IN-Rokita Internal Poll: Rokita +7/+8 against Messer in GOP primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:07:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  IN-Rokita Internal Poll: Rokita +7/+8 against Messer in GOP primary
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-Rokita Internal Poll: Rokita +7/+8 against Messer in GOP primary  (Read 1431 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 26, 2017, 03:57:18 PM »

Todd Rokita - 21%
Luke Messer - 14%
Others - 11%
Undecided - 55%

Todd Rokita - 28%
Luke Messer - 20%
Undecided - 51%

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/354808199/IN-Sen-GS-Strategy-Group-for-Todd-Rokita-July-2017#
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 07:08:34 AM »

LOL, this has gotta be some sort of record for undecideds XD
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 02:54:11 PM »

I think there's easily room for a third candidate to rise here - Luke Messer has been kind of a perennial GOP candidate who runs and runs and runs for office looking to get promoted, while Rokita is smug, unlikable, and whose most famous moments include talking down a female reporter in a very insulting way and defending United back when they badgered that customer.

Neither guy is especially charismatic or inspiring (this, of course, didn't stop Todd Young from winning by double digits).
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 02:59:45 PM »

Neither guy is especially charismatic or inspiring (this, of course, didn't stop Todd Young from winning by double digits).
I disagree with that. I really liked his personal background and story, and he contrasted against Bayh really well.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 06:01:20 PM »

I disagree with that. I really liked his personal background and story, and he contrasted against Bayh really well.

he's more charismatic than Evan Bayh but really who isn't.
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 08:44:24 PM »

As someone who has met both and gone to their events, I don't know if that's necessarily true. Bayh is no Obama, but he's at least as good as the average politician at working up a crowd (or at least on the same level as Young.) I just think the whole D.C. house thing/lobbying made him sound insincere, but he is fairly charismatic apart from that.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 06:23:43 PM »

Is there any polling of Donnelly vs. either of them?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 12:43:33 PM »

As someone who has met both and gone to their events, I don't know if that's necessarily true. Bayh is no Obama, but he's at least as good as the average politician at working up a crowd (or at least on the same level as Young.) I just think the whole D.C. house thing/lobbying made him sound insincere, but he is fairly charismatic apart from that.

None of my Hoosier Dem friends and family ever liked Bayh. An okay Governor, I suppose, but his heart wasn't in being a Senator. Nothing like his father.

That said, Rokita seems more likely to blow up than Messer, so if he's leading, fine. Curtis Hill would be an interesting third option, and probably the worst match-up for Donnelly.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 12:46:50 PM »

None of my Hoosier Dem friends and family ever liked Bayh. An okay Governor, I suppose, but his heart wasn't in being a Senator. Nothing like his father.

That said, Rokita seems more likely to blow up than Messer, so if he's leading, fine. Curtis Hill would be an interesting third option, and probably the worst match-up for Donnelly.

I've always REALLY liked Evan Bayh, but I was rooting for Todd Young, and I think that may have been part of the problem as well in 2016. i'm sure lots of  indiana republicans liked him and voted for him in the past, but wanted to keep the senate in 2016.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 04:03:06 PM »

I feel comfortable calling Hill the best option for Republicans. He won in an absolute landslide in November and doesn't seem to have the baggage of the two Reps.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies