Press Room (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:08:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Press Room (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Press Room  (Read 1448 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: July 28, 2017, 06:02:39 PM »

To tell you the absolute truth, I am bitterly disappointed with the Labour Party. The Liberal Democrats ran to the left, and Labour didn't try to go where it should've to counter them. We should've gone leftwards; that  is the only way to win the youth vote and the working class vote. We only barely held the north, which is supposed to be our traditional heartland.

I cannot stay as a member of a party that has forgotten where it came from. To so readily abandon the left flank to the Liberal Democrats  . . .  it was insanity. We were outflanked to the left, and that is something we should've been trying to actively counter. Instead, we almost gave up the fight.

I am also gravely disappointed in John McDonnell. I nominated him in our leadership race. I campaigned and voted for him. I defended him in a House of Commons hostile to his politics, yet he sent Owen Smith to a debate instead of going himself. That is not the mark of a good leader,  or even a decent one.

With a heavy heart, I am announcing my withdrawal from the Labour Party, and will be taking my seat with the Green Party, one of the few truly progressive parties left. Thank you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies