538: Maybe Trump Didn’t Remake The Political Map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:51:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  538: Maybe Trump Didn’t Remake The Political Map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 538: Maybe Trump Didn’t Remake The Political Map  (Read 2848 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: June 30, 2017, 04:31:09 PM »

I would disagree.   The white working class voters show the beginnings of voting like a minority group does.   It might only be the beginning of a new trend, but the trend is definitely there and the interests of those people are real too.   

The Democratic Party might be becoming too cosmopolitan/globalist for them and the traditional strength of the Dem party with those people are unions, and those are disappearing fast.

I keep seeing this word, and I had a question in another thread that got answered.  What about the Democratic Party is overly cosmopolitan?  Is the Black single mother who's never left west Chicago "cosmopolitan" because she's not a White rural Southerner?  Is the poor Hispanic farmer in California "cosmopolitan" because he speaks Spanish?  Is the music major who hangs out at Starbucks REALLY more "cosmopolitan" than the finance major who doesn't give a shlt about the liberal arts but has been to Paris twice with his family?

My point is that just because Democrats win big metro areas doesn't mean their voter base or even the party platform is "cosmopolitan," especially when a lot of the voters that help them get such big margins in those areas are about as UN-cosmopolitan as they come.  Not trying to offend anyone, I just think this characterization of a metropolitan Democratic Party vs. a bunch of rednecks is ... well, at best lazy and at worst, intentionally deceptive and self-absorbed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies