A Viable Third Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:41:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  A Viable Third Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Viable Third Party  (Read 946 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« on: July 01, 2017, 03:13:12 PM »

Just wanted to get this out there.  Many organizations like The Centrist Project and No Labels have really attempted to put forward centrist candidates that can end the partisan bickering, but they have not been able to accomplish it.  Many Americans, despite being independents, can view voting for independents as being simply impossible due to the "wasting the vote" mentality.  Obviously, the duopoly has a large part in this, but what I am thinking is that organizations like TCP need to promote the creation of a centrist party, not just running centrist independents.  Independents would feel more at home and would feel as if they have a place.  A new party could do just this, and I believe that such a party, started and/or supported by bight politicians and/or celebrities would help such a party be lifted off the ground.

Does this sound logical?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 03:18:19 PM »

I'd like a third party that is fiscally conservative, socially liberal, environmentally responsible, and less interventionist but isn't as anti-government as the Libertarian Party.  The unfortunate thing, as some mentioned, is that such a party would be so broad with people of many different visions of a centrist party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies