MA-WBUR: Warren cruising to reelection (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:07:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MA-WBUR: Warren cruising to reelection (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-WBUR: Warren cruising to reelection  (Read 3366 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« on: July 24, 2017, 09:22:33 PM »

I know it would not happened in 2018 since Baker still is eligible for another term as governor, and will run, and most likely win, but if he faced Warren in 2018, who would win? I think Warren narrowly wins 49-46.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 11:25:24 PM »

I know it would not happened in 2018 since Baker still is eligible for another term as governor, and will run, and most likely win, but if he faced Warren in 2018, who would win? I think Warren narrowly wins 49-46.
I don't think it would be that narrow. I don't think Baker is as good of a candidate as Bill Weld, and Bill Weld could only get within 8 points of Kerry.

I agree with that, but don't you think Warren is a much weaker candidate than Kerry? Plus she only got a little over 7 points on Brown in a blue year, and don't you think Baker is stronger than Brown?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 02:02:29 PM »

I don't think it would be that narrow. I don't think Baker is as good of a candidate as Bill Weld, and Bill Weld could only get within 8 points of Kerry.

I agree with that, but don't you think Warren is a much weaker candidate than Kerry? Plus she only got a little over 7 points on Brown in a blue year, and don't you think Baker is stronger than Brown?
I'm of two minds here. When Warren defeated Scott Brown, he was an incumbent. Brown already had a strongly established base in the state and Warren had to overcome that. I also think Brown is overall a weaker candidate than Baker but being am incumbent probably helped bridge that gap a bit. Also Warren is one hell of a fundraiser. I was looking at her records for another campaign and they're just so impressive. She was really good a courting moderate liberal woman here. I think if Liz ran for Governor against Baker the race would be lean D. Baker would be enough for me to move my rating from safe Dem to likely D though. Withe incumbency now on her side I don't think anybody can come close to her.

Good points, hopefully Baker will never try to run against her though, since he is the only one that could even make it a race.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 03:28:43 PM »

she won't be up again till '24.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies