Can Kentucky be won by a Democrat in 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 06:51:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Can Kentucky be won by a Democrat in 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Can Kentucky be won by a Democrat in 2020?  (Read 2763 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2017, 11:10:32 PM »

Can Indiana be won by a Democrat in 2008?

Obama thought Indiana important in the primaries and kept his campaign operating there. As Michigan solidified for him, Barack Obama's campaign had to decide to cut advertising for Michigan. The campaign found that ads in South Bend directed at southwestern Michigan were winning people over in northwestern Indiana and the ads from Fort Wayne directed at northwestern Indiana were working  in Fort Wayne. So move ad money from Detroit, Lansing, and Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo to Indianapolis, Terre Haute, and Evansville...

Indiana has voted for Democratic Governors and Senators.

Indiana closes its polls early, which favors the Republican-leaning rural vote against such urban  centers as Gary, South Bend, and Indianapolis. Indiana has low participation by voters. It is not that different in culture from Ohio. If Indiana had mail-in voting, it would be a swing state in most years. 

@ pbrower2a

Awesome to see you back my man, and as always you bat the ball way out to the outfield....

Your brief but detailed synopsis in just a few paragraphs helped explain some of the mystery of Indiana GE Pres results in '08....

So, from all I can read of your post it appears to be a metaphor (?) that compares Indiana in '08 to Kentucky in '20.

If I can infer your lessons from '08 in Indiana, it appears that if a Democratic candidate is well over-performing in Ohio or Indiana (For example), shift some funding and resources across state-lines could potentially cause an unexpected upset in a place that the opposing Party considers to be a "safe state". Am I wrong in where you're going with this?
super6646
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2017, 07:34:32 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2017, 07:37:11 PM by super6646 »

Sure, and Trump will win Vermont and New York in the next cycle as well! Lets be real here, there is no chance Kentucky goes democratic unless the republican party is erased from history.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies