't eat fast food, but from my time in America when I had to sometimes resort to it, I was impressed with Subway's quality.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2017, 08:07:01 AM »

Here's how I'd rank them:

1. Five Guys (top notch fries and has a more "homemade" feel than the others)
2. McDonald's (gets a bad rap it doesn't deserve)
3. Wendy's (not really much to say here)
4. Burger King (really the only thing BK has over Mickey D's and Wendy's is that it has more frappe flavors- mint Oreo is nice to have around St. Patrick's Day)
5. Chipotle (not the cheapest but the food is still good, though the whole norovirus thing is bad)
7. Panera Bread (nice bread, mac and cheese is good, and pastries are nice, but ultimately has a limited number of items that appeal to me)
8. Taco Bell (food is decent but it's not exactly the classiest joint)

Places I've never eaten at: Chick Fil A (nearest one's in Framingham, but there's one being built in my town that I highly suspect will open this month) Panda Express (there's one in my town but we usually order local Chinese food), Pollo Tropical (never heard of this place), Checkers/Rallys (uh... heard about it in a Reddit post the other day), Arby's, Hardees/Carl's Jr. (New England doesn't have any of these), Popeyes, Wingstop (never heard of this place), Subway (I've only had their cookies, no sandwiches)

Other good places: Shake Shack, Smashburger
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2017, 11:30:46 AM »

no ethical consumption under capitalism, y'all. wendy's is particularly terrible to farm workers, taco bell's pac maxed out for trump, even chipotle doesn't live up to its image. chick fil a tastes good.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2017, 02:33:16 PM »

Love me some White Castles
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2017, 09:25:52 PM »

Chick fil A is good. Also, Jersey Mike's and Five Guys.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2017, 10:05:11 PM »

Tough call, since I love so many.  I've loved Long John Silvers since I was quite small (Crumblies are the best!) and for many years would've called that my favorite, but I haven't gone there much in many years. 

I also love A&W for their cheese curds and root beer floats.  The ice cream in their floats is very rich and creamy--it almost tastes like whipped cream.  If I were on death row, I would request a large one of those floats, a large order of their cheese curds, and an order of their chili cheese fries as part of my last meal (but that wouldn't be all).

Culver's has great burgers and custard; their cheese curds are good too, but drier and less greasy than A&W.

Rally's is another one I love, especially their seasoned fries and their options of Cherry Coke and Mr. Pibb as fountain drinks, but again, I rarely go there.  My uncle, however, loves the mushroom & Swiss burgers there and also at Hardee's (haven't been to Hardee's, but it's on my bucket list.  The closest one to me is maybe an hour's drive.)

Arby's is good too, and I saw in the news that they are finally bringing Coke products back, which gives me another reason to go there.  When I go I usually get a Smokehouse brisket combo with curly fries and Dr Pepper, plus a small order of mozzarella sticks.  (I like Jamocha shakes too, but haven't had one in years.)

I miss Quizno's too.  They've fallen on hard times lately and I hope they can come back.  I only went there a few times but it was so good...

A lot of the places listed here I haven't been to, but are on my bucket list.  I may go to In-N-Out, Carl's Jr., and/or Whataburger when I go down to Texas for my cousin's wedding next summer.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2017, 10:06:38 PM »

Chick Fil A isn't fast food, it's family

A family that doesn't care if LGBT people in Africa are executed, and in fact happily supports organizations that fought for African countries like Uganda. Thus, if you eat at that "family", you are (indirectly) responsible for literally killing people in that country.

What about when you buy oil and gas from all these Middle Eastern countries? When you buy those products aren't you supporting those places that have a less than stellar record on gay rights and women's rights? I'm using your logic here.
Not to mention that these are the same liberals who support Palestine over Israel, despite Israel's far better track record on both gay rights and women's rights, and who think it's "intolerant" to call out the way that many Muslim societies oppress them.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2017, 10:26:06 PM »

When it comes to fast food, I am a southerner at heart. Chick-fil-A leads the pack; the chicken sandwiches... the waffle fries... the sauce... the milkshakes... it's all too good. I could very easily settle for some Waffle House or Bojangles' or Cook Out as well.

Also no love for Panda Express? It's pretty good quality Chinese food and it's pretty affordable IMO.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2017, 10:52:00 PM »

Taco John's, which might be the most flyover country thing about me, it's a chain that's huge in the rural Midwest but basically non-existent on the coasts. It's not all that common even in the large metros of the Midwest, none in Chicago, and the only ones in Minneapolis are in a downtown food court, there's a couple in the suburbs but kind of spread out in outer areas.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2017, 12:15:01 PM »

When it comes to fast food, I am a southerner at heart. Chick-fil-A leads the pack; the chicken sandwiches... the waffle fries... the sauce... the milkshakes... it's all too good. I could very easily settle for some Waffle House or Bojangles' or Cook Out as well.

Also no love for Panda Express? It's pretty good quality Chinese food and it's pretty affordable IMO.

You have excellent taste.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2017, 06:46:05 PM »

So... the Chick-fil-A in Dedham opened yesterday, and apparently everyone's fallen in love with it. It's the first one in the whole area, and I haven't gone yet since the lines are apparently so crazy (going way out into the street, and the traffic is high). Everyone was talking about it, so I guess it's kind of lived up to the hype.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2017, 06:58:02 PM »

Of the ones listed here, McDonald's, though I also like Johnny Rockets and Bojangles. 
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2017, 02:22:18 PM »

Taco John's, which might be the most flyover country thing about me, it's a chain that's huge in the rural Midwest but basically non-existent on the coasts. It's not all that common even in the large metros of the Midwest, none in Chicago, and the only ones in Minneapolis are in a downtown food court, there's a couple in the suburbs but kind of spread out in outer areas.

I remember Taco John's. In the 1970's the store in Little Canada MN fueled our late night games of Risk and Dungeons and Dragons. Beef burritos were my regular then. I don't think I've had one in decades though.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies