Death Penalty (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:39:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Death Penalty (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Death Penalty  (Read 28683 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« on: January 02, 2004, 11:40:50 AM »
« edited: January 02, 2004, 11:42:40 AM by Nym90 »

Ah, but Christopher, bullets were deemed too expensive as a way of execution in Germany 60 years ago, and thus they used gas chambers instead. Gas chambers are clearly the most efficient and least expensive way to kill people. So really, we ought to use those instead, right?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 12:11:53 PM »

I oppose the death penalty because I believe that government should not have the right to execute its citizens under any circumstances. I feel that the government should set a moral example and not stoop to the levels of the criminals. I do not believe in an eye for an eye, I feel that we as a society should be better than the criminal. The death penalty breeds a culture in which killing is considered acceptable for moral reasons. The murderers probably have their own twisted warped moral reasons for why what they are doing is correct, and thus any acknowledgement that murder is acceptable for any moral reasons at all helps to breed these attitudes.
I feel that life in prison is, in some ways, a greater punishment than death. It gives the person the rest of their life to live with what they have done, and to not have any freedom to be a part of society.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies