Press Room (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:52:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Press Room (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Press Room  (Read 1446 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« on: July 27, 2017, 10:32:38 PM »

DUP Leader Arlene Foster Outside of Stormont

"The DUP have had a massive success in this election, seating 7 MPs. Although that is down from our 8 after the 2010 election, I still feel we can consider it a success given our thorough victory in the popular vote. The DUP came out 8% ahead of Sinn Fein, and 24% ahead of the next largest Unionist Party, the UUP. One would think, with such a commanding vote lead, we would have a larger margin between the number of MPs, but that is simply the nature of the game now. I whole heartily congratulate the slate of newly elected DUP MPs: myself, Nigel Dodds, Ian Paisley, Jr., Jeffrey Donaldson, Pam Lewis, Gregory Campbell, and Norah Beare.

On the matter of forming a government, it clear that the support of the DUP and the Northern Irish Unionist parties will be crucial for Mrs. May as she begins the process of finding the votes to form a Government reflective of the results of this election. We are ready to talk and to listen, in hopes of establishing a government in Westminster that works for Northern Ireland and works for the whole of the United Kingdom. It is my intention to lend my assistance in any way possible to create a secure and stable Government."
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 04:35:18 AM »

DUP Chief Whip Nigel Dodds speaking to reporters

"I have spoken with Sir Patrick McLoughlin on behalf of the First Minister about the Democratic Unionist Party offering confidence and supply to a Conservative minority government. Put plainly, we are not there yet. At the outset of these negotiations, the DUP clearly laid out three main points that must be met by the Conservatives for us to support their government. We've already compromised on one of those points in hopes of spurring the process along. We're willing to work with the Conservatives, we want to form a Government for the whole of the United Kingdom, it's just not happening yet. I hope we can get there, in time for the Queen's Speech, but at this point we're not there."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies