A House Majority for the People!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:08:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A House Majority for the People!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A House Majority for the People!  (Read 1374 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2017, 03:39:55 AM »
« edited: June 15, 2017, 03:41:51 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Welcome, Atlasians!
June 15, 2017

Good Evening/Morning (Depending on your location!)

Today I am honored to present to you a group of individuals who represent in my view not only the diversity of the Federalist Party and the Atlasian Right in general, but also the diverse views and priorities of a majority of Atlasian Citizens.

In the last two elections, a majority of this country's citizens have turned out and voted to elect a right of center coalition majority to the People's House of Representatives. Just as in those elections, our aim was to run candidates that represented in totality the majority view of the country, we have strived to do once again and this time we have done even better. Whether you are Main Street Federalist, A Coolidge Society Federalist, A Non-Interventionist Federalist, an ACP member, an independent or concerned member of Labor or another party, this ticket is running for your vote and this slate will represent and serve you the people, if elected to a majority in the People's House of Representatives. We will continue the great progress made in the Congressional administration, and build on it so that the House is completely dedicated to the service of the people. We will push for and strive for excellence, engagement and activity.

Therefore, it is my highest privilege to present to you a House Majority for the People!

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 03:43:16 AM »
« Edited: June 16, 2017, 03:12:31 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Campaign Threads (all links work now!)
People's Speaker NC Yankee
People's Representative Leinad
People's Representative Pessimistic Antineutrino
Southern Speaker fthagn
People's Representative CMB222
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 06:10:42 AM »

An awesome slate, I'm glad to be on it! Smiley
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 10:56:46 AM »

A very diverse slate that best represents the people of Atlasia! So glad to be a part of this! Smiley
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 02:24:54 PM »

People's Majority? PEOPLE's Majority? Yankee, you communist... Tongue
CMB222
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 02:46:32 PM »

All of these people endorsed for election!
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 06:09:30 PM »

#NotMyMajority
(on a more serious note, this slate could be a lot worse.)
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 03:16:52 AM »

#NotMyMajority

#BecauseYouHavetoVotetoCompriseaMajority  Tongue

(I like it too! Also, I fixed the font size, no reason to hide your endorsement of its awesomeness) Wink
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 10:36:35 AM »

#NotMyMajority

(I like it too! Also, I fixed the font size, no reason to hide your endorsement of its awesomeness)
Bitch, I said Not My Majority, isn't that enough to prove disavowal?
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 06:44:13 PM »

#NotMyMajority

(I like it too! Also, I fixed the font size, no reason to hide your endorsement of its awesomeness)
I'm starting a movement to decrease font sizes, who wants to join?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 06:49:27 PM »

#NotMyMajority

NO
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 06:53:10 PM »

#NotMyMajority

NO
I AGREE
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 06:54:54 PM »

#NotMyMajority

NO
But it allows you to post lots of copypastas without taking up too much space!
here's the thing: i'm actually not addicted to minecraft. yes, i play circa 6 and a half hours a day and yes, i haven't had any form of genuine human interaction in weeks, and yes, i am unable to recall the last time i went outside. but i am not addicted. i'm definitely not addicted. its not like i'm genuinely unable pull myself away from the screen, i can do that. i can do that easily. its not as if i'm constantly running it through my mind either. in fact, i can easily get distracted by other activities. i only play minecraft as a casual hobby.
edit: i'm actually 19 years old, kids and weeaboos have ruined minecraft in my opinion.
I thought fidget spinning was a dumb trend, but then I got mine. I felt the spin, I felt it on my finger, I felt the rush of a good spin. It changed me. I got my spinner ironically, but I was wrong.
Its amazing, I'm smarter, more productive, more focused at work, a simple task is now much better.
Outsiders dont get it, they dont get us. I'm not saying were better but were more open minded and probably smarter.
I love this community, and I love this way of life.
We should stick to this and not try n b crime solvers i think. The internet is so massive and so many ppl use it and so many ppl r ed up in the head or get kicks from messing around with situations with false information. Espically on reddit as its "the front page of the internet" its nice to try and help but like people say it can mess things up even if ur intent is good. Just use this as a reference to keep youre eyes out and dont make assumptions and spread them and it will work out better. Or rather make assumptions you strongly think may be real and call that number. Just remeber lota ppl got access to the internet and a lot of people think little things are something there not creating more n more false.ends. dnt report it here report it to someone who can do something. More ideas and speculation ontop of trolls from god knows who will breed confusion. Sorry lotta txt n hey i cud b wrong i don't know but it seems like common sence its like the book 12 little indians ( real tired havent reax it in a while name may be wrong )
Hi Notch – can I call you Markus Persson or are you too high and mighty for that now? I know you’re busy throwing fancy LA parties with your billions and all, but maybe you can find it in you to lend your ear to a 20-year old feminist who works as a humble barista for a few minutes. Or is that too much to ask of someone who recently sold his company to Microsoft? Anyways, there’s something you need to know…
It must feel awful nice – awful nice to have gone from an overweight, socially awkward nobody to a billionaire in like 5 years for creating ONE game. Now you get to reap the fruits of all those sweaty, Cheeto-filled coding sessions and enjoy the good life in the American Rivera. However, you need to know now…you need to know that your success is built on something disgusting, something demeaning and something that hurts millions of people everywhere. It’s time you knew what your blocky empire is built upon and I must say I’m disgusted – both at what it’s built on and by the fact that more people aren’t calling you out on this. Minecraft is incredibly sexist. There, I said it. I don’t think you’re surprised either, because you KNOW deep down, and have from the very moment you sat down at the computer that Minecraft was going to be a game that excludes half of the population. Maybe you’ve tried to suppress this fact, or maybe you’ve tried to tell yourself that you didn’t do it deliberately, or maybe, as I suspect is reality, you simply don’t care. Let me tell you exactly how Minecraft is misogynist.
Minecraft does, from the outset, strive to appeal to traditional masculinity. The simple act of building is a millennia old gender-coded act that has caused men since the beginning of time to take it upon themselves to build buildings and other stuff. Historically, women who’ve been eager to build their own Basilicas, Pyramids or Big Bens have been told that building is “a man’s domain”, that they’re too delicate to get their hands dirty with brick and mortar. Minecraft perpetuates that Patriarchal stereotype, by making building stuff the central theme of the game, you’re making women feel inadequate. Notch, you’re excluding women who have been told their entire lives that they aren’t allowed to build stuff! How do you not see this?
Also, the aesthetics of the game are very repulsive to women and this was clearly a conscious decision so as to scare women away from the game. There’s absolutely zero definition, pretty backdrops or nice clothing in the game – it’s all pixelated, gritty ugly sprites running around in an ugly, masculine world. Markus, did you really think blocks would appeal to women? No, of course you didn’t and that’s exactly why you went with them, it’s all part of your effort to turn women away at the door and keep women from experiencing the comradery that male gamers have felt for decades. The square itself is often associated with masculinity while more rounder shapes are linked with femininity. I see no rounded corners AT ALL and nothing that appeals to women in anyway. Notch, you really went all out in keeping gaming a Boys club only with this game, you’ve actually put zero effort into making women and queer individuals feel welcome and accepted in the community.
Also, how do you expect any woman to be able to identify with and feel comfortable with a game in which the default character is a blockheaded male? There is no option to be a female or any gender and this is of course deepy problematic. In order to enjoy a game, one needs to feel like one is welcome to play it, or at the very least, feel like you can recognise yourself within the game. Where are the fierce, sassy female characters that can kick but while at the same time wearing a pretty, flowing dress? That’s right – NOWHERE – and you made sure of that Markus! Seeing the brutish nature of the game without even an infusion of something that could appeal to women is deeply triggering to most female gamers.
I am not only angry with you Notch – I am hurt too. Hurt that you have created an experience that could have been very tolerant and open to everyone, but purposelly excluded half of the population. You don’t get to do this. You don’t get to set female gamers back 30 years. Minecraft needs to go, like, I am serious. Minecraft needs to be banned before it hurts more women. I know a lot of anti-feminists will get angry at this because their precious male privileged game is going to be taken away from them – but guess what – I DON’T CARE. This has gone far enough as it is!
So everyone, please help me spread the word! Tweet under #Misogycraft and make sure this letter reaches Notch! Together, we can help bring Minecraft down!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 03:00:45 AM »

Looks like our slate won 55% of the popular vote.

Congrats to fhtagn, Leinad, Pessimistic Antineutrino and CMB222. Congrats also to Peebs, Alpha, Smith and I guess Novella? Not sure how that is going to work out now. I also want to express my deep sadness over the departure of Representative OneJ, he was one of the most active members of the chamber and he will be solely missed.

I do want to thank the Atlasian people for their strong support not only for myself but also this strong ticket. I expect great things in the house to come over next two months. From healthcare, to the budget to the Foreign Police Review, there is much work to be done and I encourage all members returning or departing to contribute their utmost in next term or in the rather long two weeks before the 7th Congress takes its seats. Our job, is to serve the people as there representatives, and that will be me once again my priority, to preserve the functionality of the Congress, but going further we need to push for engagement, policy development, interaction between the branches of gov't and especially a responsiveness of the Congress to actions of the cabinet on policy issues, areas of concern and requests relative to reports of the Game Moderator.

Just saying the word 7th Congress takes me aback. It seems like only yesterday the Fourth Constitution was passed and we have now had 7 Congresses elected.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies