MI-Trafalgar: Rock +3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:45:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MI-Trafalgar: Rock +3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: MI-Trafalgar: Rock +3  (Read 4306 times)
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2017, 12:39:30 PM »

Democrats could always ditch Spenditnow for Eminem on the ballot I can see it now

[ ] Kid Rock (Republican)
[ ] Eminem (Democrat)
[ ] Clarence who Lives with his Parents (Independent)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2017, 12:49:56 PM »

Nelson and Manchin are the only Trump state democrats to lead a poll yet we are supposed to believe 2018 is a democratic wave.

Here come the trolls.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2017, 01:25:33 PM »

I honestly doubt he runs. I don't think the job appeals to him at all. Pretty conflicted about this poll though. In my mind it just seems ridiculous that Kid Rock is edging a 3 term Democratic senators in a Trump midterm, but, who knows..
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2017, 01:42:57 PM »

I am very excited by the prospect of having Kid Rock, Roy Moore, and - if we are very lucky - Curt Schilling in the Senate two years from now. The Republican Party is finally becoming a force for good in this country for the first time in well over a century. Mr. Rock is likely the only one who will have the people's support behind him in this state to make it competitive. I won't endorse just yet, but he is making quite the intriguing case.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2017, 01:45:43 PM »

Don't worry: if he runs, all SpendItNow has to do is make the (accurate) case that Ritchie Rich was/is a spoiled upper-class brat who plays trailer trash on TV...something Hillary Clinton sadly forgot to do last year.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2017, 01:57:30 PM »

If you all want to believe a true Republican pollster, go right ahead. I don't care what they supposedly got right, this poll is narrative setting crap.

Debbie Stabenow will put this trash in the can where it belongs and yes, I said trash. He makes Trump look like the Pope.
I remember last year when you said it was mathematically impossible for Trump to win
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2017, 02:24:38 PM »

It was looking rough in Michigan in 2014, IIRC. It appeared that nothing happened.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2017, 02:29:39 PM »

Nelson and Manchin are the only Trump state democrats to lead a poll yet we are supposed to believe 2018 is a democratic wave.
It's more than a year out (there have been, what, 5 polls so far?), and on Election Day the orange asshole's approval rating will be even lower than it is now.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2017, 03:01:58 PM »

So they are polling 'Kid Rock', but in all seriousness would his name be 'Robert Ritchie' on the ballot? Would that make a substantial difference?

I honestly think it would lol

Anyway MI-Sen is not Safe D this just validates what I've been saying for a while now. Smart money still on Stabenaw of course but there's no reason to think she is in a better position Jon Tester as of now, given she has a clear opponent who polls well against her and has plenty of self-funding capability.

Serious question though: is it actually certain he is even running?

Not sure what Michigan's rule is, but some states would allow him to be: Robert "Kid Rock" Ritchie.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2017, 03:05:16 PM »

This great pollster had Trump winning Michigan!

Link
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2017, 03:08:00 PM »

The dominate narrative actually seems to be that because of Trump's win, Democrats won't ever, EVER win an election again. Ever.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2017, 03:55:34 PM »

I am very excited by the prospect of having Kid Rock, Roy Moore, and - if we are very lucky - Curt Schilling in the Senate two years from now. The Republican Party is finally becoming a force for good in this country for the first time in well over a century. Mr. Rock is likely the only one who will have the people's support behind him in this state to make it competitive. I won't endorse just yet, but he is making quite the intriguing case.

Keep falling for the same crap over and over. Voters who keep electing incompetent buffoons to office that have no idea how to help the country but make you feel good about it will end up destroying the US.
maga2020
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: 7.74

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2017, 04:01:40 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 04:03:34 PM by maga2020 »

It's more than a year out (there have been, what, 5 polls so far?), and on Election Day the orange asshole's approval rating will be even lower than it is now.
People disapprove of Trump because of personality, not because of issues.

The swing voter hates the democrats overreach on immigration and the Pelosi-Schumer (previously Reid) duo.

And these Senators are incumbents yet they are polling at 42-46% and losing to most challengers, McCaskil is only ahead of her weakest and most unlikely opponent.
maga2020
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: 7.74

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2017, 04:07:55 PM »

The dominate narrative actually seems to be that because of Trump's win, Democrats won't ever, EVER win an election again. Ever.
Nah, they are fawning over low turnout special elections and their swings.

But when push comes to shove, the GOP base will come out in full force to defend their president, nationalize the race and the GOP wins, just like in GA-6, just like in Virginia, where Northam only talks about Trump and that made him lose his lead, and we know this is going to be his strategy, so governor Gillespie is already a reality.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2017, 04:08:18 PM »

Yeah I'm skeptical of this to say the least, but 2016 has taught me not to dismiss any real polls out of hand. While this is a Republican pollster, it is still a real pollster, and should be taken into consideration.
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2017, 04:12:44 PM »

I would not concede this race if I were a Democrat. I know I am in the minority though.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2017, 04:15:16 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 04:31:18 PM by Brittain33 »

How does this thing stand a chance in hell?  No one wants to admit it, but Robert Byrd was right: white n******.

God I hate American culture.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2017, 04:17:13 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 04:31:29 PM by Brittain33 »

How does this thing stand a chance in hell?  No one wants to admit it, but Robert Byrd was right: white n******.

Well that came out of nowhere
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2017, 04:21:36 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 04:31:41 PM by Brittain33 »

Well that came out of nowhere

Watch the video and tell me what else you would honestly call that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnO6ai0Ktro

Byrd was right.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2017, 04:35:31 PM »

If you all want to believe a true Republican pollster, go right ahead. I don't care what they supposedly got right, this poll is narrative setting crap.

Debbie Stabenow will put this trash in the can where it belongs and yes, I said trash. He makes Trump look like the Pope.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2017, 04:38:55 PM »

I just don't see how Michigan boots out an incumbent with Trump sitting at a 61% disapproval rating in the state.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2017, 05:26:42 PM »

Nah, they are fawning over low turnout special elections and their swings.

But when push comes to shove, the GOP base will come out in full force to defend their president, nationalize the race and the GOP wins, just like in GA-6, just like in Virginia, where Northam only talks about Trump and that made him lose his lead, and we know this is going to be his strategy, so governor Gillespie is already a reality.

You call narrowly winning a district which Mitt Romney won by 23% coming out in full force? Look at the generic congressional polls. The Republicans probably will narrowly keep their majority because of gerrymandering, but they'll be slaughtered in the PV. Just look at the generic congressional race polls (they probably aren't terribly accurate but when you're trailing by 8 on average you're doing something wrong).

Anyway, I probably should endorse Spenditnow for defeating Pieter "Pete" Hoekstra in 2012 so that Trump could put him where he belongs: ambassador to the wonderful country of the Netherlands Wink. Er gaat niks boven Groningen (I actually hate that place though)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2017, 05:54:21 PM »

I remember last year when you said it was mathematically impossible for Trump to win

"Trump won" is easily becoming a lame excuse to claim that any random person who runs for office can win now. This race will be after nearly two years of Trump and post disastrous healthcare repeal attempt, which equals in an entire different ball game.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2017, 06:15:46 PM »

When are people going to learn not to put stock in polling this early? If Rock is still ahead a year from now, then people can start to panic (or celebrate). Just ask Senators Heck, Strickland, Feingold, Grimes, and Land how accurate early polls are.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2017, 06:50:59 PM »

When are people going to learn not to put stock in polling this early? If Rock is still ahead a year from now, then people can start to panic (or celebrate). Just ask Senators Heck, Strickland, Feingold, Grimes, and Land how accurate early polls are.

I get that, but as we saw quite often last year, it's foolish to take any race for granted. I don't think that's what you're saying, but there is quite a bit of premature celebration of Stabenow's victory in this thread.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies