July 2017 Poll: Democratic Primary 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 09:15:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  July 2017 Poll: Democratic Primary 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Democrats: If these were your candidates who would you vote for?
Joe Biden

Elizabeth Warren

Cory Booker

Kamala Harris

John Delaney

Amy Klobuchar

Sherrod Brown

Seth Moulton

Steve Bullock

Andrew Cuomo

Kirsten Gillibrand

Martin O'Malley

Terry McAuliffe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 102

Author Topic: July 2017 Poll: Democratic Primary 2020  (Read 2826 times)
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 01:23:16 AM »

Why is Biden included in this poll and not Sanders? From this list, I'd go with Warren, obviously, followed by Brown. All of the others listed are absolutely atrocious but I'd support them if they won the nomination.

Newsom will become the next Governor of California about a year and a half from now. After being governor for roughly a year he will announce his run for the presidency. He will win over progressive voters that backed Sanders so strongly in 2016, largely due to his strong progressive support on key issues such as the environment, gay marriage, and marijuana legalization. He will win over enough of the remaining Dems to capture the party's nomination (aged 52), and will go on to win the presidency (aged 53) only two years after being elected Governor of California. Don't underestimate Newsom. He's the one to watch. Pay attention.

You realize that we're in 2017, right? No one cares about Newsom's record on gay marriage.
I will say this Gavin oozes charisma which shouldn't be dismissed while having a generic liberal policy position

Gavin is far too well dressed, well spoken, and articulate to become President. That dashing man will be California's two term Governor and don't you dare think about taking him from us for the office of the Presidency. Angry

He'll be a formidable opponent once he completes his two terms as Governor.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 02:19:46 AM »

Brown, Harris, Klobuchar, Gillibrand. In that order.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 07:05:18 AM »

I'm an independent, but honestly, I'd pick trump over most of these candidates. But Delaney for 2020. He's the best choice the dems have
#StillWithHer
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 09:03:50 AM »

1. Harris 2. Booker 3. Gillibrand.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 09:53:08 AM »

Brown already said that he's not going to run. So I picked Warren. Hopefully she picks a Midwestern Democrat as her running mate, so they can win back the Rust Belt.

Also, Harris is no Obama. Just because Obama went from Senator to President in four years doesn't mean that everyone else can. Someone on this forum said that Harris is the Democrat's version of Marco Rubio, and that pretty much sums things up for me.
choclatechip45
Rookie

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2017, 04:31:40 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2017, 04:35:59 AM by choclatechip45 »

Brown already said that he's not going to run. So I picked Warren. Hopefully she picks a Midwestern Democrat as her running mate, so they can win back the Rust Belt.

Also, Harris is no Obama. Just because Obama went from Senator to President in four years doesn't mean that everyone else can. Someone on this forum said that Harris is the Democrat's version of Marco Rubio, and that pretty much sums things up for me.
She isn't Obama yet, but she isn't Rubio yet either. When she introduces a major piece of legislation and than backs away from it due to pressure from the democratic base than she is Rubio. Remember Rubio had a disastrous 2013 in the senate. Harris has just been there so far  this year. Also if she completely blows her response to the State of the union (if she has ever chosen) like Rubio did than she is defiantly following his path.
Possiblymaybe
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2017, 10:56:49 AM »

Why is Biden included in this poll and not Sanders? From this list, I'd go with Warren, obviously, followed by Brown. All of the others listed are absolutely atrocious but I'd support them if they won the nomination.

Newsom will become the next Governor of California about a year and a half from now. After being governor for roughly a year he will announce his run for the presidency. He will win over progressive voters that backed Sanders so strongly in 2016, largely due to his strong progressive support on key issues such as the environment, gay marriage, and marijuana legalization. He will win over enough of the remaining Dems to capture the party's nomination (aged 52), and will go on to win the presidency (aged 53) only two years after being elected Governor of California. Don't underestimate Newsom. He's the one to watch. Pay attention.

You realize that we're in 2017, right? No one cares about Newsom's record on gay marriage.
All California democrats have a strong record on gay rights/marriage it would be political sucicide not to.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2017, 12:58:07 PM »

Want Biden not to be "too old" but voted Brown.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 10:25:00 AM »
« Edited: August 01, 2017, 10:34:07 AM by The Saint »

I have locked the poll.

The top three:

1. Joe Biden: 19 (18.4%)
2. Elizabeth Warren: 18 (17.5%)