MD-Gov: Don't be Jealous!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:00:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-Gov: Don't be Jealous!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Author Topic: MD-Gov: Don't be Jealous!  (Read 31607 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2018, 09:38:40 AM »

And this will change what exactly?
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2018, 10:07:39 AM »

Jealous is an underdog in the primary, and people here don't care/don't want national politicians weighing into a state election.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2018, 02:05:38 PM »

I will vote for Rushern Baker to ensure that Susie Turnbull does not become Lt. Gov.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2018, 11:01:41 AM »

https://twitter.com/RushernBaker/status/979008583361810433

Rushern Baker
‏ @RushernBaker

"Hogan repeatedly made private promises and deals to gun rights advocates, all while refusing to take any public stance on gun safety during his campaign." http://www.dbknews.com/2018/03/28/nra-gun-control-maryland-hogan/ … @OpinionDBK

Didn't know about this before, but Hogan apparently does have an A- NRA rating, and refused to pass anything following the Las Vegas shooting.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2018, 11:10:56 AM »

Rushern Baker
‏ @RushernBaker

"Hogan repeatedly made private promises and deals to gun rights advocates, all while refusing to take any public stance on gun safety during his campaign." http://www.dbknews.com/2018/03/28/nra-gun-control-maryland-hogan/ … @OpinionDBK

Didn't know about this before, but Hogan apparently does have an A- NRA rating, and refused to pass anything following the Las Vegas shooting.

Woah, I didn't know he had such a good rating either. This could be the focus of the fall campaign.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2018, 10:20:41 PM »

Rushern Baker
‏ @RushernBaker

Woah, I didn't know he had such a good rating either. This could be the focus of the fall campaign.

America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2018, 10:42:52 PM »

Rushern Baker
‏ @RushernBaker

Yeah, this could be the wedge issue that Baker or Kamenetz need
I still don't really see Hogan losing really, but he's definitely not safe by any means.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2018, 12:46:29 AM »

people here don't care/don't want national politicians weighing into a state election.

What? That's exactly the opposite of my experience in MD!

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2018, 01:40:57 AM »

I thought the dude was a moderate in Baker's fashion, but actually HP. Hope he loses big league in Nov.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2018, 01:52:40 AM »

I may endorse Hogan tbh; Jealous is a Berniecrat but I just don’t trust him to run the state and don’t know much about Baker. Regardless, MD, outside the rural parts, strikes me as pro-gun control, so not a good look for Hogan.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2018, 06:27:39 AM »

I may endorse Hogan tbh; Jealous is a Berniecrat but I just don’t trust him to run the state and don’t know much about Baker. Regardless, MD, outside the rural parts, strikes me as pro-gun control, so not a good look for Hogan.

Well, i doubt, that Carroll county, for example (mostly suburban, IIRC, but 82% for Hogan in 2014 and 63% for Trump in 2016), is a hotbed for gun control initiatives too....
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2018, 09:07:06 AM »

Doesn't MD have gun controls already?  How much more could it possibly need?!  It's as if these people are never satisfied...
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2018, 09:08:53 AM »

Well, i doubt, that Carroll county, for example (mostly suburban, IIRC, but 82% for Hogan in 2014 and 63% for Trump in 2016), is a hotbed for gun control initiatives too....

Carroll County is exurban if anything and in the grand scheme of things really doesn't matter as it was only 3.7% of the total vote in the '14 Gov race. Compared to 15.3% for Montogmery County, 15.2% for Baltimore County, and 12.7% for Prince George's County.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2018, 09:11:47 AM »

I thought the dude was a moderate in Baker's fashion, but actually HP. Hope he loses big league in Nov.

Democrat who says he/she is pro-life but is liberal on anything else?  DINO.

Republican who says he/she is pro-choice but is moderately conservative otherwise?  Fake moderate.

LOL
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2018, 09:50:09 AM »

Doesn't MD have gun controls already?  How much more could it possibly need?!  It's as if these people are never satisfied...

Here's a few laws under consideration by the legislature right now. I happen to agree with all of them. https://www.abc2news.com/news/political/senate-to-review-stricter-gun-laws-in-maryland
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2018, 11:07:02 AM »

Carroll County is exurban if anything and in the grand scheme of things really doesn't matter as it was only 3.7% of the total vote in the '14 Gov race. Compared to 15.3% for Montogmery County, 15.2% for Baltimore County, and 12.7% for Prince George's County.

Democrats already tried this strategy in 2014. They won Montgomery, Prince George and Baltimore city (not county, i admit) in governor election. Was it enough?. And Baltimore county, while going for Clinton in 2016, is less reflexively liberal then these three...
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2018, 11:11:00 AM »

Democrats already tried this strategy in 2014. They won Montgomery, Prince George and Baltimore city (not county, i admit) in governor election. Was it enough?. And Baltimore county, while going for Clinton in 2016, is less reflexively liberal then these three...

Turnout was down in the DC burbs counties in 2014 compared to 2010.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2018, 11:52:23 AM »

In 2014... We have a Senate Race now, and Hogan is beginning to sicken.me.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2018, 12:37:54 PM »

In 2014... We have a Senate Race now, and Hogan is beginning to sicken.me.

Plus one imagines that turnout in MoCo is going to be MUCH higher this year. It's practically HQ of the #resistance.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2018, 03:58:30 PM »

Maryland has one of the strictest gun laws in America. How much more does MD and NJ by the way need?

I support some of the March of our Lives agenda, but some states already have tough gun control laws.

Strengthen some of those laws a bit, give the law abiding gun owner room to protect themselves.

Democrats are between a rock and a hard place with guns. Same with the Republicans.

Hogan has a conservative base in Baltimore County and elsewhere, he has to walk a fine line.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2018, 04:03:49 PM »

Maryland has one of the strictest gun laws in America. How much more does MD and NJ by the way need?

I support some of the March of our Lives agenda, but some states already have tough gun control laws.

Strengthen some of those laws a bit, give the law abiding gun owner room to protect themselves.

Democrats are between a rock and a hard place with guns. Same with the Republicans.

Hogan has a conservative base in Baltimore County and elsewhere, he has to walk a fine line.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2018, 04:30:21 PM »

Baltimore County is a swing county on the state level, and a safely Democratic one on the federal level. I doubt he wins it by as much as he did in 2014, but it he needs to keep the margin in like, high single-digits there to win statewide.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2018, 04:05:44 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2018, 03:27:46 PM by PragPop »

Former Gov. Paris Glendening is backing Baker.

Unsurprising though, since Glendening himself is a former County Executive of PG County, just like Baker is.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: April 25, 2018, 03:29:07 PM »

Hogan has signed a few new gun laws.

I wonder if this will make the NRA sour on him.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2018, 03:31:57 PM »

this could prevent turnout from eastern md, while not being enough in the Big three, hogan just pulled a rauner lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies