Granholms chances
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:21:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Granholms chances
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Granholms chances  (Read 1337 times)
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 11, 2005, 12:56:13 PM »

A year ago everybody thought granholm had  2006 wraped up and she would be governor for another four years. Now a year later her approval ratings are in the gutters and her future prospects are in jepordy.

What do you think granholms chances are to being reelected?
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 12:58:01 PM »

A year ago everybody thought granholm had  2006 wraped up and she would be governor for another four years. Now a year later her approval ratings are in the gutters and her future prospects are in jepordy.

What do you think granholms chances are to being reelected?

I think slightly above 50% due to the lack of a credible Republican.  However, if Candice Miller runs, she's in definite trouble.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 01:03:49 PM »

Dick Devos is coming out to be the early republican frontrunner, I am even questioning if I will vote for granholm in 06, Since she has little to none economic skills and I live in crappiest state in the nation and my county has lost most jobs per capita in the whole nation
But I think granholms chances are about 52%
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 01:23:42 PM »

I am even questioning if I will vote for granholm in 06, Since she has little to none economic skills and I live in crappiest state in the nation and my county has lost most jobs per capita in the whole nation

Blame the destructive free trade policies of the Clinton and Bush administration for that one.

Granholm has little to nothing to do with it.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 01:25:20 PM »

I live in crappiest state in the nation

Positive thinking, positive results.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 01:58:24 PM »

I am even questioning if I will vote for granholm in 06, Since she has little to none economic skills and I live in crappiest state in the nation and my county has lost most jobs per capita in the whole nation

Blame the destructive free trade policies of the Clinton and Bush administration for that one.

I know she is trying to improve michigans economy but unless things start improving then I think we might need some fresh ideas to improve the mess bush has put us in
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 02:06:59 PM »

I know she is trying to improve michigans economy but unless things start improving then I think we might need some fresh ideas to improve the mess bush has put us in

There's really not much the states can do.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 02:53:42 PM »

Grabholm will win it's just by how much my guess is near 54% against DeVos. Miller will not run. The only chance DeVos would have is if Granholm pissed off Detroit and they didn't show up in large numbers for her (like in 1990)  But even them he would still have to do very good elsewhere to win.  Also we have about a year till this race really starts. If anyone thinks Michigan will elect a very rich businessman who is anti union and outsourced jobs your crazy. The only reasonhe will get like 45% is the economy.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 02:55:43 PM »

Yeah, that might have something to do with it.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 03:19:51 PM »

If it is Dick Devos who Granholm runs against, then I will support her.
Not for her, but for michigans sake. Devos would run us deeper into the ground. If that is possible
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 10:12:21 PM »

c'mon for Pete's sake!  surely you can do better than recite that kind of tripe.  can't you?
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 11:49:49 AM »

c'mon for Pete's sake! surely you can do better than recite that kind of tripe. can't you?

The truth hurts.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2005, 05:44:13 PM »

A recent EPIC/MRA poll has granholm 47%, and miller at 45% and 8% undecided. and Granholm 56% and DeVos 36%, 8% undecided

the poll also asked who should face granholm
43% Rep Candice Miller
29% Dick DeVos
8% Ted Nugent
4% Rep. Jack Hoogendyk
4% Sen. Nancy Cassis
6% David Brandon
6% Undecided
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length