Bagel23 For Southern Chamber of Delegates, For The Second Time.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:23:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Bagel23 For Southern Chamber of Delegates, For The Second Time.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: FF HP Barometer
FF
HP
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Bagel23 For Southern Chamber of Delegates, For The Second Time.  (Read 1605 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2017, 01:22:10 AM »

So I have encountered a new issue that is now very important to me ever since a few hours ago. And that is the severe lack of fences/barriers along treacherous paths in national parks. This, after I slipped on a pile of snow, and nearly fell off a mini-cliff while hiking in the rockies trying to get to emerald lake. Death by falling is the third most common method of dying in american national parks, with 169 fatalities between 2007 and 2013. I find this unacceptable, and something must be done about it. I will add to my platform to create funding for the building of four foot tall chicken wire and chain link fences across all paths in national parks in our country. We have around 18,000 miles to cover. The materials alone should cost around $400 million, but I think if we buy it all in bulk, we can get the price drastically reduced. The labour is also an expensive part, so this project should cost a little short of a billion dollars. So here is how I propose funding it. Cut spending from inside the department that is more towards the frivolous side, and redirect it towards the project. Ie. money spent on useless regulations and permits (not all are useless, just some), new land acquisition, and overadvertizing. Take some money from programs receiving cuts, and redirect them, such as cuts already taking place in national conservation, wildlife refuges, fire prevention and restoration emergency funds, rural water programs, and construction of infrastructure. And finally, who knows how successful this third money-making venture could be, but there is nothing to lose if it aint successful, but anyways, allow and encourage private corporations to rent out spaces for advertisement on interior department infrastructure and equipment, such as ads on the fence, trucks, buildings, busses, etc. I think this should be enough to foot the bill for the fence, but if not, the absolute last resort is slightly increased prices for access and amenities to national parks, supplement by a teensy tiny tax hike. But, this is the last line of defence, and I doubt we would reach it, and even if we did, it would only be temporarily until the money for the project is recouped.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2017, 07:00:28 AM »

the chamber of delegates does not have authority to engage in new infrastructure projects inside the national parks
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2017, 01:12:58 PM »

the chamber of delegates does not have authority to engage in new infrastructure projects inside the national parks

Ok, but surely I can write a bill and submit it to the national congress. Also, we can do mini projects like these with state parks.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2017, 02:44:04 AM »
« Edited: December 27, 2017, 02:47:56 AM by Bagel23 »

I'm running again for the southern chamber in January of 2018! Pretty much the same platform, except this time I am going to be less of a fire-player/more tame, and several other ideas such as a regional opiod and greek life tax. In order to reduce deficits and level the playing field, we need to shift tax burdens, shift funding, and simply reduce our spending overall. It's time our middle class catches a break, but in order to do that, we have to factor in real change. Thank you, and hopefully more ideas to come! Please ask away!
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2017, 03:01:12 AM »

I'm running again for the southern chamber in January of 2018! Pretty much the same platform, except this time I am going to be less of a fire-player/more tame, and several other ideas such as a regional opiod and greek life tax. In order to reduce deficits and level the playing field, we need to shift tax burdens, shift funding, and simply reduce our spending overall. It's time our middle class catches a break, but in order to do that, we have to factor in real change. Thank you, and hopefully more ideas to come! Please ask away!
Endorsed
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2017, 03:16:47 AM »

Endorsed

Thank you!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2017, 03:19:41 AM »

Thank you!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2017, 11:03:54 AM »

I would like to take this time and opportunity to double down on my previous statement made last evening regarding the term in which I referred to the SOFE of Atlasia. I stand by the statement I made, and I do not regret it. My stance on social issues is an overall centrist approach. Some left, some right, and some moderate, but when they are all added up and then averaged, they come to a centrist location. On this particular social issue, I do maintain a more right wing approach/stance/view/whatchamacallit. While I prefer the government to ensure equality, and then to stay out of it to save time and money, I still have my own opinions on the matter, and hence my actions may reflect that. I refer to people by their biological "sex" assigned to them at birth. With all due respect to all those on the other side of the matter, I don't buy the whole call by "gender", preference, etc. thing. Neither do I buy that humans can change their biological "sex" assigned to them at birth, I think that is a load of phony information. The only exception I make is for those who are a part of the intersex community, as I think they deserve the dignity of being referred to as either a "him" or "her", regardless of biology. Because "it", would be completely demeaning and insulting, and that just will not fly.

Now that this has been settled, I look forward to getting back to the issues, supporting my fellow federalists, hopefully winning a seat in the Southern Chamber of Delegates, and answering questions regarding my stance on the issues.

Thank you to all, and I hope I have your vote in July!
Is this still your position on transgender issues? If so, how can the people of the South trust you to advocate for them when you deny the validity of their experiences on whim?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2017, 11:28:35 AM »

Is this still your position on transgender issues? If so, how can the people of the South trust you to advocate for them when you deny the validity of their experiences on whim?
Wow, we're back on HISgate? Tongue
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2017, 12:13:23 PM »

several other ideas such as a regional opiod and greek life tax.

What does this mean?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2017, 02:33:51 PM »

I would like to take this time and opportunity to double down on my previous statement made last evening regarding the term in which I referred to the SOFE of Atlasia. I stand by the statement I made, and I do not regret it. My stance on social issues is an overall centrist approach. Some left, some right, and some moderate, but when they are all added up and then averaged, they come to a centrist location. On this particular social issue, I do maintain a more right wing approach/stance/view/whatchamacallit. While I prefer the government to ensure equality, and then to stay out of it to save time and money, I still have my own opinions on the matter, and hence my actions may reflect that. I refer to people by their biological "sex" assigned to them at birth. With all due respect to all those on the other side of the matter, I don't buy the whole call by "gender", preference, etc. thing. Neither do I buy that humans can change their biological "sex" assigned to them at birth, I think that is a load of phony information. The only exception I make is for those who are a part of the intersex community, as I think they deserve the dignity of being referred to as either a "him" or "her", regardless of biology. Because "it", would be completely demeaning and insulting, and that just will not fly.

Now that this has been settled, I look forward to getting back to the issues, supporting my fellow federalists, hopefully winning a seat in the Southern Chamber of Delegates, and answering questions regarding my stance on the issues.

Thank you to all, and I hope I have your vote in July!

I have reached a deal to refer to transgenders by their name or by "they" so this issue could be reduced.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2017, 02:35:55 PM »

What does this mean?

Southern taxes on opiod production per milligram and southern taxes on fraternities and sororities . Looking to shift tax burdens to help the middle class.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2017, 03:33:08 PM »

regardless of whether you agree with Bagel or not, I know he will be a fighter for the southern region in the chamber. He has also proven to me he is open minded an approachable. For these reasons, I endorse him.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2017, 03:49:17 PM »

regardless of whether you agree with Bagel or not, I know he will be a fighter for the southern region in the chamber. He has also proven to me he is open minded an approachable. For these reasons, I endorse him.

Thank you!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2017, 04:45:20 PM »

What does this mean?

Southern taxes on opiod production per milligram and southern taxes on fraternities and sororities . Looking to shift tax burdens to help the middle class.

As much as I hate frats, I do not believe a targeted tax on such associations would be constitutional.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2017, 05:29:01 PM »

What does this mean?

As much as I hate frats, I do not believe a targeted tax on such associations would be constitutional.

They are definitely not educational lol.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies