OH-PPD: Mandel +8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:22:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  OH-PPD: Mandel +8
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: OH-PPD: Mandel +8  (Read 4945 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 10:35:09 AM »
« edited: July 10, 2017, 10:36:48 AM by PG for President »

This. Though Sherrod needs to be careful, etc.

Also worth noting, we don't like electing Senators more than twice. The last Ohio Senator to hold office for three terms was John Glenn.

EDIT: Also, also, a poll with Mandel up 8 and Trump favorable that good would have to have Kasich underwater. He's less popular than ever, but he's not underwater.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 10:47:08 AM »

Look at this face. Such a high-energy winner!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 11:09:01 AM »

Trump +13?

BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2017, 11:16:23 AM »

Remind me how someone who isn't old enough to vote can run for Senate?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 11:17:33 AM »

Because he's a child prodigy, of course! (Alternative Answer: The same way how he was able to run in 2012)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2017, 11:21:01 AM »

Wake me when we have an even remotely credible poll
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2017, 11:28:08 AM »

Because he's a child prodigy, of course! (Alternative Answer: The same way how he was able to run in 2012)

You get sportsman points for playing along. Well done.
Rjjr77
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2017, 11:50:07 AM »

Kasich underwater is the least surprising thing about this poll
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2017, 12:42:04 PM »

In related news, a daily stormer poll has shown JBE down 45 points against David Duke.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2017, 12:47:10 PM »

Yep, Brown is toast, and Senator Mandel is inevitable. Just ask Senator Strickland.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2017, 12:52:34 PM »

Looking at his face is almost as bad as bleach in my eyes, and worse than eating dryer lint.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2017, 01:51:18 PM »

Can't believe y'all fell for it!

Nevertheless, I'm bullish on 2018 not even being that bad of a year for Senate Dems yet Brown being one of the ones to go down. Feel free to laugh at me now, just like they laughed at me back in August when I said OH (rather obviously) needed to be triaged.

Not that my opinion counts for anything, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Brown lost while Donnelly won right next door in Indiana.

Brown's increasing national profile in a state trending right seem like a liability in this environment. I'm also bearish on Baldwin's chances with a halfway decent nominee challenging her.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2017, 02:17:41 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2017, 02:22:57 PM by MT Treasurer »

Yeah like I said, I wouldn't simply dismiss this poll - these guys and Emerson were actually the most accurate OH pollsters in 2016, LOL. But yeah, their national tracker was junk. It's still early anyway.

Nevertheless, I'm bullish on 2018 not even being that bad of a year for Senate Dems yet Brown being one of the ones to go down. Feel free to laugh at me now, just like they laughed at me back in August when I said OH (rather obviously) needed to be triaged.

Not that my opinion counts for anything, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Brown lost while Donnelly won right next door in Indiana.

Brown's increasing national profile in a state trending right seem like a liability in this environment. I'm also bearish on Baldwin's chances with a halfway decent nominee challenging her.

I don't think Donnelly will do better than Brown, but I believe Tester and Heitkamp (and Manchin, assuming he faces Morrisey) are in a better position to win reelection than Brown and maybe even Baldwin and Nelson.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2017, 02:40:07 PM »

Not a very good poll, but I'm going to repeat what I've said already many times: Josh Mandel is a very, very strong candidate for Ohio, and there's every chance he does better than more obvious Democratic targets.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2017, 03:36:49 PM »

I don't think Donnelly will do better than Brown, but I believe Tester and Heitkamp (and Manchin, assuming he faces Morrisey) are in a better position to win reelection than Brown and maybe even Baldwin and Nelson.

I'm sure that I'm allowing my personal affinity for Donnelly to cloud my objectivity, but Donnelly has a few things going for him that some of the other Midwestern targets (Brown, Baldwin, McCaskill) don't: 1) Donnelly is easily the most moderate of the bunch and is overall a better fit for his state; 2) he has the lowest national name recognition and profile, which I would consider helpful in countering the inevitable ads tying him to the DNC, Schumer, and/or HRC; 3) he's taken a lead and touted his (bipartisan) achievement in a number of Indiana-specific legislative initiatives, not the least of which includes combating opiod abuse; and 4) he's a genuinely skilled retail politician (Sherrod is too, of course, but Donnelly doesn't get enough recognition for his skills).

Like I said, I like Donnelly personally and politically, so it's difficult for me to be objective, so please take the above with healthy skepticism.

And to the topic at hand, it's dangerous to dismiss a poll simply because the result isn't what one wants to see. Brown could very well be in trouble.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2017, 04:12:17 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2017, 04:13:58 PM by TheSaint250 »

>red Ohio

Yes please

But yeah this is a trash poll for a few reasons. But I still think Brown could lose this. The race is prob lean D
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2017, 06:42:14 PM »

People thought I was crazy to say Josh Mandel would win, but Sherrod Brown is going down. DeWine was defeated and I am sure Brown will lose as well. This senate seat has a third term curse and the polling proves it.

Don't worry, we still think you're crazy.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2017, 08:21:31 PM »

Fake polls!
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2017, 08:31:06 PM »

I can't take a poll seriously that has Trump with a 15 point better approval than Kasich.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2017, 08:46:25 PM »

I can't take a poll seriously that has Trump with a 15 point better approval than Kasich.

That's the most accurate thing about this poll, without a doubt.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2017, 10:35:40 PM »

We have literally nothing else to compare it to, there have been scant polls of Ohio since the election. This one rare poll has OH voters approving of Obamacare 48-37 and overwhelmingly opposing Medicaid cuts, doesn't jive with Trump being +13 in the state.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/20170627/poll-of-ohioans-dont-scale-back-medicaid-coverage
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2017, 08:51:30 AM »

I agree that Senate Democrats will not be in as bad of a shape as they should be on paper in 2018 and I also agree that Brown will have an extremely difficult race and to the point that I even think McCaskill is in better shape than he is.

It seems the only thing that could work in favor of Sherrod Brown is that rematches often falter for sure but there are obviously going to be exceptions to every "rule".

I still think people are over reacting to every single poll that is coming out right now in summer 2017. But oh well.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2017, 09:05:21 AM »

I agree that Senate Democrats will not be in as bad of a shape as they should be on paper in 2018 and I also agree that Brown will have an extremely difficult race and to the point that I even think McCaskill is in better shape than he is.

It seems the only thing that could work in favor of Sherrod Brown is that rematches often falter for sure but there are obviously going to be exceptions to every "rule".

I still think people are over reacting to every single poll that is coming out right now in summer 2017. But oh well.

McCaskill, Tester, Heitkamp, Manchin, and Donnelly are all far more vulnerable than Brown at this point.
Rjjr77
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2017, 10:20:23 AM »

yeah this alone makes me give some credence to this poll
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2017, 06:51:22 PM »

yeah this alone makes me give some credence to this poll

Insert not sure if serious GIF here Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies