delaware? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:06:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  delaware? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: delaware?  (Read 3287 times)
danwxman

« on: August 17, 2005, 02:25:39 PM »

I just traveled through Delaware on my way back from Ocean City a few weeks ago, and new housing developments are popping up all over the central and southern part of the state. Typical logic says this heavily favors Republicans, but if these people are moving from the DC or Philly area then it probably keeps the state about even.

Traveling down to Ocean City, Maryland is interesting....it seems like most of the people from the DC area favor Delaware and exit off Rt 50 towards Rehoboth, while most people from the Baltimore area go to Ocean City. I think the "liberals" prefer Delaware, which would lead me to believe it might not be just Republicans moving into exurban Delaware.
danwxman

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 09:07:24 PM »

I just traveled through Delaware on my way back from Ocean City a few weeks ago, and new housing developments are popping up all over the central and southern part of the state. Typical logic says this heavily favors Republicans, but if these people are moving from the DC or Philly area then it probably keeps the state about even.

Traveling down to Ocean City, Maryland is interesting....it seems like most of the people from the DC area favor Delaware and exit off Rt 50 towards Rehoboth, while most people from the Baltimore area go to Ocean City. I think the "liberals" prefer Delaware, which would lead me to believe it might not be just Republicans moving into exurban Delaware.
Not everybody from the DC area is liberal...

I've never been to Rehoboth, but it must be better than Ocean City.  That place is a dump.

I am assuming all of the cars with DC license plates are driven by liberals, including the ones from Virginia and Maryland with Kerry and/or liberal bumper stickers.
danwxman

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 12:50:40 PM »

The Route 13-Route 1-Route 113 corridor is getting very built up very fast. I don't know who's moving there, I wouldn't presume to guess either, but it's people with the money for a massive 300K+ cookie cutter suburban house.

Well, I don't know if it's all $300,000 housing. I saw a lot of cookie-cutter really tiny suburban houses and trailer parks off Rt 1. I think you have a lot of lower-middle class retirees moving down to Delaware as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies