Favorite recent post by the previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 08:52:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favorite recent post by the previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 74
Author Topic: Favorite recent post by the previous poster  (Read 79503 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: November 15, 2017, 03:51:04 PM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #401 on: November 15, 2017, 09:12:43 PM »

Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #402 on: November 15, 2017, 09:20:46 PM »

America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #403 on: November 15, 2017, 09:52:58 PM »

Icespear is annoying but if Moore still wins after all of this then is he really wrong?

Whether Moore wins or loses, IceSpear is always going to be an obnoxious twat. Put money on it.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #404 on: November 16, 2017, 10:34:46 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=276972.msg5905379#msg5905379
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #405 on: November 16, 2017, 01:34:00 PM »

Give him credit for saying sorry so quickly. This is a sign of personal growth... Most people accused of stuff like this outright deny what happened, or they claim it was consensual, or they turn to obfuscation or victim blaming etc. Franken took a different course. We should value this fact. Old habits can die hard, and he is working on it. He's taking notes.
Franken was also once very deeply immersed in the entertainment industry, which has a problem with sexual misconduct. There is very little surprise in this, once you think about it, given his personal record. What we should give Franken is benefit of the doubt. This was him almost 12 years ago. Perhaps he hasn't really confronted his past. 2017 Franken is at heart a good person imo, so he can look at his past and make up for it, make amends, etc. His actions today seem pretty good already. No resignation is necessary.

Funny
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #406 on: November 16, 2017, 01:55:44 PM »

Freaking Franken touching women stopping me from seeing how Kasich/Rauner would do.

BOOOOOOOOOO
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2017, 03:30:41 PM »

It's deeply unfair to men of good character and/or people who are redeeming themselves that they resign just because of Roy Moore.
If you’re a sexual harasser you’re not a man of good character.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #408 on: November 16, 2017, 03:42:04 PM »

Tell me again about how American elections aren't a joke... Roll Eyes
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #409 on: November 16, 2017, 04:38:15 PM »

MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #410 on: November 16, 2017, 07:35:05 PM »

We should have a thread for failed and laughable attempts at roasting posters
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #411 on: November 16, 2017, 10:14:13 PM »

Context:

Sheremetyevo International Airport, Molzhaninovsky District, Northern Administrative Okrug, Moscow, Russia.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #412 on: November 17, 2017, 05:11:39 AM »

I’d rather lose than win this way.  Some of my best friends are evangelicals and as far as I’m concerned, if you declare scorched earth warfare on the entire evangelical community like this then you’re declaring war on me too.  Frankly, you should feel sick typing this out; it’s not unlike the race-baiting strategy Republicans have embraced against African-Americans.  If the last year has taught us nothing else, it should be that when you sell your soul to the devil for short-term political advantage, he always comes to collect.  Look at the current ideological and moral wasteland that is the Republican Party.  It is currently in an internal fight about whether or not to condemn a pedophile who tried to rape a kid and has gone almost a year without any legislative accomplishments despite controlling every branch of the government.  You want to know what embracing the divisive politics of prejudice and hatred get you?  They get you Donald Trump.  Is that really what we, as Democrats, want the future of our party to be?  And as a Jew, I know enough history to know that this sort of thing never stops with just one group either.  The day the Democratic Party declares war on an entire community of Americans is the day I leave the party.  For the sake of the country, we have to be better than this.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #413 on: November 28, 2017, 09:31:09 PM »

Bringing this back.

Wish you well, 13-term Congressman. You deserve a warm reception back home.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #414 on: November 28, 2017, 09:41:23 PM »

McGrath is the sort of young political novice that the Democrats desperately need to start taking seriously. She has a winning background and about twenty years of youth over Thomas in a time when the national Democratic bench has an absolutely dire age issue.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #415 on: November 28, 2017, 11:24:14 PM »

Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #416 on: November 28, 2017, 11:30:36 PM »

I agree that nobody already here should be deported unless they are a felon, and I support eventual citizenship after proof of residency for at least 10 years and stable work if you are under retirement age.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #417 on: November 28, 2017, 11:43:22 PM »

McGrath is the sort of young political novice that the Democrats desperately need to start taking seriously. She has a winning background and about twenty years of youth over Thomas in a time when the national Democratic bench has an absolutely dire age issue.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #418 on: November 28, 2017, 11:44:56 PM »

Star of the Southwest
Act I: Prefatory Matters

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

On April 14, 2011 - three months nearly to the day after Jared Lee Loughner came calling in Tucson - Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords returned to the House of Representatives to the sound of thunderous applause on both sides of the aisle, just in time for a major vote on a bipartisan budget. Worn down and looking haunted, with a sling around an arm she would never fully use again, Giffords nonetheless took the podium and delivered what many would come to consider the best speech of her life.

Well-known and liked in the 8th District for her sincerity and easy kindness, Gabby Giffords was considered a something of a local rising star in Arizona almost from the moment she took office. In the  wake of the Tucson shooting, that reputation rocketed into the national scale almost overnight. Unwittingly, in making her candid, heartache-stricken return to Congress, Giffords had solidified her place as a national figure and firmly set in place a future for herself in higher office.

Though building her political resume would still take time, Gabrielle Giffords had already, in very appreciable ways, become the Star of the Southwest.

A/N: Happy Thanksgiving. Hope your days were filled with much food and few bigoted uncles.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #419 on: November 28, 2017, 11:50:15 PM »

Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #420 on: November 28, 2017, 11:51:52 PM »

These are cool!
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #421 on: November 28, 2017, 11:55:35 PM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #422 on: November 29, 2017, 06:26:59 AM »

TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #423 on: December 04, 2017, 11:48:14 AM »

I describe myself as a moderate because I still feel as though I lean to one side (the right-wing), even though I disagree with that side on many issues. My main forms of agreement are economic (pro-lowering taxes, pro-reducing government spending, etc.), while the areas where I feel different are social (pro-choice, pro-LGBT, pro-amnesty, etc.) and environmental (pro-action to fight climate change). There is some overlap, such as my support for some form of increased infrastructure spending and support for school choice.

What I don't feel as "moderate" on, however, are trade-related issues. I believe in instituting more fair trade as opposed to almost unlimited or purely unlimited free trade. In addition, I am against the EU.

I would not consider myself a centrist because I view a centrist as being much more committed to free trade and probably less fiscally conservative.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #424 on: December 04, 2017, 12:16:08 PM »

Voted progressive.  I'm economically center-left and socially between left and far-left.  

Socially, I tend to believe that people should be left alone to pursue happiness except when they infringe on the rights of others.  Some social issues shouldn't be issues, and I can't understand the other side at all.  I can respect anti-abortion views--even though I'm pro-choice--at least the other side can legitimately claim abortion causes harm.  On gay rights however, people who favor laws discouraging homosexuality either have an irrational dislike of gays and lesbians or they blindly apply religious dogma to civil law, regardless of the empirical evidence that homophobic laws are harmful.  On drugs, I strongly favor marijuana legalization, and vehemently oppose harsh sentencing for drug possession.  I'm pretty cynical of people who want to punish people who harm--at most--themselves with drugs, and I believe the for-profit-prison lobby continues to promote harsh drug laws and other "tough on crime" policies.  Many social issues are pretty much civil rights issues.  

On economic issues, I'm still at least left-of-center.  Admittedly, I'm less knowledgable about economics than I am about many other issues, but I as learn more about economic policy, I certainly don't become more conservative.  The extant to which most Republicans seem to promote the undermining of our social safety net is disgusting.  I'd like to think that most--regardless of party--understand that those is need should be helped, but there is no excuse for a country as wealthy as the US to allow any citizen willing to work hard to live in poverty, or to allow someone to die from a treatable illness due to lack of insurance.  The tax cut currently being debated in the Senate is terrible, since it guts the already underfunded safety net.  I'm in favor of a more mixed economy.  While it's true that the free market plays a necessary role in motivating people to be productive, there's no reason why there shouldn't be a safety net for the truly unlucky.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies