The case for John Delaney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:05:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The case for John Delaney
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The case for John Delaney  (Read 2079 times)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2017, 10:34:12 PM »

There is no case for John Delaney.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2017, 10:47:04 PM »

One foot, six inches. Wink
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2017, 10:50:39 PM »

John Delaney 2020. And 2024. And 2028. And 2032.

One nation.

Under Delaney.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2017, 11:02:27 PM »

his father was a union electrician, established businessman, do i need to say more?
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2017, 11:47:26 PM »

John Delaney 2020. And 2024. And 2028. And 2032.

One nation.

Under Delaney.

Amen
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2017, 02:36:32 AM »

Oh jeez is he going to be Atlas's new Gilmore? 😂😂😂 Seeiously this guy has 90 million dollars, it would be conceivable for him to spend around ten million of his own cash to get his name out there, and try pretty damn hard in the first three primaries... If he's seen as an experienced outsider, I don't think he'll be serious, but he'll definitely get ~~5ish percent in some places. Especially with that money, no matter how early he announced his campaign.
Grayfru
United States
Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: 4.00

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2017, 04:36:22 AM »

Well, at the very least, he'll (maybe) do better than Rocky De La Fuente.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2017, 06:39:13 AM »

Well, at the very least, he'll (maybe) do better than Rocky De La Fuente.

Hey, Rocky De La Fuente managed to get more votes than Chafee and Webb combined last time, simply by not dropping out of the race before the voting started.  Will Delaney manage to do that?
Rjjr77
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2017, 12:34:17 PM »

He was never going to win them in the first place. The guy won his seat through gerrymandering; if Maryland (hopefully) decides to draw fair, accurate districts in 2020, Delaney's going to find himself in a tight spot, holding onto a very, very Republican district. He would probably be the only Democratic congressman to lose his seat when redistricting comes, however.

I dont see dems doing redistricting reform if anything we need a better gerrymander to eliminate Harris.  Its time to fight fire with fire, also you could probably draw a non gerrymandered md-6 thats still competitive

Congrats, you can never complain about gerrymandering again.
Rjjr77
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2017, 12:38:06 PM »

his father was a union electrician, established businessman, do i need to say more?

Bernie Madoff's father was a plumber, he was an established business man, are you voting for him?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2017, 12:39:47 PM »

Fellow democrats, PLEASE don't rule him out yet, he's definately better than Hillary.

The bar is rather low here.
InheritTheWind

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2017, 05:20:42 PM »

He was never going to win them in the first place. The guy won his seat through gerrymandering; if Maryland (hopefully) decides to draw fair, accurate districts in 2020, Delaney's going to find himself in a tight spot, holding onto a very, very Republican district. He would probably be the only Democratic congressman to lose his seat when redistricting comes, however.

I dont see dems doing redistricting reform if anything we need a better gerrymander to eliminate Harris.  Its time to fight fire with fire, also you could probably draw a non gerrymandered md-6 thats still competitive

I would love to see that dbag Harris lose his seat, but idk how you would/could gerrymander out the Eastern Shore.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2017, 10:54:45 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2017, 11:13:06 PM by TheLeftwardTide »

I would love to see that dbag Harris lose his seat, but idk how you would/could gerrymander out the Eastern Shore.

I actually did quite a bit of work with Dave's Redistricting and was able to gerrymander Maryland to produce 3 Lean D and 5 Safe D districts. The thing is, I don't think you have to make districts contiguous over land, just over water, I mean look at LA-01 (Scalise's district). My strategy was to split Baltimore into 4 districts, with MD-01 getting the lion's share, and putting all of Cecil County in MD-02.

I just don't know how to export the file as an image, I could take a screenshot but there should be a better way. I could also upload the actual file itself, but I don't know how to do that on Atlas either.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies