Constitution Revisions

(1/1)

Beet:
To simplify the Constitution, propose the following be stricken from the constitution by amendment:

Article I, Section 2 Clause 3
Article I, Section 2 Clause 6
Article I, Section 3 Clause 3
Article I, Section 6 Clause 1

Article II, Section 1 Clause 6
Article II, Section 1 Clause 7
Article II, Section 2 Clause 2
Article II, Section 2 Clause 3
Article II, Section 3 Clause 3

Article III, Section 2 Clause 2

Article V, Section 1 Clause 3
Article V, Section 1 Clause 6

Amendment IV

Also use this thread to suggest any specific changes you would make to the Fantasy Forum/Constitution.

JohnFKennedy:
Are those changes to Dan's Constitution?

The Duke:
If we drop an amendment, it should be #3.  #4 is just fine.

ShapeShifter:
Article I

Section 2 (The Senate)

Clause 3. If there is an election dispute as to who shall serve the region as Senator, then the Governor of that region shall declare the outcome of the election. If there is an election dispute  as to who shall serve a district as Senator, the Supreme Court shall resolve the issue and declare the outcome of the election.

What is wrong with this?

Fmr. Gov. NickG:

Article I, Section 6 Clause 1
This sets the election dates for Senators.  I don't see anything wrong with that, although I think the filing deadline should be shorter.

Article II, Section 2 Clause 2
Article II, Section 2 Clause 3
Yes, these should probably be changed.  We should have a shorter filing date for Independent candidates and for parties to choose their nominees.  Parties should choose their nominees by whatever process they want.

Amendment IV allow for the elections of Governors and has the 10-state requirement.  I could take or leave the 10-state requirement, but we need Governors, because they are mentioned elsewhere in the Constitution.

The others you mentioned are fine with me either in or out.  I think we should maybe not have offices WITHIN the Senate (e.g. pro tempore) written into the Constitution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index