Cygnal AL: Moore +8 in primary Moore +11 in runoff half after Trump tweet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:37:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  Cygnal AL: Moore +8 in primary Moore +11 in runoff half after Trump tweet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Cygnal AL: Moore +8 in primary Moore +11 in runoff half after Trump tweet  (Read 2493 times)
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 06:46:24 PM »

TBH, I kinda like Roy Moore, I have no clue why, but I do (and no, I'm not a conservadem).
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 06:57:24 PM »

Does anyone else find it odd how well Moore is doing in suburban areas of Alabama? What we saw in BOTH the gop primary and the general election was that right wing populism was not well liked in suburbs across the country.

Yet moore is running it up according to crosstabs.
Fudotei
fudotei
Rookie
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 09:50:03 PM »

TBH, I kinda like Roy Moore, I have no clue why, but I do (and no, I'm not a conservadem).

If there's anyone in America who can turn the nation into God-fearing Christians with an emphasis on the four-blonde nuclear family, it would be Roy Moore.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2017, 09:51:27 AM »

Does anyone else find it odd how well Moore is doing in suburban areas of Alabama? What we saw in BOTH the gop primary and the general election was that right wing populism was not well liked in suburbs across the country.

Moore is pretty much a standard conservative on economic issues, more of a Cruz type than a Trump type.  Plus, the Alabama suburbs are very socially conservative.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2017, 09:33:55 AM »

If there's anyone in America who can turn the nation into God-fearing Christians with an emphasis on the four-blonde nuclear family, it would be Roy Moore.

Then it must be impossible.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2017, 10:54:56 AM »

Moore is pretty much a standard conservative on economic issues, more of a Cruz type than a Trump type.  Plus, the Alabama suburbs are very socially conservative.

Not to mention that Trump did just fine in the Alabama suburbs during the primaries.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2017, 02:53:14 PM »

Is Moore more of a Huckabee type populist/social conservative, or is he more of a Ted Cruz tea party nut?

He is a Dominionist, which basically means he supports a fundamentalist Christian form of Sharia Law.

We also have people like that in the Dutch parliament (proportional representation hehe), but they're actually a valuable addition to the Dutch parliament. There would be even more of them with a FPTP system like in the US now I think about it.
Which party or parties are they from?

SGP, which is one of my favorite political parties worldwide. 

You support a party which wants to restrict voting rights to male heads of households?

To be fair they have been over that for quite some years now. Women have been allowed to be full member since 2006 and since 2013 they're even allowed to stand in elections if no suitable males step forward (there is 1 female SGP municipal councillor). It's still terrible though, but I have a soft spot for them. They never make it personal unlike  and stay respectful towards LGBT people unlike some American socially conservative politicians, they know a lot about parliamentary history and generally they're constructive and willing to work with other parties.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies