Favorite recent post by the previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 09:09:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favorite recent post by the previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 74
Author Topic: Favorite recent post by the previous poster  (Read 79962 times)
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: September 13, 2017, 05:03:51 PM »

All together probably could be summed up as "Civilly Libertarian with support of a Populist Economic Progressive Nation State". Though in more complex terms Civilly i dislike government intervention in this aspect of policy and support the standard spiel of liberal libertarian aspects here like Gay Marriage, Medical Marijuana and other none lethal drugs ext.. However i may differ on the issue of religious liberty, Immigration, and Guns among others were i support full constitutional rights and for immigration a tight border (due to fact that a open borders welfare state is much more susceptible to collapse economically then others).

On Economic Policy i'm a standard progressive supporting Multi Payer Healthcare (I like more choice then just single payer), a strengthening and renewing of the welfare state from the 1930s-70s era and expand that more. Ya know SS and all that sh**t. I support major tax increases on those making over a set margin 1 million dollars annual (As in anywhere from 1-20 million and above that noticeable increases). No Bailouts and No Handouts (Corporate Welfare) either from the Government and support a separation of these two entity's. Also hold these people accountable to any financial crimes they have committed and not get them away with there crimes. And them the rest is the standard 'breaking up the large financial banking/other corporate entity and talking about how too big to fail is bogus' sort of stuff.

On foreign policy i would be a standard Paleoconservative/liberal libertarian/progressive in the fact that i want non interventionism when ever possible. Not a Isolationist and believe we should continue our alliances with other important country's but i don't support unnecessary wars like Iraq or Afghanistan where there is direct intervention. Cases were there are genocides or our alliances are being broken then there should be a closer eye on whether we should intervene but solider use should be the last option. Things like Rwanda or Kosovo are these cases. We should strive as much as possible to stay out of the business of country's altogether but that could not be the case but that is rare. I'm also skeptical of the UN and the US should try to obtain as much sovereignty as possible but don't support leaving it as it has done at very good job since 1945 of keeping somewhat of stability world wide.
NEW JERSEY FOR MENENDEZ
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #176 on: September 13, 2017, 05:34:34 PM »

So my Mom drove me to preschool that day and we were listening to some sing-along casette (I was 4 at the time), and when we pulled up to the school, another man walked out of the car (because he saw us singing along and seemingly oblivious to what had happened) and told my Mom the news that the planes had hit the towers.  I remember being pretty scared that day.
Interesting to hear what you remember then
PoliticalShelter
« Reply #177 on: September 13, 2017, 05:38:09 PM »

You're an idiot if you don't fold your pizza in half. If you eat your pizza with a knife and fork like de Blasio, don't ever talk to me.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #178 on: September 13, 2017, 11:49:01 PM »

If the Republicans have a decreased majority (around 220-225 seats), how does the change the House?  Will it make it more bipartisan because of the need to get votes from both parties to pass anything?

Does anyone think its likely for a near split (218-217) to occur?  Has that ever happened before?
I thinks in that scenario you would probably see the freedom caucus force out of Ryan as speaker for his perceived failures. In that case one big possibility is that I can see whatever remaining moderate republicans in the house making a deal with the democrats to govern in a coalition.

I believe this is how the Texas house of representatives is run and it would not surprise me if this is what we will end up with this at some point in the future.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2017, 09:23:12 AM »

Hey, Southern Speaker TimTurner, you have 666 messages, 0 are new.

Oh God.
RIP
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2017, 10:03:31 AM »

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2017, 10:58:11 AM »

Neoconservative Republican

On foreign policy, I'm a major hawk who supports the use of peace through strength and aggressive diplomatic strategies. However, I am a pure neoconservative in the sense that I am not usually in favor of nation building (which, imo, is a myth about most neocons that is false). I think democracy should only be promoted in places where a peaceful transition is likely to be successful (i.e. Tunisia).

I am much more of a typical neocon on combating radical islam and terrorism and in supporting our allies. I strongly support Israel, Taiwan, Kurdistan, Azerbaijan and think the U.S. should continue to build on those relationships.

I also hold the view that the U.S. needs to invest more in Latin America. It's in our backyard and we can't afford to have permanent anti-America sentiment there.

On economics, I am a fiscal conservative, with a libertarian streak on certain issues. Taxes, minimum wage and education are issues I really care about in the economic realm. I also oppose most environmental regulations and side w/ business interests.

I am a social moderate/slightly right leaning on social issues. I'm pro-life, pro-lgbt, meh on marijuana,  pro-2nd amendment, moderate on immigration issues.

NEW JERSEY FOR MENENDEZ
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2017, 12:01:27 PM »

So, I got off work and found this on my car's windshield, am I being recruited into the alt-right?

"Good goy"
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2017, 12:27:27 PM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2017, 12:57:48 PM »

Can't quote it now but the post where you said Schulz should btfo
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2017, 01:01:17 PM »

Schulz btfo.

(Also AFD surge, it appears the fact that Schulz is becoming completely irrelevant is helping AFD, yay.)

This one I assume.

(SKIP)
NEW JERSEY FOR MENENDEZ
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2017, 08:40:00 AM »

You have no idea how angry the left is at the current Democratic establishment. This Forum is going to be blown away by next year's primary results.

Pelosi isn't gonna lose. There isn't some big progressive wave coming.

Yup.

Progressives don't want to hear it, but it is the truth.
Losing to Donald Trump started the process. If you don't support medicare for all go join another party.
Please tell us more about the imaginary wave that's gonna shake up everything in America.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2017, 08:41:33 AM »

Don't worry, I'm sure the Justice Democrats will prop up a staunch progressive in a progressive-friendly state...

Oh wait, they're too busy fighting Joe Manchin: a Democrat in a deep red state.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2017, 10:02:57 AM »

All the naysayers will be shellshocked when Cordray jumps into the race later this month. He will storm through the primaries and will occupy the Governor's mansion come January of 2019.

Is that just the opinion of an insufferable Cordray hack like myself? Absolutely it is.
#CantHoldAtBayTheCordray
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2017, 10:04:14 AM »

In 1984, I said that America was not a shining city on a hill, but a tale of two cities. We might have changed Presidents, House Speakers, and Senate Majority Leaders since 1984, but my concerns have not. America is still not a shining city, but a tale of two cities. There is still despair on the faces the president still doesn't see, in the places he still doesn't go, in his shining city. And I am still unimpressed by the action taken by the administration on this issue. If we cannot solve the issue of poverty and income inequality, the American dream, that thing which makes us all so proud to be Americans, will die. In 1980, Ronald Reagan ran for President on a promise to "Make America Great Again". In this year of 1992, I am running for President to Make America America again.
- Governor of New York Mario Cuomo announcing he will run for President, December 20th, 1991
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2017, 10:13:52 AM »

Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2017, 10:20:26 AM »

Honestly, I'd say Mikk's version with WI-SEN is better.
(skip)
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2017, 10:23:23 AM »

Politicians you endorse seem to be winning quite a lot lately.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2017, 10:24:25 AM »

I love the name Bathroom Boy, though Tongue
(skip)
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2017, 10:55:38 AM »

Albania called, they don't want Martin Shkreli back.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2017, 10:59:42 AM »

Uh, excuse me, but the last time I checked, there is something called biological reproduction.

If you kill all men, as in your platform, how do you propose to perpetuate the human species in Atlasia?

Sperm banks, love.

Also immaculate conceptions, right?
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2017, 12:26:14 PM »

NEW JERSEY FOR MENENDEZ
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2017, 05:31:41 PM »

Senator McCarthy, you have one minute to rebut Vice President Nixon's claims, should you choose to do so.

I will gladly rebut Mr. Nixon's claims. First, if Richard Nixon thinks I have not improved the life of one American, then I can introduce him to many Negro's in the south who now can now live in dignity, or many American soldiers and Vietnamese Civilians who know that peace is on the way who would disagree. Second, Richard Nixon alleges that I have not accomplished one thing, but this is not true. In fact, I can think of one major accomplishment I have under my belt, that Richard Nixon has not even come close to achieving. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Richard Nixon has never defeated a sitting President in a primary.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2017, 07:19:36 PM »

Neoliberal Clintonite shill who cost the Democrats the election

Boyknee would've won all 894 electoral votes instead of Corporate Hillary
Kamala
Madagascar