New Members Needed Bill

(1/6) > >>

Emsworth:
New Members Needed Bill

Preamble

Whereas, the need for new members is apparent in Atlasia because of dwindling membership and the unopposed Senate and Gubernatorial races,

The Senate hereby acknowledges the need to attract new members to Atlasia.

Section One: Forming a Commission

1.   The President shall hereby appoint a commission composed the Secretary of Forum Affairs, the Deputy Secretary of Forum Affiars, one Senator, one Supreme Court Justice, and one citizen of Atlasia who holds no position in the federal government.
2.   The commission, after being appointed by the President, must be approved the President Pro Tempore of the Senate.
3.   The members of the Commission will decide among themselves who will chair the Commission, by any means they see fit.

Section Two: The Role of the Commission

1.   The Commission shall discuss any way it feels possible to attract new members to the forum including but not limited to sending representatives to other political forums.
2.   The Commission may conduct these discussions in any way that they see fit.

Section Three: Findings

1.   At the time the commission feels it has reached its conclusion it shall draw up a report with all of its findings and present it the Senate of Atlasia.  The Chairman will issue the report for the which the Senate will use to pass further legislation for this issue.
2.   Once the Chairman has delivered his report, the Commission will disband.

Sponsor: Sen. True Independent

True Democrat:
This is one of the ideas Supersoulty stressed during his campaign, and I believe it should be explored.  The elections are getting kind of repetitive.

Emsworth:
While the aims of this bill may be good, I would disagree with the creation of a commission. Not every problem can be solved by setting up a commission. A body was necessary to study voting reform because the matter was extremely complex, because there are so many points to be taken into consideration. Another committee was set up to study diplomatic relations with other micronations because, again, the matter was very multi-faceted.

In this case, however, I would dispute that there is a need for a commission. I see no impediment to Senators considering this matter on their own; the need for a separate organization does not, in my view, really exist.

MasterJedi:
Yeah a commision really isn't needed.

How about we pick 3 willing citizens from different parties and regions that can PM and encourage people to join?

Gabu:
It seems to me that our options are pretty simple: either invite people we know to the board, set the forum up so it can be found via search engines, or advertise the forum in some other way.  I don't think we need an entire commission for what is essentially a very simple issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page