Hillary blames DNC for loss, credits Obama's looks for breaking racial barrier !
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:09:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary blames DNC for loss, credits Obama's looks for breaking racial barrier !
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Hillary blames DNC for loss, credits Obama's looks for breaking racial barrier !  (Read 3125 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 03, 2017, 10:36:13 AM »

“So I never said I was a perfect candidate, and I certainly have never said I ran perfect campaigns, but I don’t know who is or did,” “And at some point it sort of bleeds into misogyny. And let’s just be honest, you know, people who have a set of expectations about who should be president and what a president looks like, you know, they’re going to be much more skeptical and critical of somebody who doesn’t look like and talk like and sound like everybody else who’s been president.”

She then attempted to explain Barack Obama’s success and her failure by complimenting his looks. “And you know, President Obama broke that racial barrier, but you know, he’s a very attractive, good-looking man with lots of —”...... “He’s likable enough, absolutely!” Clinton responded.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/02/hillary-clinton-barack-obama-an-attractive-good-looking-man/

"I take responsibility for every decision I make -- but that's not why I lost," Clinton said. "I'm now the nominee of the Democratic Party. I inherit nothing from the Democratic Party," Clinton said. "It was bankrupt, it was on the verge of insolvency, its data was mediocre to poor, non-existent, wrong. I had to inject money into it -- the DNC -- to keep it going."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/31/politics/hillary-clinton-recode-loss/
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 10:40:45 AM »

Andrew Therriault, the former director of data science for the Democratic National Committee, said Hillary Clinton's claim that she "inherited nothing" from the DNC is totally off base.

"DNC data folks: today's accusations are f***ing bull****, and I hope you understand the good you did despite that nonsense," Therriault tweeted Wednesday. "Private mode be damned, this is too important," Therriault said in another tweet. "I'm not willing to let my people be thrown under the bus without a fight."

Andrew Therriault Retweeted
Fwiw, the data operation Clinton "inherited" was the most robust data operation the DNC has ever seen, including during the Obama re-elect.

This discussion also really needs to distinguish between data (basically who lives where) and targeting (who the campaign should talk to).

I'll entertain any theories that the targeting was off, but don't have a lot of time for people blaming the core DNC data file.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dnc-data-guru-denies-hillary-clintons-claim-she-inherited-nothing-from-dnc/

https://twitter.com/therriaultphd?lang=en
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 10:47:59 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Jesus this woman learns nothing...
alomas
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 10:50:11 AM »

No dignity at all.  She lost because she was a bad candidate, so bad that even Trump's awful comments about women hadn't proved a downfall for him. Does she forgot about deplorables or basement dwellers? Now she also shows how little respect she has for everyone, even her former allies, when they are no longer helpful to give her more power.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 11:29:55 AM »

Charles Kraufhamer, and many prominent GOPers came out against Trump.  She was leading the presidential campaign.

The country was looking for an alternative to Obama, but Trump hired Jeff Sessions and Pence and Flynn who were of the same ethical mode, the country wanting to get from out under.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 11:33:14 AM »

Well, she's not wrong about the DNC voter data. But nevertheless, the main reason she lost is she herself. She blew it because she overestimated her support among working people in the Rust Belt, taking them for granted. And of course, because of all her baggage from e-mails to Wall Street.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 12:22:48 PM »

There are many paths to being a dignified and respectable losing nominee, even keeping up a degree of power and political relevance. Hillary isn't taking any of them. This looks uncomfortably close to what we could have expected from a losing Trump. (Slightly more restrained and delayed.)

She lost. Like the GOP Trump-cult, she needs to get over that and move forward.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 12:33:50 PM »

Every time Clinton goes off on this sort of idiotic tangent, Trump's 2020 chances improve.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 12:51:15 PM »

Lol. Andrew Therriault is a pathetic little snowflake.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/05/hillary-clinton-information-wars/528765/
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 12:53:39 PM »

In before she blames the Crab People.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 12:59:50 PM »

You know what, I always had my issues with Hillary, but I had some respect for her accomplishments and assumed she meant well in at least a generic sense. With her post-election behavior, however, she's proven herself to be a petty, entitled, self-centered piece of sh*t and I have zero sympathy for her. I hope she keeps failing at everything she sets out to do, because that's all she deserves.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 01:01:27 PM »

"However, prior to 2016, I have never seen a campaign, winning or losing, in which all of these fairly banal political problems were compounded by Russian cyber-ratfcking, the inexcusable meddling of the director of the FBI, and, yes, misogyny. But, because this campaign involved Hillary Rodham Clinton, all of those conventional political glitches have been so magnified that they have all but drowned out the other things that made HRC's defeat sui generis, at least in my experience. And now, when she gets up on stage, and mentions the latter, the response is that she should shut up about these things, don a hairshirt about her "responsibility" for the less exotic problems with her campaign, and go away.

As a matter of fact, I think the nation would have been better served had Gore raised holy hell about what happened to him for as long as he possibly could. I think the nation would have been better served if some Democratic senator had stood with, say, John Lewis, to contest the results of the 2000 election. I think that Kerry should have hollered louder and longer about the shenanigans in Ohio that helped re-elect George W. Bush. Maybe if they had done this, the subsequent flood of voter-suppression laws, and the ensuing gerrymandering of various legislatures, which continues to rage through the political process today, could have been partially stemmed.

Frankly, I hope she continues to "frustrate" Democratic panjandrums and I hope she continues to make the likes of Ruth Marcus simper about how bitter she is. Right now, as far as I can see, HRC is the only one completely free to hammer away at the extraordinary events that conspired to put Donald Trump in the White House. As the investigations continue to accelerate, the country needs somebody outside of the Congress and outside of Department of Justice to keep the country at large focused on the real cost of having abided by the Clinton Rules while an election was hijacked from afar. Might as well be her."

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a55410/hillary-clinton-2016-election-comments/
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 01:04:09 PM »

Enough Shadows Spam !
Angrie

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 01:20:41 PM »

Well, she's not wrong about the DNC voter data.

Uh, yeah she is.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2017, 01:42:01 PM »

You know what, I always had my issues with Hillary, but I had some respect for her accomplishments and assumed she meant well in at least a generic sense. With her post-election behavior, however, she's proven herself to be a petty, entitled, self-centered piece of sh*t and I have zero sympathy for her. I hope she keeps failing at everything she sets out to do, because that's all she deserves.

Hillary was never allowed to express her candid opinions because someone, somewhere would take offense. In a way, im glad she lost because shes free to say what she wants and it doesnt matter one bit what anyone thinks. Your response is proof of that.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2017, 01:43:07 PM »

At this rate, he's gonna have more spam posts than BRTD any day now.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 01:56:37 PM »

Jesus this woman learns nothing...

Yeah, that comment was priceless.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2017, 01:59:53 PM »

God the leftist in this thread are insufferable. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 02:01:50 PM »

She had a chance of being remembered primairly as the first major party woman presidential nominee. Now she's doing everything to be remembered solely as a sore loser who lost to Donald F*KIN Trump of all people. She should really take a break, collect herself and start a new chapter in her life, now that her presidential aspirations are gone. There are still meaningful things she can do.

And Hillbots are still in denial. Everybody's responsible but Her Majesty.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2017, 02:05:03 PM »

If Hillary Clinton were to stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot people, some of you would just say "The Bernie bros are just misinterpreting things here!"
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2017, 02:06:38 PM »

She had a chance of being remembered primairly as the first major party woman presidential nominee. Now she's doing everything to be remembered solely as a sore loser who lost to Donald F*KIN Trump of all people. She should really take a break, collect herself and start a new chapter in her life, now that her presidential aspirations are gone. There are still meaningful things she can do.

She lost because of Russia and Comey. The race was close because of Hillary's mistakes.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2017, 02:07:07 PM »

I agree. She isn't doing herself any favors here. I honestly do believe the Comey letter, the leaks and other things hurt her and probably cost her the election, but the fact is, the election never should have been this close to begin with. She was a weak candidate with lots of damaging baggage who ran a bad strategy. I don't have a problem with her returning to the scene and helping the party regain its footing, but sitting around pointing fingers is getting ridiculous now. Why is she even talking about this? If someone asks her about it, she should give a generic, harmless answer and move on. Stop fking talking about it. We've heard it all already, and her continued comments on it are not helping anything and only making her look bad. Ironically, this was another one of her big problems - she is chronically tone deaf and seemingly unable to understand how her actions or words affect her image.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2017, 02:08:50 PM »

I agree. She isn't doing herself any favors here. I honestly do believe the Comey letter, the leaks and other things hurt her and probably cost her the election, but the fact is, the election never should have been this close to begin with. She was a weak candidate with lots of damaging baggage who ran a bad strategy. I don't have a problem with her returning to the scene and helping the party regain its footing, but sitting around pointing fingers is getting ridiculous now. Why is she even talking about this? If someone asks her about it, she should give a generic, harmless answer and move on. Stop fking talking about it. We've heard it all already, and her continued comments on it are not helping anything and only making her look bad. Ironically, this was another one of her big problems - she is chronically tone deaf and seemingly unable to understand how her actions or words affect her image.

Her image doesnt matter anymore, so why shouldn't she say what shes thinking?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2017, 02:10:28 PM »

Dude she was not the best candidate, but the sh**ting on her by you bros is pretty tiring.  Nothing better for you guys to do?  Can a woman not talk about her loss, or does she have to move on, unlike the men who either punted on the primaries or lost them by a landslide?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2017, 02:11:10 PM »

Her image is shot no matter what she does, except when she is the passive victim of her husband's cheating, or losing to Obama. If that's what it takes to have a positive image, who cares? I'd rather she say what she thinks forthrightly, the more frank the better.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies