A House Majority for the People! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:10:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A House Majority for the People! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A House Majority for the People!  (Read 1381 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: June 15, 2017, 03:39:55 AM »
« edited: June 15, 2017, 03:41:51 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Welcome, Atlasians!
June 15, 2017

Good Evening/Morning (Depending on your location!)

Today I am honored to present to you a group of individuals who represent in my view not only the diversity of the Federalist Party and the Atlasian Right in general, but also the diverse views and priorities of a majority of Atlasian Citizens.

In the last two elections, a majority of this country's citizens have turned out and voted to elect a right of center coalition majority to the People's House of Representatives. Just as in those elections, our aim was to run candidates that represented in totality the majority view of the country, we have strived to do once again and this time we have done even better. Whether you are Main Street Federalist, A Coolidge Society Federalist, A Non-Interventionist Federalist, an ACP member, an independent or concerned member of Labor or another party, this ticket is running for your vote and this slate will represent and serve you the people, if elected to a majority in the People's House of Representatives. We will continue the great progress made in the Congressional administration, and build on it so that the House is completely dedicated to the service of the people. We will push for and strive for excellence, engagement and activity.

Therefore, it is my highest privilege to present to you a House Majority for the People!

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 03:43:16 AM »
« Edited: June 16, 2017, 03:12:31 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Campaign Threads (all links work now!)
People's Speaker NC Yankee
People's Representative Leinad
People's Representative Pessimistic Antineutrino
Southern Speaker fthagn
People's Representative CMB222
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 03:16:52 AM »

#NotMyMajority
(on a more serious note, this slate could be a lot worse.)

#BecauseYouHavetoVotetoCompriseaMajority  Tongue

(I like it too! Also, I fixed the font size, no reason to hide your endorsement of its awesomeness) Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 03:00:45 AM »

Looks like our slate won 55% of the popular vote.

Congrats to fhtagn, Leinad, Pessimistic Antineutrino and CMB222. Congrats also to Peebs, Alpha, Smith and I guess Novella? Not sure how that is going to work out now. I also want to express my deep sadness over the departure of Representative OneJ, he was one of the most active members of the chamber and he will be solely missed.

I do want to thank the Atlasian people for their strong support not only for myself but also this strong ticket. I expect great things in the house to come over next two months. From healthcare, to the budget to the Foreign Police Review, there is much work to be done and I encourage all members returning or departing to contribute their utmost in next term or in the rather long two weeks before the 7th Congress takes its seats. Our job, is to serve the people as there representatives, and that will be me once again my priority, to preserve the functionality of the Congress, but going further we need to push for engagement, policy development, interaction between the branches of gov't and especially a responsiveness of the Congress to actions of the cabinet on policy issues, areas of concern and requests relative to reports of the Game Moderator.

Just saying the word 7th Congress takes me aback. It seems like only yesterday the Fourth Constitution was passed and we have now had 7 Congresses elected.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies