Roommates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:27:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Roommates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Roommates  (Read 11253 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 15, 2005, 04:04:13 PM »

This is probably a very stupid, pointless post that's most likely somewhat similar to my "posters you would like to meet" thread.  But oh well.....I'm rather bored, and should be sleeping right now but can't.

Anywho...who here on the forum would/could you be roommates with in an apartment, townhouse, etc for an extended length of time?  Say, two years.  Who all could you put up with day after day for that long?

(I could've done a "who could you marry" thread, but decided since most people here tend to be straight males, I didn't think it'd go over too well.)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 06:04:52 PM »

I'd choose you at first, but I would get no sleep because you'd have a chick/guy every night *poke poke wink wink* Cheesy

Same for Hugh, except he wouldn't get any chicks.  And the guy(s) would be in a relationship with him.

Oh dear.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 06:11:48 PM »

I'm probably the only one like this, but I'm a very sociable guy, as long as it is not for an extremely extended period of time.  I'd hate sharing a room.

Only child complex, probably.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 06:12:17 PM »

Probably Ilikeverin, Everett or PBrunsel are the ones I could live with for the most time.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 06:28:50 PM »

I'd pick ilikeverin or hugh.  Both incredibly cool people.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 10:00:41 PM »

I have pretty serious psychiatric problems, so I would probably end up killing whoever was sharing my room.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 11:05:27 PM »

They would have to be cool with my casual nudity around the apartment... fortunately I already have a female "roommate" who not only doesn't mind, but also participates! Cheesy
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 11:08:07 PM »

I can tolerate a wide range of people as long as they stay within society's wide expectations of decent behavior. That's unfortunately a very small subset of the forum population. If forced to choose, PBrunsel and I could get along fairly well.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 11:14:00 PM »

PBrunsel would be good but sometimes he seems too civil. I need someone to argue with.  Smiley
Cashcow

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 11:18:20 PM »

PBrunsel would be good but sometimes he seems too civil. I need someone to argue with.  Smiley

You two agree on almost everything. Room with Flyers, maybe he'll bring home some drunks.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 11:24:01 PM »

You two agree on almost everything.

I have had some arguments with PBrunsel. He insists on being this thing they call "nice." He needs to snap out of it.   Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 11:27:45 PM »

In all honestly, probably someone like PBrunsel.  If I have to live with someone, I would prefer that person to be relatively quiet, to be someone I can get along with, and to share my personal distaste for stuff like alcohol, drugs, and strip clubs (or at least not be one who attempts to goad me into it).
Cashcow

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 11:31:22 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2005, 12:33:07 AM by Mayor of Delaware Cashcow »

In all honestly, probably someone like PBrunsel.  If I have to live with someone, I would prefer that person to be relatively quiet, to be someone I can get along with, and to share my personal distaste for stuff like alcohol, drugs, and strip clubs (or at least not be one who attempts to goad me into it).

I fit into all of those categories. You can sleep with me any day, baby.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2005, 11:31:47 PM »

and to share my personal distaste for stuff like alcohol, drugs, and strip clubs

You're not so bad after all.   Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 11:31:59 PM »

I fit into all of those categories. You can sleep with me any day, baby.

Oh, darling.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2005, 11:32:52 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2005, 12:07:28 AM by Casey Reese »

Probably one of these people:
ilikeverin, hughento, nini, Flyers, LiberalPA, BRTD, EarlAW, Virginia87, Joe Republic, Kerry/Edwards 2008 (my brother Tongue), Gabu, Alcon, Mike Naso, Waltermitty, PBrunsel, Ebowed, KEmperor, Beef, Harry, CheeseWhiz, Dubya, George W. Bush, Wildcard, Nation, nickshepDEM, or Cashcow.

Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2005, 11:33:05 PM »

and to share my personal distaste for stuff like alcohol, drugs, and strip clubs

You're not so bad after all.   Tongue

Well, I've said numerous times in the past that I'm personally pretty conservative in what my actual actions are.  I just happen to not care if someone I don't know is doing something different..
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2005, 12:02:59 AM »

I would say Milk_and_Cereal, Joe Republic, King, Harry, J-Mann, patrick1, Supersoulty, Nation, Virginian87, Peter Bell, bullmoose88, Frodo or Gabu.

I would also say Alcon, Max Power, Flyers, nym90, TexasGurl, Lewis Trondheim, StatesRights, BossTweed or WalterMitty but our age difference would probably be too large either way to be great roommates.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2005, 12:06:06 AM »

If any of you want to be my roommate, you better like good music, good beer, good women and fantastic parties. At least my roommate next year fits into those last 3 categories Cheesy

Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2005, 12:07:04 AM »

If any of you want to be my roommate, you better like good music, good beer, good women and fantastic parties. At least my roommate next year fits into those last 3 categories Cheesy

Damn! I forgot about you!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2005, 12:43:03 AM »

Monkeypoo4u?
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2005, 01:19:13 AM »

cool, I'm the first one listed, so you must've thought of me first.  You'd probably be fine for getting along with me.

Let's see
Joe Republic okay, as with others who are generally moderate, but still have enough argumentive ability, if needed.
Richius pro-agrees with me on economics, since he's gay (at least somewhat he'd be able to help me with women, be able to show me a sense of style
con-I'd have to throw my book "Being Logical" at him at least twice a week.
Harry would be a really cool roomate, rock out to GnR and Sabbath
BRTD could show me some cool parties
Texasgurl-be okay for a while, but  she would probably end up hating me at some point and moving out
EarlAW-definitely the last person I'd want to be roomates with, constant arguing, him being overtly Canadian,..
ilikeverin-as long as he doesn't bring too many cute puppies and kitties with him, too many animals crowd up a place and can make it smell
Masterjedi-not my first choice, but I could get along fairly well
jfern-I'm moving if I hear a single word about "Republicans this" or "George Bush that" since it's more annoying coming from him than anyone else.
John Dibble-I'd smoke in my bed, he'd get annoyed, then I'd say my bed's private property Smiley
StatesRights-be okay, any time I get in an arguement or a feud, one of us would come around by bashing Lincoln
Mike Naso- oh boy, let's get him drunk and watch.  Be laughing for three hours straight.  Other than having fun messing with, would get super irritating
Bono-paint gun, laser tag, and going to the firing range in our free time.  If I actually had any money hunting would be cool too.
Phillip-a bloody, bloody war on trying to be the most alpha male.
Bob-as long as the fat guy doesn't move in too
Miss Catholic- sounds like a sweetheart, but could also get on my nerves

eh, that's about all for now.  I more or less rated the expirience, oh well...

TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2005, 02:13:23 AM »

Ok, this is partial as of now:

Walter Mitty-  would be great for women and partying, but we disagree economically.  Sounds pretty easygoing. Overall: A-

Nym90-  Would have no issues with.  Overall: A+

StatesRights- Despite our drastically different backgrounds and ideologies, I think it could be possible.  Our styles are also different, but it COULD work.  I can see some minor differences.  Seems laid back enough.  Overall: C+

Smash255-  Definitely work.  Overall: A+

TexasGurl-  I could see her being a bit nannyish on me.  I tend to let things go at times.  She would be done with me quickly.  Overall: D-

nini2287-  Would work.  You don't object over me providing alchie or weed do you?  Hell I'd let you smoke up some.  Bring some hot 18 year olds by.  Overall: A+ 

bullmoose88-  Yeah I know Lehigh sucks!  Seems a bit uptight and my guess is you are somewhat of a neat freak.  I could be wrong.  Overall: B

patrick1-  Would also work.  Overall: A+

dazzleman-  Maybe 15 years ago.  Seems a little too fatherish for me.  Overall: C-

Nation-  PARRRRTAAY!!!!!! How much do you do well party?  Those days are winding down for me and I think I need more quiet and R&R.  I am also the type that can spend some whole weekends doing nothing.  That may annoy you.  Could be fun at times and would likely attract women. Overall: B+

supersoulty-  Opposite of Nation.  Could be easier on some things, harder on others.  If I need to study or just quiet he'd be perfect.  If I wanna party, could be tough.  Overall: B

Naso-  Would kill in sleep.  Overall: F

NixonNow-  see Naso

pknrocket1k-  Let's look for ladies!  Overall: A

BRTD-  No I will not go the the strip club.  Ok, I might spend $50 next week.  Has a few things to iron out and needs to be a little more mature.  Overall: B+

opebo-  Reminds me of my old next door neighbor.  Do me a favor- women near my age ARE MINE!  Could potentially be somewhat annoying.  Overall: B

nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2005, 02:23:12 AM »

nini2287-  Would work.  You don't object over me providing alchie or weed do you?  Hell I'd let you smoke up some.  Bring some hot 18 year olds by.  Overall: A+ 

Sounds like a good trade lol
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2005, 08:55:01 AM »

John Dibble-I'd smoke in my bed, he'd get annoyed, then I'd say my bed's private property Smiley

Well, since it's an apartment/townhouse or whatever, you'd have your own room. And since it seems we are renting, it's not really your property. Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies