2020: Former VP Biden vs. President Pence (2019 Trump Impeachment)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:20:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020: Former VP Biden vs. President Pence (2019 Trump Impeachment)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020: Former VP Biden vs. President Pence (2019 Trump Impeachment)  (Read 2096 times)
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 17, 2017, 11:59:34 AM »

Here's the scenerio:

2018: Democrats regain control of the House, lose seats in the Senate.

2019: President Trump is found guilty of Obstruction of Justice and is the first president to leave office via impeachment. VP Mike Pence resumes what's left of the Donald Trump presidency and soon after, launches his 2020 campaign.

2020: Former VP Biden wins his nomination, as the party believes the closest peer in the Obama administration can bring the Democratic Party back together, While the Republican Party has to deal with a brokered convention between candidates such as John Kasich and Marco Rubio, among others. President Pence ultimately wins the nomination.

There's the timeline. Who would win? please discuss, use maps if needed.
Edgeofnight
EdgeofNight

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 12:49:29 PM »

I can't use maps because I don't have enough posts to post links, but I would give the advantage to Biden. Depending on how badly the impeachment is, Biden would likely win WI, MI, PA, and ME-02, as well as all the Clinton states. Biden would be more competitive in Ohio, but would still fall short.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 07:47:42 PM »

What 20+ GOP Senators vote for impeachment?

Flake, Paul, Collins, Portman, Murkowski, McCain, Graham, 1 or 2 Utah, Sasse, Fischer, Sullivan, Heller, and Gardner only gets them to fourteen at most.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 07:57:58 PM »

Flake, Paul, Collins, Portman, Murkowski, McCain, Graham, 1 or 2 Utah, Sasse, Fischer, Sullivan, Heller, and Gardner only gets them to fourteen at most.
Isakson, maybe Tillis if he thinks he's especially endangered, Rubio?, Hoeven, Burr, Moore Capito.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 08:00:28 PM »

Isakson, maybe Tillis if he thinks he's especially endangered, Rubio?, Hoeven, Burr, Moore Capito.

Cruz could backstab Trump due to his feud with him. Kennedy and Cassidy maybe. Paul maybe could  go against him .
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 09:35:11 PM »

Cruz could backstab Trump due to his feud with him. Kennedy and Cassidy maybe. Paul maybe could  go against him .

I already listed Paul. Corker, Alexander, Capito, Burr, Rubio, Kennedy, Cassidy, and Boozman are all quite a bit less likely, but of those I think I listed them from least to most likely to vote to impeach Trump.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 11:22:35 PM »

Biden win (Best case Scenario):

Obama's 2012 map minus Iowa. Some may write Ohio off, but I think it can be won if the recession that hits sometime in the next three years either happens in mid-late 2019 or 2020 or is a deep one.

A Pence Win (Best Case Scenario):

Wisconsin is as close as Michigan was in 2016 if not closer. I don't see Pence winning Pennsylvania or Michigan, so Nevada (or Colorado or New Hampshire) would be the state that puts Pence over the top.

P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 07:09:44 PM »

I think it would be a Biden landslide. With the election being closer to Trump's impeachment than Nixon's was to 1976, and the GOP divided even more than Ford's party was, Pence wouldn't have a chance against Biden

Former VP Joe Biden (DE)
President Mike Pence (IN)
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2020, 06:51:02 PM »

Good prediction, except for Trump being convicted after the impeachment and the brokered convention.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2020, 07:38:12 AM »

Pence is President during the COVID-19 pandemic. Trumpists blame him as a pawn of the deep state. They beg for Trump to return out of the ether but Trump's gone. Others blame him for being partisan, anti-science, fiscally conservative during a suddenly economic drop, and really weird. His SCOTUS nominee is vetted for being anti SSM, an issue everyone's moved on from and is viewed as pointless bigoted.

R turnout craters and we get the 413 map.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies