Trump spoke to 40,000 Boy Scouts about...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 11:27:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump spoke to 40,000 Boy Scouts about...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Trump spoke to 40,000 Boy Scouts about...  (Read 3893 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2017, 03:51:10 PM »

The Jamboree is filled with only the scouts from the wealthiest families, as is very much a Hitler Youth rally as a result.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2017, 05:07:37 PM »

Can you stop emulating the unvarnished a$$hole "qualities" of your president for even a minute?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2017, 05:38:07 PM »

Can you stop emulating the unvarnished a$$hole "qualities" of your president for even a minute?
Shut up and go away.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2017, 05:55:30 PM »

Shut up and go away.

Hey, act like a d******, you'll get called out for it. If you obviously can't even defend president of United States of America giving a speech to always Scouts about his big electoral win, bad mouthing another price of the United States of America, and freaking cocktail parties, hey, that's your own problem
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2017, 05:58:16 PM »

I really don't have to defend him against people who attack him for everything. I save my energy for wavering Trumpists these days.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2017, 06:49:00 PM »

CNN's Jake Tapper breaks down the ridiculousness of trump's Boy Scout speech.
If interested, here is this short video :

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/07/25/tapper-monologue-trump-boy-scouts-speech-lead.cnn
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2017, 06:57:09 PM »

I really don't have to defend him against people who attack him for everything. I save my energy for wavering Trumpists these days.

I thought you'd quit the Trump Train and evolved into "well, you can't blame me for supporting trump because Hillary was so bad"
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2017, 07:39:00 PM »

Ok, I'm actually here and I watched Trump last night. Most people liked it, the only non-popular parts were the political parts but his supporters cheered.I will
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2017, 07:41:48 PM »

Obama was booed at the Jamboree he addressed in 2010 so he was speaking to a friendly crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAWsy7VV8oE
Dude you literally have no idea about why they booed him, I talked to my scoutmaster who went in 2010 and the Boy Scouts were very angry that year as it was the 100th anniversary, most presidents attend as they are the honorary presidents and Obama taped a session of the View the day the address happened so he skipped is for Whoopi.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2017, 07:43:24 PM »

Trump invited three cabinet members who are eagle scouts to the event, but Tillerson and Sessions, who are also eagle scouts, were not invited.

Looks like time is running out for Jeff and Rexy.
Tillerson came on Thursday when they had a building unveiled for him as the former BSA President.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2017, 07:47:53 PM »

* His election win
* "Fake news"
* Yachts
* Cocktail Parties
* President Obama

To Boy Scouts

Not to mention he had them boo both Clinton and Obama.

Reminds me of Hitler youth.

get a grip on reality. disgusting and false comparison.

I think you ask a lot of some folks, lol.

Boy Scouts are, by and large, one of the last Main Street Republican type boys organizations that maintain a high profile.  They're conservative in a real Gerald Ford way.  I must say, as a former Senior Patrol Leader and member of the Order of the Arrow, that I cringed more than a bit listening to Trump speak to Scouts today.  It wasn't about America or Boys; it was about HIM.  I expect politicians to be somewhat narcissistic, and I know that lots of pols aren't beyond milking drama, but I've come to believe that Trump just can't bring himself to be the "civic" Donald Trump when America needs him to be.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2017, 07:50:49 PM »

* His election win
* "Fake news"
* Yachts
* Cocktail Parties
* President Obama

To Boy Scouts

Boy Scouts are, by and large, one of the last Main Street Republican type boys organizations that maintain a high profile.  They're conservative in a real Gerald Ford way.  I must say, as a former Senior Patrol Leader and member of the Order of the Arrow, that I cringed more than a bit listening to Trump speak to Scouts today.  It wasn't about America or Boys; it was about HIM.  I expect politicians to be somewhat narcissistic, and I know that lots of pols aren't beyond milking drama, but I've come to believe that Trump just can't bring himself to be the "civic" Donald Trump when America needs him to be.
Fuzzy, I'm not going to try to fight with you my friend but you are mostly wrong. National is a Main Street type but around 70% of the Scouts probably are rabid Trump supporters. I've seen over 400 Trump hats in the past week here.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2017, 07:51:06 PM »

Trump is absolute trash. I hope I live to see the history books about this era.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2017, 08:02:37 PM »

Obama was booed at the Jamboree he addressed in 2010 so he was speaking to a friendly crowd.

Dude you literally have no idea about why they booed him, I talked to my scoutmaster who went in 2010 and the Boy Scouts were very angry that year as it was the 100th anniversary, most presidents attend as they are the honorary presidents and Obama taped a session of the View the day the address happened so he skipped is for Whoopi.

How dare Barack Obama be the president for people other than rich, privileged white men and boys. Won't someone think of the poor, defenseless, put-upon white suburbanites who can afford to travel across country to attend a national jamboree? Won't they ever be spoken for?
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2017, 08:06:22 PM »

Disgusting my ass. I will not conform to conservative correctness.

Screw the Boy Scouts!

I wonder what it's like being a dunce on a forum filled with intellectuals.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2017, 08:07:39 PM »

* His election win
* "Fake news"
* Yachts
* Cocktail Parties
* President Obama

To Boy Scouts

Fuzzy, I'm not going to try to fight with you my friend but you are mostly wrong. National is a Main Street type but around 70% of the Scouts probably are rabid Trump supporters. I've seen over 400 Trump hats in the past week here.
Most Gerald Ford Republican types these days are for Trump.  And I'm sure that most of the Scouts think Trump is cool.

I question the example he set for the boys today.  I've been at Boy Scout events as a scout where there was politicized rhetoric.  This was during the Nixon years, and it was the "Silent Majority" stuff.  The boys probably liked the speech.  What they NEEDED was their President discuss with the boys how THEY are the future of America, and what kind of America we will have in 2040 will depend much on what kind of men they turn out to be.  To hear that from their President would have stayed with them their whole lives.  This, too, will stay with them their whole lives.  It will reinforce the cynicism that is not good for America, period.  Trump blew it today, and I'm not an anti-Trumper.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2017, 08:08:15 PM »

How dare Barack Obama be the president for people other than rich, privileged white men and boys. Won't someone think of the poor, defenseless, put-upon white suburbanites who can afford to travel across country to attend a national jamboree? Won't they ever be spoken for?
Dude you literally know nothing about what your talking about.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2017, 08:20:31 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2017, 08:22:35 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Once again, the Orange Clown gets a big "F" on his presidential report card ....

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2017, 08:21:16 PM »

I voted for Obama in 2012.  I generally view him positively.  But one reason he was so polarizing is that he often acted like he was President of everyone but "rich, privileged white men and boys" and the "put-upon white suburbanites . . .", etc.  He was President of THEM, too, and he often appeared disdainful of this.  Obama SHOULD have made this gathering more important than some TV thing; it's an organization that has always been about God and Country, and Obama should have recognized THAT concept as important.  
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2017, 08:26:15 PM »

Once again, the Orange Clown gets a big "F" on his presidential report card ....

I must say that when I was a Boy Scout, I was also a long-haired McGovernite peacenik.  I heard my share of politicized talks at Memorial Day and Veterans Day parades in which I marched.  While this was an invitation to join the Silent Majority, I agree that it wasn't a long self-serving plug, but I remember speakers bashing the media back then.  I'm talking 1969-1972. 
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2017, 08:38:12 PM »

I must say that when I was a Boy Scout, I was also a long-haired McGovernite peacenik.  I heard my share of politicized talks at Memorial Day and Veterans Day parades in which I marched.  While this was an invitation to join the Silent Majority, I agree that it wasn't a long self-serving plug, but I remember speakers bashing the media back then.  I'm talking 1969-1972.  

A "Memorial Day and Veterans Day parade" is not solely a Boy Scouts event.
The organization has no control or say-so on what should and should-not be discussed.
The event trump went to was 100% under the umbrella of the Boy Scouts organization.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2017, 08:44:50 PM »

Disgusting my ass. I will not conform to conservative correctness.

Screw the Boy Scouts!

I wonder what it's like being a dunce on a forum filled with intellectuals.
I figured you'd know by now.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2017, 08:46:20 PM »

I thought you'd quit the Trump Train and evolved into "well, you can't blame me for supporting trump because Hillary was so bad"
Do you read my actual posts or just Badger's intentional misinterpretations of them?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2017, 08:48:27 PM »

Yeah, but that is at least influenced by the fact that it's being held in West Virginia. I realize it's a national convention, but most Scout troops aren't that rich, so locals are going to be disproportionately represented.

My Scout troop never even considered going to a national jamboree, but if it had been held in Mississippi we absolutely would have, along with almost every Mississippi troop.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2017, 09:03:41 PM »

Yeah, but that is at least influenced by the fact that it's being held in West Virginia. I realize it's a national convention, but most Scout troops aren't that rich, so locals are going to be disproportionately represented.

My Scout troop never even considered going to a national jamboree, but if it had been held in Mississippi we absolutely would have, along with almost every Mississippi troop.
Dude you have no idea how this works. Every council, there's around 500 of them in the nation sends a contingent. Those contingents are made up of anywhere from 1 to 10 troops. They aren't your local troop that meets on your church they are a collection of Boys who decide to go to Jambo. My council sent 3 troops around 120 people. So no there's not a lot of West Virginians in fact, I haven't met one and when he called out West Virginia at the rally yesterday there were 2 troops that cheered.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies