New MI Governor poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:40:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New MI Governor poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New MI Governor poll  (Read 1918 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« on: August 13, 2005, 11:35:44 AM »

I hope Miller gets the nomination.  She's definitely the best candidate of those, and I might even stray party lines to vote for her if she's chosen.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 12:59:10 AM »

-name recognition, she was Secretary of State and her name is known throughout MI, at least for anyone who's ever got a drivers licsense.  Granholm as AG didn't have this kind of recognition
-an ideologically sound Republican, not a Falwell God hates Gays conservative, but not a liberal McCain type
-has the gun owners vote
-an executive branch in state government and a congressional seat in national government helps with expirience
-50 years old (plus or minus a year since I don't know if she's had a birthday since I last checked), ideal age for anyone running for political office
-a family person
-Macomb county (she lives and represents)(and I live) is a swing county, but it'll definitely vote for her.
-no major closet skeletons
-no great failures to her name
-a woman, so people won't complain about Granholm being voted out by close-minded bigots (as stupid as it sounds, some think this way)

enough for yeh?
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 11:03:14 AM »

Is Granholm in trouble because of the economic troubles in Michigan or has she done something specifically that upset voters?

She raised the cigarette tax tremendously, so there's a large amount of smokers who are pissed.  She also cut education funding for college students (not that this would deter me alone in that I realize we have a budget to balance), but it still annoys parents and some college students nonetheless.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 09:52:49 PM »

Is Granholm in trouble because of the economic troubles in Michigan or has she done something specifically that upset voters?

She raised the cigarette tax tremendously, so there's a large amount of smokers who are pissed.  She also cut education funding for college students (not that this would deter me alone in that I realize we have a budget to balance), but it still annoys parents and some college students nonetheless.

So apparently there are economic woes and some questionable tax hikes. But this doesn't sound like enough to be voted out because of.

Economic woes and a tax hike lost George HW Bush the presidency, I don't see why that alone won't loose Granholm the governorship.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies