Future Realignment Possibilities? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:29:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Future Realignment Possibilities? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Future Realignment Possibilities?  (Read 8673 times)
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 22, 2017, 03:46:20 PM »

^ I know Iowa has become this forum's poster child for "Obama-Trump 'WWC' Voters," but you realize it was staunchly Republican BEFORE Bill Clinton came along (minus one election with a completely unique Farm Crisis situation) and only leaned left after that, right?

Huh?

Iowa was much more Democratic than the national average in 1984, and was also more Democratic than the national average in 1972.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 01:01:13 PM »

This is my rough expectations. I think I have too many swing states, it seems a tad too Democratic-leaning, and I'm not sure about CO, MT, AK, HI, and UT.

I'm imagining this as:
2021-2029: Gwen Graham/Ben Jealous

2028: Gov. Robert Kennedy Jr./Sen. Caroline Fayard vs. Gov. Elise Stefanik/Sen. Mia Love

I like how Alabama and Mississippi are blue states but Virginia is a toss-up... that seems a bit odd, unless we expect a re-alignment that looks like 1976.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 02:37:46 PM »

Anyway, here's my realignment map if a left-populist Democratic party becomes the majority party, by the early 2030s:

The Democratic coalition is powerful but a skilled Republican can win in the Lean D states.

If a popular Orange County Republican runs in 2032 versus an uninspiring Democrat:

I'd personally love to see West Virginia go D even as the Democratic nominee loses handily.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies