Death Penalty (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:06:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Death Penalty (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Death Penalty  (Read 28688 times)
Demrepdan

« on: January 02, 2004, 07:00:56 PM »

I support the death penalty. But under certain conditions.

One condition that holds the up-most importance, is that they are 100% CERTAIN that the person being put to death committed the crime, without a shadow of a doubt. Therefore, you should have DNA testing, perhaps a confession, some audio evidence, pictures, something caught on VIDEO (eye witness accounts shouldn't always count. Just think, what if these "eye witnesses" are out to get the person, and they all band together and say.."oh yeah, I saw him do it")

A person should only be put to death for the most HEINOUS crimes. And ONLY for the most heinous. If you kill someone, or even TWO people, you should get life in prison at most, but not the death penalty. But if you kill many, many people (serial killer) and or you do HORRIBLE things to them. Torture, mangle the body, EAT them, then that would count as a heinous crime.

Also, it is good to only kill people who won't be anymore use to anyone. By that I mean, if the killer may be holding vital information, then he should not be put to death. Like, an important member of a crime organization, or certain terrorists.

The most important thing, however, is that the accused is 100% guilty.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies