Jesse Waters of Fox openly calls for North Korea's Kim Jong un's assassination (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:22:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jesse Waters of Fox openly calls for North Korea's Kim Jong un's assassination (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jesse Waters of Fox openly calls for North Korea's Kim Jong un's assassination  (Read 1630 times)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 09, 2017, 09:44:38 PM »

Honestly, the kidnapping and murder of Otto Warmbier is causus belli enough. Whether it would be a good idea is up in the air, but justified? Absolutely.

I thought he was arrested while he was in North Korea for committing minor vandalism?

North Korea's story has been exposed as a lie. They claimed he was a member of a Church group conspiring to convert people, and his supposedly stealing the banner was part of that "mission". That story is unlikely for patently obvious reasons.

Their "evidence" is a filmed video of him supposedly taking down the banner, which was likely staged once they had decided to kidnap him and hold him for ransom. Why they decided to murder him, we'll never know.

Whether he did in fact commit some relatively trivial act of vandalism/theft or not is of little import when considering he was murdered for it.

Even presuming they kidnapped him, calling his death as the result of disease or poor treatment while in custody 'murder' positively reeks of internalized pro-war Orwellian propaganda. ( And what ransom demands were made? I never heard a whisper of this before this thread.)  It implies his condition was deliberately inflicted as the result of malice.  I don't seem to recall blue posters here being nearly so eager to label people dying directly or indirectly at the hands of law enforcement 'murder' when the law enforcement in question is located in the US.

Also, WTF does this have to do with Faux News publicly calling for the assassination of foreign heads of state?

I can't believe there are people on this forum who actually defend North Korea. Gross.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 10:25:06 PM »

Honestly, the kidnapping and murder of Otto Warmbier is causus belli enough. Whether it would be a good idea is up in the air, but justified? Absolutely.

I thought he was arrested while he was in North Korea for committing minor vandalism?

North Korea's story has been exposed as a lie. They claimed he was a member of a Church group conspiring to convert people, and his supposedly stealing the banner was part of that "mission". That story is unlikely for patently obvious reasons.

Their "evidence" is a filmed video of him supposedly taking down the banner, which was likely staged once they had decided to kidnap him and hold him for ransom. Why they decided to murder him, we'll never know.

Whether he did in fact commit some relatively trivial act of vandalism/theft or not is of little import when considering he was murdered for it.

Even presuming they kidnapped him, calling his death as the result of disease or poor treatment while in custody 'murder' positively reeks of internalized pro-war Orwellian propaganda. ( And what ransom demands were made? I never heard a whisper of this before this thread.)  It implies his condition was deliberately inflicted as the result of malice.  I don't seem to recall blue posters here being nearly so eager to label people dying directly or indirectly at the hands of law enforcement 'murder' when the law enforcement in question is located in the US.

Also, WTF does this have to do with Faux News publicly calling for the assassination of foreign heads of state?

I can't believe there are people on this forum who actually defend North Korea. Gross.

I understand that concepts like truth and reality are an alien idea over in Trumpland, but some of us think wars are generally a bad idea and are reluctant to jump on board the Five Minute Hate just because it targets whatever nation Orange Leader and his string-pullers have decided we need to be at war with today.

If you're so keen on setting straight hereditary dictatorships with aggressive rhetoric where objectively innocent people die in prison, maybe you should start with the one you're responsible for?

There's only 1 person who ran in 2016 that I know of that tried to inherit the presidency from someone else.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 10:34:40 PM »

How could I forget Jeb!? There was 2. But Jeb! for the lulz
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 11:10:58 PM »

I understand that concepts like truth and reality are an alien idea over in Trumpland, but some of us think wars are generally a bad idea and are reluctant to jump on board the Five Minute Hate just because it targets whatever nation Orange Leader and his string-pullers have decided we need to be at war with today.

If you're so keen on setting straight hereditary dictatorships with aggressive rhetoric where objectively innocent people die in prison, maybe you should start with the one you're responsible for?

There's only 1 person who ran in 2016 that I know of that tried to inherit the presidency from someone else.

You instantly assumed I'm talking about Trump and the US, not US-supported (particularly by Republicans) Saudi Arabia with it's awful record and bellicose record or any of similar nation. That tells me that you know damned well the problems we face here at home (and in particular with Trump) are real, and willfully choose to ignore them.

Likewise, many posters here are ignoring the elephant in the ballroom. A major US "news" network - one that functions as a de facto propaganda arm of the right-wing - publicly called for the assassination of a foreign head of state. A move that is stupid, and a violation of international norms, if not international and domestic law. Again, if North Korean media had done something similar and specifically called for the death of President Trump, his supporters would be in dire need of sedatives.

Meanwhile, the North Koreans have yet to respond to Fox News' idiocy. (Probably the best and most appropriate response.) Instead, they're complaining about US saber rattling:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/north-korea-calls-us-practice-bombing-run-provocation-48529103
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Besides all the other nonsense in this post, why should North Korea be allowed to test ICBM's and other nuclear devices and US and South Korean allies not be allowed to conduct their war games??
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies