VCU - Virginia: Northam +5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:06:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VCU - Virginia: Northam +5 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VCU - Virginia: Northam +5  (Read 1667 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: August 08, 2017, 01:53:20 PM »

a 5 point win here won't be terribly promising for Dems in 2018.

The most exciting number for me is Democrats leading the Virginia General Assembly poll by 7. They wouldn't flip the chamber with that, but so many NoVA/Richmond seats would flip.

Do you happen to know how what the popular vote margins were for the 2013 and 2015 House of Delegates elections was? I'm curious how much Democrats lost or won that by.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 02:36:24 PM »

Here's the 2015 HoD numbers
Republicans - 69%
Democrats - 30%

I find this a little hard to believe, but who knows. I couldn't find the numbers for 2013 though.

I mean I suppose it is possible because as Gass3268 was saying, Democrats have left so many seats uncontested for multiple cycles now. That would mean uncontested GOP seats rack up tons of votes all across the state. Still, though, that number is pretty absurd. I doubt it would be anything close to that if Democrats contested almost every seat like they are this year.

Now I'm even more interested in seeing how the battle for the HoD plays out Tongue

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies