The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:27:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 237546 times)
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: October 08, 2017, 08:03:02 PM »

He's one of the Democrats that would bother me the least
It's okay. You can say you just want a white man who doesn't live on the coasts.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #301 on: October 09, 2017, 05:11:39 PM »

You guys do know that Seth MacFarlane endorsed Bernie Sanders, right?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #302 on: October 09, 2017, 05:27:08 PM »

so did Miley Cyrus, and I don't consider her artistic output "far-left"
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #303 on: October 09, 2017, 05:40:18 PM »

You guys do know that Seth MacFarlane endorsed Bernie Sanders, right?

Some Sanders supporters sure were pathetic, weren't they?
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #304 on: October 09, 2017, 06:53:04 PM »

Why is that "absurd and ignorant"?
Cashew
United States

« Reply #305 on: October 09, 2017, 08:22:04 PM »

Obergefell v Hodges and Roe v Wade will both be overturn if Kennedy resigns next year.

"I want this to happen, therefore it will."
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #306 on: October 10, 2017, 08:57:22 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2017, 09:06:33 PM by Angry Socdem »

Kamala Harris has done more for the justice of million Californians, the most racially diverse state in the country, then Bernie Sanders has done for his sh**tty rural white state. Yet it's the old mediocre white guy that is being shoved down the base throat, when Kamala is a inspiration to many WOC who feel the pain of living in Trump America. Explain to me how the low accomplished senator gets a fair shot at the presidency and not the hard-working GA.

First point sounds like a Russian, devoid of article use in grammar.

Second point is more important. I had a strong intuition that this guy is a troll, but this pretty much confirms it with a high degree of certainty. Would someone from their own state really call it a "sh*tty rural white state"? If he hates, or even dislikes, his state, then why would he personally identify by being a resident of said state?

I feel as if this is a parody of the staunch Clintonite faction of the Democratic party. The best part is when they actually agree with him, like they did with that Eharding sock.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #307 on: October 10, 2017, 09:42:58 PM »

Kamala Harris has done more for the justice of million Californians, the most racially diverse state in the country, then Bernie Sanders has done for his sh**tty rural white state. Yet it's the old mediocre white guy that is being shoved down the base throat, when Kamala is a inspiration to many WOC who feel the pain of living in Trump America. Explain to me how the low accomplished senator gets a fair shot at the presidency and not the hard-working GA.

First point sounds like a Russian, devoid of article use in grammar.

Second point is more important. I had a strong intuition that this guy is a troll, but this pretty much confirms it with a high degree of certainty. Would someone from their own state really call it a "sh*tty rural white state"? If he hates, or even dislikes, his state, then why would he personally identify by being a resident of said state?

I feel as if this is a parody of the staunch Clintonite faction of the Democratic party. The best part is when they actually agree with him, like they did with that Eharding sock.

Didn't this guy actually used to be a Republican?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #308 on: October 10, 2017, 10:38:51 PM »

Well if you support life imprisonment for rape, then either (a) you support the death penalty for murder, which is absurd and ignorant for many reasons, or (b) you support the same punishment for rape and murder, which leads to rapists murdering their victims more often, which is absurd and ignorant.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #309 on: October 11, 2017, 04:09:55 PM »

If alcohol were to completely go away, 90% of society's problems would be instantly cured.  In an ideal world, alcohol should be illegal, but I think that we would have had to do that in the 1700s or 1800s and that the negative externalities of doing that today would outweigh the benefits.

Came here to post this ... glad I don't have these types of friends, LOL.

Isn't this guy like 15 or something? It's a natural view for some kid who hasn't had his first beer yet.

This....

I felt similar to ExtremeConservative when I was 15
or so and now it's some 30 years later and have a very different POV....

Would be happy to buy any Atlas poster that turns 21 their first beer if they are in the neighborhood and discuss politics, precinct level results from various states/cities/counties, and all sorts of other Atlas Geek-o-Rama that we wrangle about on a daily basis.

Not a big fan of Prohibition policies at all, since addicts and alcoholics will always find a means to obtain their drug of choice... Not even going to mention the whole black market deal that comes with these types of policy positions and causes all sorts of violence to secure illegal markets, and won't even go into the benefit to State/County/Local governments when it comes to taxable revenue generated in the form of "Sin Taxes" on items such as Cigs, Alcohol, and Recreational MJ (In States where it is legal).

Trying to legislate public morality has always been a bad idea within the United States, on so many items, which is part of reason I consider myself a Social Libertarian.

I am 21 and am proud to say that I have never had a drink and never will.  I think a few posters mix me up with some younger posters for some reason.

Some reason perhaps being your chronic lack of maturity in posting?

Badger, in back-to-back posts you managed to be mildly combative to both the people who took issue with ER's absurd view on alcohol and ER himself, LOL.  Have your cup of coffee, man. Smiley

Hey, mildly combative is my middle name. Cheesy

Actually, I was more worried someone would put my reference to a chronic lack of maturity in posting into the irony ore mine. Tongue
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #310 on: October 11, 2017, 04:12:16 PM »

Well if you support life imprisonment for rape, then either (a) you support the death penalty for murder, which is absurd and ignorant for many reasons, or (b) you support the same punishment for rape and murder, which leads to rapists murdering their victims more often, which is absurd and ignorant.

Hmm ... this is a fascinating argument that I have never heard before but seems to make a lot of sense.  FTR, though, I do not think supporting the death penalty, in the abstract, is "absurd" or "ignorant."
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #311 on: October 11, 2017, 04:52:35 PM »

An ineffective ban, to be sure. If she were the deciding vote, Haley would support it. However, we can't risk hurting our relationship with Saudi Arabia, Iraq, India, China, and Japan at this time.

Beat me to it.

I made that post based on information available at the time. Knowing what we know now, I would not make that post.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« Reply #312 on: October 11, 2017, 09:47:23 PM »

I think it's pretty absurd to say that Bill Clinton is a bad person. What did he do wrong? Rape a few people? Who cares? Committing crimes doesn't automatically make people bad imo.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #313 on: October 11, 2017, 11:30:04 PM »

Yes, how benevolent of you to just assume that any poster conveniently lives in the "most urban" part of a particular state. Also quite convenient!

Actually I just wanted you to admit this - you live in the whitest area of Georgia.

You're a part of "white flight," not me. You're the type of person I know that moves out of a neighborhood once it becomes over 40% Hispanic.

Why not just assume that I live in one of the most rural parts of a state instead? You know, surrounded by GOP types who would walk barefoot through their own feces if they didn't have a government telling them not to, with big fat starch-injected guts hanging down to their knees, tons of scrap metal piled up on their rotten front porches accumulated from all of their relatives who blew their brains out because their lives were just so pathetic because they never accomplished anything?

And LOL - my city is literally majority-Latino. You're really bad at this! I'm sure your goal was for me to admit I lived somewhere other than ATL. Roll Eyes
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #314 on: October 12, 2017, 02:17:19 AM »

For those saying only 5%, why so low? We know that Trump has threatened to attack North Korea if they don't give in to absurd demands (like giving up their nuclear weapons). He's always known that such a demand wouldn't work. If there's an attack it immediately becomes an existential threat to North Korea, and they have no reason not to hit back with nukes.  

My view is that they have far more nuclear missiles, hidden away in a vast network of underground tunnels that they've been building for years, than our intelligence could possibly estimate. No matter how many satellites we have, we can't see underground. Their missile capability is also higher than our estimates, since they are being fed by third parties. Even if Pyongyang was totally flattened, their nuclear command structure and government would remain intact, and their population is highly motivated. The US position in the western Pacific is weaker than it looks. Think about it... what surface strongpoints do we actually have? A base in Seoul, and a few bases in Japan, and Guam, all of which positions are well known. Then we have three or four aircraft carrier battle groups, which are sitting ducks for a nuclear strike. All of these strongpoints could be taken out very easily, which leaves us with submarimes but nothing on the surface. At that point, Trump will want to make good on his threat to "totally destroy" North Korea, and the North Koreans will want to do as much damage to the U.S. mainland as possible in retaliation. South Dakota is relatively safe, but Chicago, New York City, Seattle, and San Francisco are not. Not that Trump would mind, as all these cities voted for Clinton, and it would give him an excuse to suspend the Constitution and declare martial law. The other option is that China gets drawn in and the U.S. enters a protracted war with China which ends in a nuclear exchange.

I'm not just posting, either. I am actually moving out of D.C. in part because I don't want to be here when the nuke hits.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #315 on: October 12, 2017, 09:59:29 AM »

I mean not that I like Moore, but what does a Senate's candidate adult son getting arrested have anything to do with the party at large?

It's more the hypocrisy that tends to come out from the GOP. Poor people who defraud benefits are scum who ought to starve, but rich Republicans engaging in bribery is fine and GOP primary voters don't bat an eye. Abortion is murder and pregnant women should die rather than have one, but Republican politicians can encourage mistresses and daughters to get abortions and it's no problemo.

At the core of this is the fact that Republican law and order rhetoric is mostly a racist vendetta against ethnic minorities, while as long as the perpetrator is white they're fine with all sorts of crime being forgiven and running away from legal principles.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #316 on: October 12, 2017, 11:13:30 AM »

Yes, how benevolent of you to just assume that any poster conveniently lives in the "most urban" part of a particular state. Also quite convenient!

Actually I just wanted you to admit this - you live in the whitest area of Georgia.

You're a part of "white flight," not me. You're the type of person I know that moves out of a neighborhood once it becomes over 40% Hispanic.

Why not just assume that I live in one of the most rural parts of a state instead? You know, surrounded by GOP types who would walk barefoot through their own feces if they didn't have a government telling them not to, with big fat starch-injected guts hanging down to their knees, tons of scrap metal piled up on their rotten front porches accumulated from all of their relatives who blew their brains out because their lives were just so pathetic because they never accomplished anything?

And LOL - my city is literally majority-Latino. You're really bad at this! I'm sure your goal was for me to admit I lived somewhere other than ATL. Roll Eyes

Like every Kyle Griffin post, there is nothing whatsoever absurd or ignorant about it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #317 on: October 12, 2017, 11:20:15 AM »

I mean not that I like Moore, but what does a Senate's candidate adult son getting arrested have anything to do with the party at large?

It's more the hypocrisy that tends to come out from the GOP. Poor people who defraud benefits are scum who ought to starve, but rich Republicans engaging in bribery is fine and GOP primary voters don't bat an eye. Abortion is murder and pregnant women should die rather than have one, but Republican politicians can encourage mistresses and daughters to get abortions and it's no problemo.

At the core of this is the fact that Republican law and order rhetoric is mostly a racist vendetta against ethnic minorities, while as long as the perpetrator is white they're fine with all sorts of crime being forgiven and running away from legal principles.

Maybe instead of just posting this in the Absurd and ignorant post thread, you might actually want to, you know, respond in kind and show how Gustav is supposedly wrong? But that would be difficult for you wouldn't it? Both because he makes some hard-hitting but more than a kernel of Truth points, and you're also not very good at formulating rational thought.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #318 on: October 12, 2017, 11:22:00 AM »

Because she is half-black. Most of the excuses boil down to "Black women aren't as electable as a blonde white woman is" because they don't like her race. Female POC know your place behind white feminists.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #319 on: October 12, 2017, 11:23:30 AM »

Because she is half-black. Most of the excuses boil down to "Black women aren't as electable as a blonde white woman is" because they don't like her race. Female POC know your place behind white feminists.

These parody users really have to stop.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #320 on: October 12, 2017, 11:39:35 AM »

Damn. That is ignorant and absurd. Apparently its hypocritical to not be a lefty stereotype of an evil conservative.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #321 on: October 12, 2017, 11:48:32 AM »

Maybe instead of just posting this in the Absurd and ignorant post thread, you might actually want to, you know, respond in kind and show how Gustav is supposedly wrong? But that would be difficult for you wouldn't it? Both because he makes some hard-hitting but more than a kernel of Truth points, and you're also not very good at formulating rational thought.

I'll do it for him.  It is - to any rational person - ignorant to imply that your average Republican voter who goes to work and cares about their family is just "okay" with people engaging in bribery or don't have a problem with supposedly pro-life politicians encouraging a mistress to get an abortion.  The absolutely insane options some on this site seem to give these voters (of which I would say my parents qualify), however, is to either accept every action done by the craziest Republicans as "okay" (and by extension support them) or vote for a party that you literally don't agree with; there is simply no in-between.  You either completely disavow everything about the GOP and vote against its candidates whenever you have the chance, or you stand with the worst Republicans and support them.  Most normal people who don't obsess over politics don't think those are the only options and know that what party and candidate you vote for on Election Day really doesn't say all that much about whether or not you disapprove of random politicians' or donors' actions that you have no control over.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #322 on: October 12, 2017, 02:43:06 PM »

Wulfric's signatures all belong in here (well, actually whatever is above the signature line too), but this is a beauty:

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #323 on: October 12, 2017, 06:12:54 PM »

Wulfric's signatures all belong in here (well, actually whatever is above the signature line too), but this is a beauty:

There aren't 198 developed nations, to my knowledge. Tongue
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #324 on: October 13, 2017, 07:14:05 PM »

White Americans don't riot in public. We riot in the voting booth.

If only those darn colored folk would sit down and behave!

Who said it had anything to do with African Americans? I said white people riot in the voting booth. Doesn't have to be about racial issues.
Hahahahahahahahaha
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies