MA-WBUR: Warren cruising to reelection
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:10:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MA-WBUR: Warren cruising to reelection
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-WBUR: Warren cruising to reelection  (Read 3305 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 27, 2017, 02:26:52 PM »

Link.

Matchups:

Warren 61%
Ayyadurai 25%

Warren 60%
Diehl 29%

Her favorability in the state is 55/34, which is interesting.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 02:27:50 PM »

Obviously.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 02:59:17 PM »

Ayyadurai sounds like a Democrat on everything other than immigration.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 03:16:44 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's interesting.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 03:18:23 PM »

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 03:19:54 PM »

If Elizabeth Warren gets below 60% I will eat my shoe.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 03:24:29 PM »

Oh god my sides

Also Safe D, but Warren should fall below 60% at minimum.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 05:44:23 PM »

There was a poll around here that asked whether Trump was going to get more than 60% in Waukesha county and he got 59.99%
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 10:33:39 AM »

There was a poll around here that asked whether Trump was going to get more than 60% in Waukesha county and he got 59.99%
That's hilarious, but I'm dead serious about this.  Warren is an obscenely strong incumbent here. If Markey could get 62% in a republican wave year, I have no doubt Warren can do it in an election where Trump is on referendum. The Republican party has absolutely no bench here right now. The only times incumbent Dem Senators have gotten less than 60% here were against extremely strong Republican opponents like Mitt Romney and Bill Weld. You guys can come back to this in a year and a half if you want.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 07:39:55 PM »

Yeah, an Indian Republican will certainly bring images of Jindal up. And he went to the same high school as Christie. Not helping.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 05:25:30 AM »
« Edited: July 07, 2017, 05:30:04 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

That's interesting.

Yeah, he didn't invent it. It dates to 1971. It was invented by Ray Tomlinson, who died last year.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 12:09:49 PM »

Why didn't they poll Schilling? Tongue
Fudotei
fudotei
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 09:20:43 PM »

Aaron Judge could probably beat Schilling's poll numbers against Warren (shrug)
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 08:14:12 PM »

His favorability from October 2004 to Now is something that would make Nixons drop from 72 to 74 look like child's play
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 08:17:41 PM »

Schilling isn't running
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 08:47:43 PM »

God this race is gonna be such a landslide. Republicans have no bench in this state whatsoever.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 04:13:30 PM »

God this race is gonna be such a landslide. Republicans have no bench in this state whatsoever.

What's Bill Weld up to?
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2017, 08:42:31 PM »

What's Bill Weld up to?
As far as I know, nothing. It isn't like he'd do much good. He couldn't beat Kerry during the height of his popularity, so I doubt he could dent Warren as a washed up politician in a Trump midterm. Maybe if he hadn't ran on the libertarian ticket, but even then. Any MA Republican worth their salt wouldn't run in this environment.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 09:22:33 PM »

I know it would not happened in 2018 since Baker still is eligible for another term as governor, and will run, and most likely win, but if he faced Warren in 2018, who would win? I think Warren narrowly wins 49-46.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 10:31:57 PM »

I know it would not happened in 2018 since Baker still is eligible for another term as governor, and will run, and most likely win, but if he faced Warren in 2018, who would win? I think Warren narrowly wins 49-46.
I don't think it would be that narrow. I don't think Baker is as good of a candidate as Bill Weld, and Bill Weld could only get within 8 points of Kerry.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2017, 11:25:24 PM »

I don't think it would be that narrow. I don't think Baker is as good of a candidate as Bill Weld, and Bill Weld could only get within 8 points of Kerry.

I agree with that, but don't you think Warren is a much weaker candidate than Kerry? Plus she only got a little over 7 points on Brown in a blue year, and don't you think Baker is stronger than Brown?
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 07:45:58 AM »

I agree with that, but don't you think Warren is a much weaker candidate than Kerry? Plus she only got a little over 7 points on Brown in a blue year, and don't you think Baker is stronger than Brown?
I'm of two minds here. When Warren defeated Scott Brown, he was an incumbent. Brown already had a strongly established base in the state and Warren had to overcome that. I also think Brown is overall a weaker candidate than Baker but being am incumbent probably helped bridge that gap a bit. Also Warren is one hell of a fundraiser. I was looking at her records for another campaign and they're just so impressive. She was really good a courting moderate liberal woman here. I think if Liz ran for Governor against Baker the race would be lean D. Baker would be enough for me to move my rating from safe Dem to likely D though. Withe incumbency now on her side I don't think anybody can come close to her.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 02:02:29 PM »

I'm of two minds here. When Warren defeated Scott Brown, he was an incumbent. Brown already had a strongly established base in the state and Warren had to overcome that. I also think Brown is overall a weaker candidate than Baker but being am incumbent probably helped bridge that gap a bit. Also Warren is one hell of a fundraiser. I was looking at her records for another campaign and they're just so impressive. She was really good a courting moderate liberal woman here. I think if Liz ran for Governor against Baker the race would be lean D. Baker would be enough for me to move my rating from safe Dem to likely D though. Withe incumbency now on her side I don't think anybody can come close to her.

Good points, hopefully Baker will never try to run against her though, since he is the only one that could even make it a race.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 03:04:15 PM »

Good points, hopefully Baker will never try to run against her though, since he is the only one that could even make it a race.
He'd be better off waiting to challenge Liz until 2022 in the chance that a Democrat is in office.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 03:28:43 PM »

she won't be up again till '24.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: