Describe a Southern White Male who Voted for Hillary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:11:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Describe a Southern White Male who Voted for Hillary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Describe a Southern White Male who Voted for Hillary  (Read 2963 times)
peter88
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 04:55:22 AM »

someone who's moved down there from CA or something
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 04:25:44 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2017, 04:36:30 PM by AN63093 »

This isn't uncommon.  Some of these replies are quite silly; suggesting one had to be gay, or highly educated, or autistic (LOL, really?), or a 110 yr old dixiecrat with dementia to have voted for Clinton.  With that last one, I don't mean to pick on you RINO Tom, I know you're just being cheeky, but still. Smiley

Nashville voted 60-34 Clinton, Atlanta 68-27 Clinton, Charleston 51-43 Clinton, Columbia 64-31 Clinton, Birmingham 52-44 Clinton, Louisville 54-41 Clinton, and I can go on.  Obviously a significant percentage of each of those will probably be blacks, women, etc., but there will be some white males in there too and not all of them are gay.

Now the more interesting and harder question to answer would be: describe a southern white male voter who resides in a rural, non-college town area.
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2017, 08:39:47 PM »

This isn't uncommon.  Some of these replies are quite silly; suggesting one had to be gay, or highly educated, or autistic (LOL, really?), or a 110 yr old dixiecrat with dementia to have voted for Clinton.  With that last one, I don't mean to pick on you RINO Tom, I know you're just being cheeky, but still. Smiley

Nashville voted 60-34 Clinton, Atlanta 68-27 Clinton, Charleston 51-43 Clinton, Columbia 64-31 Clinton, Birmingham 52-44 Clinton, Louisville 54-41 Clinton, and I can go on.  Obviously a significant percentage of each of those will probably be blacks, women, etc., but there will be some white males in there too and not all of them are gay.

Now the more interesting and harder question to answer would be: describe a southern white male voter who resides in a rural, non-college town area.

Well, Trump likely won white men in all of those cities and certainly overwhelmingly won culturally Southern white men in all of those places, but there are likely a few, and they are likely not all of one demographic.  I know a guy who is a very culturally Southern straight white male (he has a thick accent even by the standards I am used to), but is a huge Democrat and campaigned for Hillary.  There are always some people who vote against what their demographic profile would suggest they would.
Gay Republican
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 01:35:09 AM »

I didn't say they were gay just that they were receivers.  You can receive and not be a homo genius.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2017, 05:42:10 PM »

This is the most ridiculous thread. There are plenty of white males living in the South who voted for Clinton, even if they were in the distinct minority of their group. I personally know literally dozens of people who meet that category. Hell, anyone who has ever visited New Orleans has probably met quite a few people who meet that description, and I don't just mean Mitch Landrieu.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2017, 06:38:58 PM »

Me
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2017, 07:02:15 PM »

I know a few folks dependent on government assistance that voted for Hillary in Louisiana.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2017, 07:44:28 PM »

I'm one and I would have if I could vote.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2017, 04:00:50 AM »

How about this, describe a no college southern white male who voted for Clinton. In the deep south that number has to be like 85-95% Trump. Pretty much, it has more to do with education levels and closeness to a metropolitan area. Also, nonreligious or not as religious people. I imagine there's a lot in the big cities and close suburbs, but outside that its pretty rare.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies