Favorite recent post by the previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:00:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favorite recent post by the previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 74
Author Topic: Favorite recent post by the previous poster  (Read 76931 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: September 06, 2021, 06:46:20 AM »

quote author=REAL Kimberly Guilfoyle link=topic=462148.msg8237684#msg8237684 date=1630908152 uid=32158]
I accidentally deleted my Al Gore TL, which is sad since I actually was on a roll writing it.

Anyway, here is another idea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 28, 2016

COMEY: NO REASON OR NEED TO RE-OPEN THE E-MAIL INVESTIGATION.

FBI Director James Comey announced in a press conference held today at FBI headquarters that despite Republican pressures he will not be re-opening the e-mail investigation into Hillary Clinton. Republican nominee Donald Trump has already taken to twitter calling Comey a "deep state fraud'.

October 30, 2016

DNC TO DIVERT MORE MONEY TO DOWNBALLOT CANDIDATES AS TRUMP CAMPAIGN FLAILS.

Chair of the Democratic National Committee Donna Brazile has announced that due to the Clinton campaign's statement effectively saying they have the race in the bag, more money will be sent to down-ballot candidates.

November 1, 2016

TRUMP ANNOUNCES LAST-MINUTE MID-WEST TOUR.

Republican nominee Donald Trump has announced a tour of Wisconsin, Ohio, and Iowa in the lead-up to the election. Many commentators have already called this a waste of money, believing the candidate's best chances for victory rely in driving rural turnout in places like North Carolina, Virginia, and Florida.

Mrs. Krassenstein
BRTD
Atlas Institution

★★★★★

Trump Campaign Crashing & Burning
« on: November 2, 2016 at 11:38:29 pm »

Wow, I might be able to drive all the way to New York without driving through a Trump precinct!

MR. CORY BOOKER
olawakandi
Atlas Institution

★★★★★

« on: November 2, 2016 at 11:38:55 pm »

🛑400 EV+ Dem Landslide INCOMING, Trump has no AA support  due to Entitlements ..

Florida Man
Chairman Sanchez
Atlas Superstar

★★★★★

« on: November 2, 2016 at 11:50:01 pm »

Don't believe the fake news, Trump will win.

[/quote]
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1651 on: September 17, 2021, 01:09:00 AM »

Banning women from attend college (sane, normal)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1652 on: September 17, 2021, 01:53:43 PM »

I don't really know him too well, so I looked at his last 50 posts, and I think I'll go with this one -
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #1653 on: September 17, 2021, 02:42:50 PM »

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1654 on: September 17, 2021, 02:50:34 PM »

Probably this -

FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1655 on: September 17, 2021, 03:08:38 PM »

Why don’t you just enjoy the place you’re in for business or leisure reasons rather than stressing over who the precinct voted for?

That's what makes BRTD BRTD. If he stoped caring about mundane things like what party his precint voted for, he would be betraying his values and who he is as a person.

That, and it would be impossible to drive from Minneapolis to Birmingham without entering a Trump precinct.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #1656 on: September 17, 2021, 04:17:50 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2021, 10:09:14 PM by "Global Perspective" »

If the Ottoman Empire gets an avatar, Israel should get one that includes it's US-recognized border in the Golan.

no

EDIT: oh god I found this today and it's just too funny!!!

[DeSantis is] also an incredibly high IQ individual, which is obvious after talking to him for around five seconds.

I've actually met the guy, and I (and everyone else I know who has met him) can confirm that he is a fairly high IQ person...

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Ron DeSantis. The intellegence is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of politics most of the positions will go over a typical Atlasian's head. There's also Ron's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The primary voters understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these positions, to realize that they're not just true- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Ron DeSantis truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Ron's existencial catchphrase "Don't Fauci My Florida," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Robert W. Welch Jr.'s genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them.  And yes by the way, I DO have a Ron DeSantis tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

[Skip]
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« Reply #1657 on: September 17, 2021, 04:22:04 PM »

Obviously, this is tragic, but by this definition all of our presidents since WW2 would be war criminals too. So please stop with this type of partisan bashing

Image Link
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1658 on: September 17, 2021, 04:51:21 PM »

Not a bad prediction.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1659 on: September 17, 2021, 05:07:15 PM »

If you have to go back almost 60 years to give meaningful criticism to a major political party, it might be time to re-examine your priorities.

I'm perfectly willing to cancel George Wallace.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1660 on: September 17, 2021, 09:12:39 PM »

Omaha and Lincoln are well-educated.  Nebraska is also more urban/suburban than many of its neighbors.  In addition, while Nebraska is definitely a Republican state, it’s not that culturally Trumpy.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1661 on: September 17, 2021, 09:13:51 PM »

If nothing else, it's a treat to witness and appreciate an extremely rare event in American political science -- a little slice of election history. 
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1662 on: September 17, 2021, 09:39:47 PM »

Edit: Made a new 8-0 D map

Here is a better 8-0 MD map, all seats are safe D with the new 2020 Prez data.

https://davesredistricting.org/join/5729535a-39ad-4eba-a1ef-a4e9099335f0

Imagine standing on the hill across the Potomac from Hancock, looking north, and being able to see four congressional districts in a space of just two miles in front of you.
Still cleaner and less messy than the current map.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=344813.msg8254943#msg8254943
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1663 on: September 18, 2021, 07:32:54 AM »

The thread title is obviously completely 100% misleading in every way shape or form.

The reality is that generally most American Presidents in the post LBJ era have given a wide range of latitude to military commanders & on many operational matters.

The big exception are generally going to be really high stakes activities such as the "raid on Bin Laden" and similar items of that nature.

One of the big critiques about LBJ was his "micro-management" of the war in Vietnam, individual selection of bombing targets, etc....

Generally, I believe we can and should hold all American Presidents accountable for the big Foreign Policy Strategic failures....

For example there is obviously a huge difference between starting an elective war in Iraq (Bush 2.0), a combination of negligence and indifference and outsourcing of the war in Afghanistan to CIA backed militias (Bush 2.0), etc... vs Biden effectively giving the US Military the ability to make operational decisions as the last US Military Forces and Civilians are being pulled out of the country.

Honestly from my perspective, when it comes to drone strikes this really goes back to virtually all of the US Foreign Policy and Military Establishment since 9/11/01.

It also fundamentally is based upon the fact that the American Public has been blind or chosen to be blind about how the "War on Terror" has been waged since 9/11/01.

The US Media has also generally been complicit for not covering the significant amount of civilian casualties in both Iraq and Afghanistan as a direct result of "force protection" measures, *as well as the significant role it played in both wars in turning the civilian population against the US Military presence*.

Atlas is also somewhat complicit, since although it is fair that many or possibly a significant majority of posters on this forum were not able to vote in 2000, 2004 etc, and effectively inherited these wars, it tends to be somewhat subservient to the heavy weight and gravitas of the media and political figures on issues of foreign policy, rather than actually taking some time and energy to delve into what are extremely complicated and detailed historical situations.

FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #1664 on: September 18, 2021, 09:36:31 AM »

I really prefer donuts.
I'm very popular with the ladies.
I wear an adult diaper that my wife changes during my atlas sessions. I'm bedridden and also have four accounts that work simultaneously to enrage and troll the server.
I regret voting for Joe Biden. I only voted for him because he said he would forgive student debt, and now I look like a fool. I wish I voted Green Party again.
BG-NY is a r*tard.
I love Feet!
I have a crush on Peter Griffin.
I love shoving hot dogs up my ass
I have a big crush on Jimmie. 😳
to what?
I'm into mpreg
I’m pretty sure 75-80% of these confessions are from BRTD
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #1665 on: September 18, 2021, 04:07:00 PM »

THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1666 on: September 18, 2021, 04:12:01 PM »

Thunder98 🇮🇱 🤝 🇵🇸
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #1667 on: September 18, 2021, 05:03:11 PM »

About as likely as Charles Booker winning in Kentucky.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #1668 on: September 18, 2021, 05:14:34 PM »

I met former Lieutenant Governor and State Senator Abel Maldonado at the Supermarket a long time ago. He was pretty friendly.

I like the idea of Abel Maldonado at the supermarket getting some triscuits or beer or something.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1669 on: September 19, 2021, 09:01:41 AM »

Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #1670 on: September 19, 2021, 09:04:47 AM »

Populist Upstater who turned on the Clintons because he thinks Hillary was a carpetbagger. He is probably a man. He also likely has an environmentalist streak causing him to vote for Gore.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1671 on: September 19, 2021, 01:40:26 PM »

Nothing on this forum baffles me more than when I make a poll on this website and I see somebody post below it with an answer, but they clearly haven't voted in the poll based on the current poll results! Why don't you all vote in polls?
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1672 on: September 19, 2021, 02:15:21 PM »

France is now on par with Russia in being a failed superpower that’s been declining ever since the 1970s. French power is rapidly declining, even in the Mediterranean, with countries like the UK and even war losing Italy filling the gaps.

It seems like the French experiment is coming to a close. It’s now approaching the status of a stale backwater.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #1673 on: October 02, 2021, 07:53:32 PM »

I'd say yes. Especially if the incumbent has a big scandal, plenty of people tend to regret their votes, but as always, I'd like to hear what you guys have to say
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1674 on: October 03, 2021, 08:03:47 AM »

I don't have autism but if I spend too much time on this forum I'll probably get it  Angry  Angry  Angry
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies