Sun and Moon - The Presidential Election of 2040 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:30:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Sun and Moon - The Presidential Election of 2040 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sun and Moon - The Presidential Election of 2040  (Read 47825 times)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 28, 2017, 04:39:43 PM »

This is a great timeline and it really makes me kind of excited to see an Asian as President.....

May I suggest something ? TD's Between the Two Majorities Timeline I believe is a great reference Point for anyone really.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 06:45:23 PM »

This is a great timeline and it really makes me kind of excited to see an Asian as President.....

May I suggest something ? TD's Between the Two Majorities Timeline I believe is a great reference Point for anyone really.

This timeline was actually inspired by Between Two Majorities, and a lot of what happens is based off of that. I created this timeline to give a more human face to the abstract ideas that TD outlines in his timeline.

So there's a Richard Cordray ?

Can you also do a list of all the Presidents ? And..... the Republican Asian Woman President looks pretty hot..... What ?
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 09:44:33 PM »

This timeline was actually inspired by Between Two Majorities, and a lot of what happens is based off of that. I created this timeline to give a more human face to the abstract ideas that TD outlines in his timeline.

Can you also do a list of all the Presidents ? And..... the Republican Asian Woman President looks pretty hot..... What ?

I originally considered having a President Cordray, but I personally don't think he's ever going to be President. There is someone like him, but I can't tell you yet, because that will spoil the timeline. Wink

As for your second point: in-universe, by the 2030s the United States has become an even more beauty-conscious society than it is now, thanks to the proliferation of new and inexpensive beauty and plastic surgery treatments. And as the party of the rich, the Republican party is also the party of beauty, so it doesn't hurt to be above average-looking.

But back to the meta: both the photos for President Sun and Governor Glass are of real people. Challenge: If you (or anyone else) can figure out who they are, I'll let you name a character and give you a lot of brownie points. Hint: I didn't choose their first names by accident.

So are you a fan of Korean Pop Singers ? What happened to Pence ? How does Elise Stefanik get chosen for Vice President ? It's kind of like the Clinton Gore Thing isn't it ? How is Trump doing ? Does Single Payer get passed ? What happens to China ? Russia ? North Korea ?

How is the Economy doing ? What happens to the Alt Right People ? Paul Ryan ? Marco Rubio ? Ted Cruz ?
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 10:15:33 PM »

I originally considered having a President Cordray, but I personally don't think he's ever going to be President. There is someone like him, but I can't tell you yet, because that will spoil the timeline. Wink

As for your second point: in-universe, by the 2030s the United States has become an even more beauty-conscious society than it is now, thanks to the proliferation of new and inexpensive beauty and plastic surgery treatments. And as the party of the rich, the Republican party is also the party of beauty, so it doesn't hurt to be above average-looking.

But back to the meta: both the photos for President Sun and Governor Glass are of real people. Challenge: If you (or anyone else) can figure out who they are, I'll let you name a character and give you a lot of brownie points. Hint: I didn't choose their first names by accident.

So are you a fan of Korean Pop Singers ? What happened to Pence ? How does Elise Stefanik get chosen for Vice President ? It's kind of like the Clinton Gore Thing isn't it ? How is Trump doing ? Does Single Payer get passed ? What happens to China ? Russia ? North Korea ?

How is the Economy doing ? What happens to the Alt Right People ? Paul Ryan ? Marco Rubio ? Ted Cruz ?

First question: I used to listen to K-pop a lot. Not so much now, but I still respect them, and when coming up with names I figured "Hey, some of them have some cool names."

Third question: Stefanik was chosen for her relative moderation as the entire Republican Party moderates in this timeline. TD actually chose her to become President in his timeframe, so my choice of her as VP (and Joaquin Castro as the defeated Democratic incumbent) was a homage to that.

Other questions: Patience, young person, these will be answered as the story unfolds.

I'm sorry. It's just that I am excited to see TD's Theoretical Timeline be put into Action so to speak. TD for all of the Good Points he made.... did not really make it human. So this is awesome. We have yet to see the Senate and House Leaders. The Cabinet of President Sun. The Leaders of the Parties. So this is Awesome !

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 10:26:16 PM »

How is Vietnam doing with China and the US ?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies