2028 Primaries: What do the maps look like?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:38:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  2028 Primaries: What do the maps look like?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2028 Primaries: What do the maps look like?  (Read 873 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 19, 2017, 05:41:27 PM »

Brandon Washington:
Brooklyn Borough President: 2021-2024
Mayor of New York City: 2025-

Richard Tisei:
Massachusetts Secretary of Housing & Economic Development: 2018-2021
Chief of Staff to Charlie Baker: 2021-2023
Governor of Massachusetts: 2023-

Raul Labrador:
Governor of Idaho: 2019-2027

Ben Sasse:
Senator of Nebraska: 2015-

Justin Amash:
Special Envoy to Palestine and Israel: 2022-2027

Mia Love:
Senator of Utah: 2023-

Niger Innis:
Senator of Nevada: 2023-

Eric Greitens:
Governor of Missouri: 2017-2025
Senator of Missouri: 2025-

Democrats:
Pete Buttigieg:
Special Envoy to Scotland: 2022-2023
Ambassador to the United Nations: 2023-2026
Secretary of the Treasury: 2025-

Jeremy Ellison:
Mayor of Minneapolis: 2022-2027
Governor of Minnesota: 2027-

Ben Jealous:
Mayor of Baltimore: 2020-2025
Secretary of Transportation: 2025-2026
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: 2026-

Robert Kennedy Jr.:
Treasurer of Alabama: 2019-2023
Governor of Alabama: 2023-

Cheri Bustos:
House Minority Whip: 2019-2021
Speaker of the House: 2021-2023
Senator of Illinois: 2027-

Bill de Blasio:
Governor of New York: 2023-

Zephyr Teachout:
Representative of NY-19: 2019-

Elizabeth Shuler:
President of AFL-CIO: 2021-2026
Governor of Oregon: 2027-

What do the various maps look like? Does Ellison or Jealous drop out early, to unite the Sanders and African-American vote?
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 06:20:24 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2017, 06:22:50 PM by Angry Socdem »

If you think the Republicans are going to win a Nevada Senate seat and the Democrats are going to win back AL-GOV, I assume you're going with the time line of the Democrats finally becoming populist left, and the Republicans set to becoming right-libertarian.

This would all depend on who the incumbent president is. I don't see this being divisive on the Democratic side, but there would probably be a factional war on the Republican side between social conservatives (Labrador) and the libertarians (Amash). I think Sasse would win the Republican primary, yet I have no idea for the Democrats.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 09:07:46 PM »

If you think the Republicans are going to win a Nevada Senate seat and the Democrats are going to win back AL-GOV, I assume you're going with the time line of the Democrats finally becoming populist left, and the Republicans set to becoming right-libertarian.

This would all depend on who the incumbent president is. I don't see this being divisive on the Democratic side, but there would probably be a factional war on the Republican side between social conservatives (Labrador) and the libertarians (Amash). I think Sasse would win the Republican primary, yet I have no idea for the Democrats.

The social conservatives, libertarians, and neoconservatives are obviously battling for the Tea Party's support. Tisei and Washington, the latter of whom is a real person, are competing for two constituencies: Tisei for that of reforming the right, and Washington for that of softening and rebranding the right. Really, I suspect whichever of the two wins New Hampshire would win the nomination, as the other would likely drop out, assuming they would get the second slot, the Secretary of the Treasury position, or be allowed to suggest Cabinet members. Amash, Sasse, Labrador, Love, Innis, and Greitens are all obviously competing over the same constituency. The only question is which can stand out, which can organize the best, and which can speak the best.

For the Democrats, Kennedy Jr. is standing for the moderates, while Buttigieg and Bustos are also aiming to win over the establishment and moderates. Jealous, Ellison, Teachout, de Blasio, and Shuler are clearly competing for the progressives and outsider vote. Shuler, to me, stands out above the others.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 05:17:03 PM »

Neat set of candidates! Can I ask what else has happened in the ten years we missed? Jealous is currently in the Cabinet, so I assume the incumbent President is a retiring Democrat. And what does the public think about newly elected governors like Liz Shuler or Jeremy Ellison running for President after being governor for just a year? I would give Shuler the advantage over the rest if it weren't for the fact that she hasn't had a chance to actually govern her state
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies