Arnold had sex with 16 year old
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:52:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arnold had sex with 16 year old
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Arnold had sex with 16 year old  (Read 19600 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2005, 01:50:40 PM »

The people arguing that this is old news that happened a long time ago seem to have missed the illegal hush money paid to her to keep quiet.

He can't ever amend for his wrongdoings?

Did you read what I said?
Cashcow

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »

Yeah. I would pay her too.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2005, 02:38:52 PM »

As long as this causes a civil war with the Christian Coalition and Arnold, its great.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2005, 03:13:41 PM »

As Cashcow said, he's better than Davis.

My (late, lamented) cat would be a better Governer of California than Davis Grin
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2005, 03:17:19 PM »

The people arguing that this is old news that happened a long time ago seem to have missed the illegal hush money paid to her to keep quiet.

How is it illegal?  How many women did Clinton pay off to keep quiet, and prevent more bimbo eruptions?

I would take this a lot more seriously coming from you if I didn't know that you'd be defending this exact same behavior vociferously if we were talking about a liberal Democrat.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2005, 03:49:39 PM »

The hush money is quite likely illegal. Let's face it, this guy is completely curropt, even if you would do the same thing.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2005, 03:53:13 PM »

How is it illegal?  How many women did Clinton pay off to keep quiet, and prevent more bimbo eruptions?

I would take this a lot more seriously coming from you if I didn't know that you'd be defending this exact same behavior vociferously if we were talking about a liberal Democrat.

Unlike your hypotheticals with Clinton, we have real evidence here. When have I defended a curropt liberal Democrat? The curropt Democrats all seem to be moderates, like Traficant and Torricelli.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2005, 03:56:17 PM »

Unlike your hypotheticals with Clinton, we have real evidence here. When have I defended a curropt liberal Democrat? The curropt Democrats all seem to be moderates, like Traficant and Torricelli.

Traficant is a nut, and Torricelli is a vile liberal.  And I believe the blue semen-stained dress goes well beyond hypothetical.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2005, 04:04:42 PM »

Traficant is a nut, and Torricelli is a vile liberal.  And I believe the blue semen-stained dress goes well beyond hypothetical.

He's a pro-war hack with support from right-wingers.

http://wsws.org/articles/2002/oct2002/torr-o03.shtml
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2005, 04:09:02 PM »

He's a pro-war hack with support from right-wingers.

http://wsws.org/articles/2002/oct2002/torr-o03.shtml

Well, I guess that explains why he was corrupt.  After all, a liberal Democrat could never be corrupt.  Anything said about them is pure innuendo.  Ted Kennedy is as pure as the driven snow, and Chappaquiddick was made up by a vast right wing conspiracy.  Right?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2005, 04:09:51 PM »

Well, I guess that explains why he was corrupt.  After all, a liberal Democrat could never be corrupt.  Anything said about them is pure innuendo.  Ted Kennedy is as pure as the driven snow, and Chappaquiddick was made up by a vast right wing conspiracy.  Right?

So Ted Kennedy is a bad date. Got any more examples, or that it?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2005, 04:12:50 PM »

Something Kennedy did 30 years ago is relevant but something Der Governater did 30 years ago isn't?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2005, 04:27:16 PM »

Something Kennedy did 30 years ago is relevant but something Der Governater did 30 years ago isn't?

Well, there's a slight difference.  Kennedy left a girl dead.  As far as I can tell, Arnold's paramour is still alive.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2005, 04:44:42 PM »

Well, there's a slight difference.  Kennedy left a girl dead.  As far as I can tell, Arnold's paramour is still alive.

Both are crimes with expired statue of limitations, though.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2005, 04:55:35 PM »

The only article I found mention their age was  that he "met" Gigi Goyette when she was 16.  That's a lot different than they "had sex" when she was 16.

It also notes a 7 year relationship, much later.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2005, 05:03:30 PM »

The only article I found mention their age was  that he "met" Gigi Goyette when she was 16.  That's a lot different than they "had sex" when she was 16.

Don't expect Jfern to get too concerned with minor details like that.  If he's going to go after Arnold, he ought to find something more compelling than possible 30-year-old sex.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2005, 05:12:02 PM »

Don't expect Jfern to get too concerned with minor details like that. If he's going to go after Arnold, he ought to find something more compelling than possible 30-year-old sex.

Dazzleman,

Keep egging Jfern on.  I want to see his head explode like one of those femme-bots on Austin Powers.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2005, 05:15:27 PM »

Dazzleman,

Keep egging Jfern on.  I want to see his head explode like one of those femme-bots on Austin Powers.

Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2005, 05:19:31 PM »

Don't expect Jfern to get too concerned with minor details like that.  If he's going to go after Arnold, he ought to find something more compelling than possible 30-year-old sex.

That why I checked the story.  It so far involves math, reading comprehension, and a calendar.  These are not exactly Jfern's stong points.

There is another factor, geography.  I'm not clear that this happened in CA.  Goyette lived in Ohio at some points, according to one of the articles, which now, at least, has a lower age of consent.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2005, 05:25:38 PM »

you can tag a hottie  at 16 in MS, so long as momma and daddy don't mind
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2005, 06:10:08 PM »

The hush money is quite likely illegal. Let's face it, this guy is completely curropt, even if you would do the same thing.

Well, Arnold wasn't the one that paid it.  If you have problem with it call up the Enquirer.  Oh, I forgot that whole freedom of the press thingy in the Constititution. 

I guess constitutional rights are only important to Jfern when it's convenient.  Isn't that special.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2005, 06:37:24 PM »

I wonder what the Christian Coalition will say.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2005, 06:39:18 PM »

Both are crimes with expired statue of limitations, though.

Incorrect.  If they want to term Mary Jo's death murder, there is no statute of limitations.  Not likely to happen, but still possible.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2005, 08:02:47 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2005, 08:06:53 PM by Senator Gabu, PPT »

If this had come out about Bill Clinton, Democrats would be vociferously arguing that it made no difference.

But now we're supposed to take seriously a 30-year-old relationship simply because Schwarzenegger is a Republican.

If this were recent, it would be a big issue, but since it took place in 1975, who cares?  Standards were different back then in any case, and it was a long, long time ago.

And it's ridiculous to think that the Democrats are going to howl in outrage over this when we all know full they that they would defend it if it involved one of their patron saints.

I would argue that it would make no difference with Bill Clinton, and I argue that it makes no difference with Arnold Schwartzenegger, too.  I honestly don't care if a politician has sex with an underage girl thirty years ago, regardless of what party the politician is in.  It has no bearing whatsoever on how well the politician is able to do his job, and the fact that anyone would care about this makes me lose a bit of faith in the human race.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2005, 08:12:09 PM »

If this had come out about Bill Clinton, Democrats would be vociferously arguing that it made no difference.

But now we're supposed to take seriously a 30-year-old relationship simply because Schwarzenegger is a Republican.

If this were recent, it would be a big issue, but since it took place in 1975, who cares?  Standards were different back then in any case, and it was a long, long time ago.

And it's ridiculous to think that the Democrats are going to howl in outrage over this when we all know full they that they would defend it if it involved one of their patron saints.

I would argue that it would make no difference with Bill Clinton, and I argue that it makes no difference with Arnold Schwartzenegger, too.  I honestly don't care if a politician has sex with an underage girl thirty years ago, regardless of what party the politician is in.  It has no bearing whatsoever on how well the politician is able to do his job, and the fact that anyone would care about this makes me lose a bit of faith in the human race.

I don't really agree with you here.  I would care if it were recent.  If Schwarzenegger were having sex with a 16-year-old girl now, I would be disgusted with it.  I think a politician's personal life has some bearing on his/her fitness for office, and I think that character counts.  But we don't have to go into every detail.  Still, sex with a minor is egregious.

But if it happened 30 years ago, I don't care.  I wouldn't want to be judged by things I did more than half my lifetime ago.  Clearly, people digging this up are just looking to make trouble for Schwarzenegger for other reasons, and want to use this.  They were outraged when a recent affair was used against Clinton, but think it's perfectly OK to bring up a 30 year old trist with Schwarzenegger.  Typical.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies