AZ polls indicate somewhat of a Primary challenge for Flake
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:49:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  AZ polls indicate somewhat of a Primary challenge for Flake
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ polls indicate somewhat of a Primary challenge for Flake  (Read 2211 times)
SCNCmod

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 20, 2017, 06:47:23 AM »
« edited: April 20, 2017, 07:12:39 AM by SCNCmod »

Which would be Dems best bet IMO... Facing someone other than Flake in the general... As I tend to think Flake is much less vulnerable than people think in the General- In fact I think Cruz is more vulnerable than Flake. 

Polls
Nov 15: Kelli Ward 35% ...  Jeff Flake 35% ... Undecided 30%
Feb 7:   Kelli Ward 30% ...  Jeff Flake 23% ... Undecided 47%
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 10:21:51 AM »

Which would be Dems best bet IMO... Facing someone other than Flake in the general... As I tend to think Flake is much less vulnerable than people think in the General- In fact I think Cruz is more vulnerable than Flake. 

Polls
I don't agree that Cruz is more vulnerable, but you're right that Flake isn't as vulnerable as many think.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 01:13:17 PM »

Arizona seems like it will be a senate seat that will be way more vulnerable than normal voting patterns would indicate; it's likely that an extremist will win in a bruising GOP primary over Flake and then promptly throw away the seat in the general. Add Democratic enthusiasm and I see the seat as tossup/tilt D at this time.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 06:02:38 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2017, 06:07:16 PM by Figueira »

I've heard Flake called "safe" which is ridiculous. But he will be tough to beat.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 07:03:53 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2017, 07:09:32 PM by Power to the Pe p e! »

There seems to be a general anti-incumbent mood here with every senator in close states getting primaried or Blanched. Could it really be that TX,NV,AZ,OH, and MO could simultaneously flip?

I personally feel that if Trump is still in the 36-41 range, the Democrats will sweep. If the adults finally take over and he gets to like 45 or 50%, I can see the GOP getting to 56 seats.
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 08:50:55 PM »

I think flake is vulnerable, and with a Democrat as Maricopa county recorder providing an all mail in election in the county that is 60% of the state, that's a vulnerability for any republican.

Not to mention flake sucks at fundraising, his problems within the GOP aren't going to help that
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 09:22:07 PM »

There seems to be a general anti-incumbent mood here with every senator in close states getting primaried or Blanched. Could it really be that TX,NV,AZ,OH, and MO could simultaneously flip?

I personally feel that if Trump is still in the 36-41 range, the Democrats will sweep. If the adults finally take over and he gets to like 45 or 50%, I can see the GOP getting to 56 seats.

Trump will not give up control of his white house, the only way the adults could take control is if Trump was no longer alive (and I am NOT advocating for any death, I'm just telling my opinion.)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 07:16:29 AM »

I mean Flake is one of the most unpopular senator , has a history of underperforming, AZ is trending dem and is quite elastic:
Lean rep for now but I will change my rating if a primary challenger emerges /a good dem candidate runs.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 02:09:00 AM »

Trump will not give up control of his white house, the only way the adults could take control is if Trump was no longer alive (and I am NOT advocating for any death, I'm just telling my opinion.)

Adults in the Trump Administration? Don't make me laugh. And any they might hire aren't interested and / or will be quickly shunted aside for the usual ring of sycophantic dysfunctional Wingnuts.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 04:10:38 AM »

Adults in the Trump Administration? Don't make me laugh. And any they might hire aren't interested and / or will be quickly shunted aside for the usual ring of sycophantic dysfunctional Wingnuts.

Mattis, Pence, Sessions, McMaster, heck even Tillerson and a few others are all adults in the Trump administration.  ot that I necessarily agree with all their politics and beliefs, but they are the real adults in the administration.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 10:17:12 AM »

Mattis, Pence, Sessions, McMaster, heck even Tillerson and a few others are all adults in the Trump administration.  ot that I necessarily agree with all their politics and beliefs, but they are the real adults in the administration.

Those folks are arguably adults, but unfortunately they have next to zero influence on Trump and his behavior. Pence is the one at least partial exception to having even tiny influence on Trump, but he's also the partial exception to that list of someone who constitutes a moderating adult influence on Trump. Just because Vince is indeed the quintessential doll is white bread middle-aged Midwestern white guy doesn't change the fact he's something of a Wingnut.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2017, 12:17:36 PM »

Those folks are arguably adults, but unfortunately they have next to zero influence on Trump and his behavior. Pence is the one at least partial exception to having even tiny influence on Trump, but he's also the partial exception to that list of someone who constitutes a moderating adult influence on Trump. Just because Vince is indeed the quintessential doll is white bread middle-aged Midwestern white guy doesn't change the fact he's something of a Wingnut.

Correct and correct. I said I don't agree with all of their views, and also Despite being adults, they got no control, because Trump will never voluntarily let go even a little bit.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 05:15:30 PM »

Which would be Dems best bet IMO... Facing someone other than Flake in the general... As I tend to think Flake is much less vulnerable than people think in the General- In fact I think Cruz is more vulnerable than Flake

Polls

nonsense - Flake ran behind Romney in 2012.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies