Mock Parliament Revival - Sign Ups (UK, 2012 and on) (Where to go next?)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:23:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Mock Parliament Revival - Sign Ups (UK, 2012 and on) (Where to go next?)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: Mock Parliament Revival - Sign Ups (UK, 2012 and on) (Where to go next?)  (Read 14059 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2017, 11:20:31 PM »

Okay, I'm back in as Corbyn, if you'll have me.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2017, 11:28:21 PM »

Great to have you back!

Still, Labour is capped to promote the other main parties, so unless Truman or Siren were to leave Labour I would have to encourage you to take a different character (at least as long as we have a limited player base).
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2017, 12:36:16 AM »

Great to have you back!

Still, Labour is capped to promote the other main parties, so unless Truman or Siren were to leave Labour I would have to encourage you to take a different character (at least as long as we have a limited player base).

Don't worry, I have an idea of where I'm going with this. Suffice to say, I won't  be going back to Labour.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2017, 11:28:19 AM »

If anyone wants to jump boat to the Liberal Democrats I'd love someone to play as either Cable (Shadow Chancellor) or Farron (party president) and send me a PM

[/quote]

Also do we know what's happening with Sinn Fein?

British Majorities are always harder to work out because they abstain; and you have the Speaker (and three deputy speakers; with two from the opposite party meaning you lose 4 votes)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2017, 06:00:38 PM »

Sinn Fein won't be taking their seats, that pledge will not be broken for reality purposes.

Also, the clock is ticking! Theresa May (Barnes) has until next Friday to have a government in place.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2017, 06:57:07 PM »

Sinn Fein won't be taking their seats, that pledge will not be broken for reality purposes.

Also, the clock is ticking! Theresa May (Barnes) has until next Friday to have a government in place.
At what point will a new election be called if there's no government? I'm assuming that the Lib Dems will have the opportunity to form a government, should the Conservatives fail to form one by the deadline.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2017, 07:00:30 PM »

At what point will a new election be called if there's no government? I'm assuming that the Lib Dems will have the opportunity to form a government, should the Conservatives fail to form one by the deadline.

We will exhaust options before going into a new election, as that should be avoided if possible. So if May cannot win the confidence of the House then Clegg will be offered the chance. If even after that there's no government, I'll have to get creative, but I hope it won't come to that.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2017, 10:26:12 PM »

Anything I am obligated to do right now?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2017, 12:36:16 AM »

Yes, actually, I need to know whether you'll continue as Salmond (as SNP Leader) or whether you'll change to a different character.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2017, 10:14:49 AM »

Yes, actually, I need to know whether you'll continue as Salmond (as SNP Leader) or whether you'll change to a different character.
I think I'll have Salmond step down as SNP Leader, to be replaced by Nicola Sturgeon.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2017, 12:50:04 PM »

I have been trying to get some new Tory MPs but so far have proved unsuccessful. Seeing as we need to form a government, I'm now going to concentrate fully on negotiations, but hopefully my caucus can still be expanded in the coming days.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2017, 04:37:08 PM »

Likewise I will be continuing to try and recruit some people.

Apologies for the lack of updates; I've had a hectic weekend and will post something tomorrow
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2017, 11:42:00 PM »

The DUP sit in a conference room, staring at a phone, waiting - begging - for it to ring. Once, they thought it was ringing, but it was just Ian Paisley, Jr.'s cell phone going off. He had ordered Chinese take out, and it had arrived. Occasionally, Nigel Dodds asks about Stormont and the Executive, but Arlene Foster scolds him for thinking so small. This is our moment, Foster tells them every hour.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2017, 12:28:57 AM »

John McDonnell snaps his head back and forth, frothing at the mouth as he tries to break free of his leather restraints. "Why did I sack Corbyn a week before the election? Why did we go dirty on the LibDems when we know Clegg is untouchable? sh**t, why did I stay away from that damned debate?!?! GAAAAH!!!" However, Owen Smith gives the former Prime Minister a healthy shot of morphine, and he drifts into a comfortable, numb sleep.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2017, 10:39:41 AM »

Sorry guys but I don't think I'm going to be around enough to keep up with this for a bit. It's been fun!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2017, 05:25:42 PM »

Hello all!

I've had limited internet access getting set up for grad school, by I have not dropped off the face of the Earth!

Negotiations are still ongoing, and, like any good ones, will probably go right to the deadline!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2017, 06:44:56 PM »

Sorry guys but I don't think I'm going to be around enough to keep up with this for a bit. It's been fun!
<cut to Owen Smith on a deserted stage, looking out into an assembly of empty chairs, quietly murmuring "It's fine! It's fine!" to himself in a small and increasingly hysterical voice.>
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2017, 12:44:59 PM »

For the record Barnes has until tomorrow, news stories coming today.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2017, 01:13:20 AM »

I forgot to put this up. I'm moving to the Liberal Democrats, playing as Vince Cable, for the parliamentary term.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2017, 08:10:10 PM »

A Queen's Speech has been presented before the House of Commons. Party Leaders or MP's are allowed to respond (either in praise or criticism) on the Westminster thread or in the press, and they must either post how their party will vote or send the vote to me via PM.

I'll allow until Wednesday afternoon for this, and should a party leader not send the vote I'll take it as if the party was offered a "free vote" on the matter.

If the QS passes, we can move on to the next phase. If it fails, well, things might get even more interesting.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2017, 05:52:49 AM »

I'll allow Barnes to give the first post in the Westminster thread as the Government has the first response in the Queens speech
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2017, 06:53:12 AM »

Just FYI, that might be today or it could be tomorrow, so I wouldn't worry too much about the order.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2017, 04:59:42 PM »

I've written half my response; but only got back from a family trip and am getting called into work tomorrow so will post it tomorrow hopefully in the morning but most likely around lunchtime (EST)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #173 on: August 09, 2017, 10:23:12 AM »

Alright, back in action!

I will have my speech up in a few hours. Another delay should not happen since we've solved our internet issues.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #174 on: August 09, 2017, 09:28:31 PM »

Now to get down to business, chaps! And watch my poll numbers slide...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies