Favorite recent post by the previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 03:53:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favorite recent post by the previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 74
Author Topic: Favorite recent post by the previous poster  (Read 79531 times)
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: January 18, 2020, 03:54:00 AM »

im banning right-to-work from being enacted in any state under our jurisdiction cuz i said so
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1451 on: January 18, 2020, 11:05:06 AM »

In this thread: blue avatars being smarmy s**ts about the end of the world to own the libs.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1452 on: January 18, 2020, 11:12:11 AM »

Again more proof how much of bad faith actors republicans have become is the fact we are know entering the “no cares about this” stage. Not once throughout this scandal has Atlas Blue (with a few exceptions) or republicans in general actually engage on the substance of this case. It has been one bad faith argument after another. From trying to out the whistleblower, to trying to make this about Hunter, to making ridiculous arguments like “no one actually heard Trump say quid pro quo”, pushing long debunked arguments like Joe Biden fired the prosecutor to protect his son, and trying to act like this straight forward case is some complex mess (ie Jim Jordan) shows that the republicans have by an large become hostile actors in our political process who care about nothing but power. Or in terms they love to use conservatives hate America 
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1453 on: January 18, 2020, 12:14:27 PM »

Much credit for asking a prohibitively rare question.

Can I get more clarification on the societal makeup of each society? Do the cannibals have ritualistic cannibalism of the alive and/or dead like some Indigenous societies without easy protein access? Is the Stalinist society reminiscent of the USSR under Stalin or a 1984-esque Society? Am I wasting my time on a thread by a persistent funny man?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1454 on: January 18, 2020, 12:24:34 PM »

Jesus Christ, the least Trump could do is dictate that the personnel staffing this dumbass project had appropriately space-age uniforms.

Source: me, the sci-fi writer

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1455 on: January 18, 2020, 12:27:29 PM »

LIKE:
Not necessarily unhealthy, but anything SUPER spicy (inner Indian yo)

DISLIKE:
Cheesecake.  It makes me gag. 
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1456 on: January 18, 2020, 05:23:48 PM »

The fact that faithless electors are a possibility in the first place is incredibly dumb.  The fact that we had special snowflake electors casting votes in 2016 for Colin Powell, John Kasich, Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders, and Faith Spotted Eagle should be evidence that this is totally broken.

Can you imagine having to explain to some foreigner why our democracy is great when Colin Powell received 3 EVs for president and Elizabeth Warren got 2 EVs for VP?

That's your problem, and not the fact that we have a geographically gamed and weighted system for electing the President in the first place?
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #1457 on: January 18, 2020, 05:32:09 PM »

Does anyone need anymore proof that Trump is cartoonishly evil, and thrives off of hurting people?  While Trump is far from the only one in the GOP who is trying to gut the safety net for those who need it most, defeating the orange sh*thead would be a victory for basic decency.  Anyone with half a heart should should vote to defeat this monster.
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1458 on: January 19, 2020, 12:48:34 AM »

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1459 on: January 19, 2020, 05:57:44 AM »

I feel like free trade is the big one between myself and the larger Democratic Party. Sure, I think international trade and good relations are absolutely sound ideas - fantastic, when done correctly - but the trade agreements we've signed into law in the time since the Eighties have been terribly-written dumpster fires which have routinely f**ked the middle class into the dirt.

As far as my specific section of the party goes: foreign policy. Yeah, I lean more on the side of dovishness and find Trump's recent actions in the Middle East unforgivably stupid, but I am completely in opposition to this rising notion that we should have no military presence at all and make no effort to defend ourselves or our allies. I mean, there's a fine line between peacemongering and being delusional and societally-suicidal.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1460 on: January 19, 2020, 07:18:22 AM »

HockeyDude has been muted from the 2020 board and child boards for five days for excessive attacks and for repeated trolling.

But if we're talking something other than modding:

Why do so many people care that Sanders says this? What do you expect him to say?

Legislation will be passed if there is a Democratic trifecta. It will not be passed if there isn't. It's as simple as that.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1461 on: January 19, 2020, 01:21:11 PM »

If I was an American, I'd vote for any candidate over Trump, barring scandals like the ones you mentioned. As an Israeli, I'll root for any candidate who ran for the nomination in 2020 except Mike Gravel. Trump represents all that is evil and immoral in western society.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1462 on: January 19, 2020, 01:45:04 PM »

The fact Trump’s possible guilt doesn’t factor into your sphere is why I constantly say you guys engage in bad faith. It’s near impossible to take all the American flag, freedom, land of the free jingoistic rhetoric your party spews as anything less than bull when you’ve demonstrated throughout this scandal (and administration in general) that you don’t actually care about a president abusing his powers when he has an (R) next to his name
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1463 on: January 19, 2020, 01:53:56 PM »

Every Democrat, from European social dem...I mean 'raving communist' Sanders to bourgeois Bloomberg will be better for America and for it's institutions than Donald Trump.

Except Tulsi. Might as well re-elect Trump.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1464 on: January 19, 2020, 02:13:38 PM »

Today at 09:38:11 am
in Re: To prevent Charlotte...
by Cаквояжник

That's probably for the best--at least if my city is prevented, it means no President Dan Bishop.
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1465 on: January 19, 2020, 02:14:02 PM »

The proposed laws, if enacted, “would bring devastating harms to the transgender community,” said Chase Strangio, a transgender-rights lawyer with the American Civil Liberties Union.

He warned that the medical bans [...] could trigger suicides among young people yearning to undergo gender transition.

Awful bold of Strangio to assume "devastating harms" and suicides among trans youth aren't exactly what these bills are designed for.
538Electoral

« Reply #1466 on: January 19, 2020, 10:50:17 PM »

I feel like free trade is the big one between myself and the larger Democratic Party. Sure, I think international trade and good relations are absolutely sound ideas - fantastic, when done correctly - but the trade agreements we've signed into law in the time since the Eighties have been terribly-written dumpster fires which have routinely f**ked the middle class into the dirt.

As far as my specific section of the party goes: foreign policy. Yeah, I lean more on the side of dovishness and find Trump's recent actions in the Middle East unforgivably stupid, but I am completely in opposition to this rising notion that we should have no military presence at all and make no effort to defend ourselves or our allies. I mean, there's a fine line between peacemongering and being delusional and societally-suicidal.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1467 on: January 19, 2020, 11:10:54 PM »

Lean R. Not the first time I point out midterm results historically aren't the best indicator of how a presidential race turns out.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #1468 on: February 19, 2020, 08:20:42 AM »

In my defense I forgot Alaska existed for a second
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1469 on: February 20, 2020, 12:47:40 AM »

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1470 on: February 20, 2020, 02:03:29 AM »

As a NYC I’ll admit Bloomberg was okay and I kinda liked him but this is hard to watch
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1471 on: February 20, 2020, 02:06:53 AM »

Truman , given he was one of the best presidents ever
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1472 on: February 20, 2020, 11:00:17 AM »

Bloomberg performed somewhere between Rubio and Jeb!. Absolute disgrace.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1473 on: February 20, 2020, 11:09:43 AM »

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix