Will Gianforte's win encourage future acts of violence by Republican candidates?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:48:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will Gianforte's win encourage future acts of violence by Republican candidates?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Will Gianforte's win encourage future acts of violence by Republican candidates?  (Read 6167 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2017, 05:10:22 PM »

I love how the left expects us not defend our own political views. I love how we're always wrong and must always agree and if not, we're "deflecting" or "rationalizing" or "condoning" violence, all the while as they themselves continue to perpetrate such acts. And when you bring it up, the same stuff happens again.

We aren't dealing with rational people here.

If your political views involve defending/electing a criminal who assaulted a journalist, they are indefensible.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2017, 05:11:44 PM »

I love how the left expects us not defend our own political views. I love how we're always wrong and must always agree and if not, we're "deflecting" or "rationalizing" or "condoning" violence, all the while as they themselves continue to perpetrate such acts. And when you bring it up, the same stuff happens again.

Your quote Defending Your political views quote is not triggering anyone, Sanchez. It's your defending and condoning Violence by the leaders of your party, including your idol Trump first and foremost, as some justifiable counterweight to alleged widespread leftist violence. When in fact there are no democratic leaders, or even mid-level folks like congressmen, espousing- - let alone actually committing - - acts of violence against their political opponents. If you need to compare some Berkeley anarchists who are adamantly against the Democratic party for their not supporting direct violent action against the right for some Thug firebombed and office as a counterweight to the president of the United States himself explicitly advocating his followers commit acts of violence against his opponents for which he would protect them legally, then you already lost the debate.

Irrational people indeed.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2017, 05:14:45 PM »

If your political views involve defending/electing a criminal who assaulted a journalist, they are indefensible.
FFS, I never defended Gianforte's action, you stoodge. Ask Apathetic Austrian.

Yeah, but you can donate. Don't deny you'd vote for him in a heartbeat now anyway. And I don't mean vote for question stead, I mean you'd actually still a formatively support him in The Ballot Box.

And yes, every time your response to this whole incident is parroting on about how Democrats are somehow just as bad Republicans are merely fighting back against violet leftists, yes Sanchez, you are defending him.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2017, 05:17:45 PM »

Then why won't the left dissown those among their ranks who want to bring back segregation?  Why don't they unequivocally condemn their extremists who want to shut down debate?  You see conservative criticizing Trump all the time.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is one guy.  And he might have lost if not for early voting.

I don't like Trump, and I say it in front of his supporters and they leave me alone.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2017, 05:20:42 PM »

Then why won't the left dissown those among their ranks who want to bring back segregation?  Why don't they unequivocally condemn their extremists who want to shut down debate?  You see conservative criticizing Trump all the time.

I don't like Trump, and I say it in front of his supporters and they leave me alone.

What the frick are you talking about in terms of rhe institutionalism segregation? Seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about. Secondly, there is a huge huge difference between exercising lens Free Speech rights to shout a political opponent down and attacking them physically. And yes there is significant debate among the left, as you should see on this forum, about the propriety of we're free speech is more served by allowing heckling or to the point where it literally shouts down another speaker. But we're not talking about heckling, we're talking about violence. Now show me one significant Democratic leader, hell, show me more than a minor neighborhood Warden leader or state representative, who is advocated or committed violence against their ideological opponents
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2017, 05:25:23 PM »

What the frick are you talking about in terms of rhe institutionalism segregation? Seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about. Secondly, there is a huge huge difference between exercising lens Free Speech rights to shout a political opponent down and attacking them physically. And yes there is significant debate among the left, as you should see on this forum, about the propriety of we're free speech is more served by allowing heckling or to the point where it literally shouts down another speaker. But we're not talking about heckling, we're talking about violence. Now show me one significant Democratic leader, hell, show me more than a minor neighborhood Warden leader or state representative, who is advocated or committed violence against their ideological opponents

I don't know if there are.

But there is an authoritarian trend growing in the left that Democrats want to ignore.  And the violence in Berkeley is a symptom of it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2017, 05:41:44 PM »

This guy who won the election in MT is certainly causing threads to spin out of control. This is another thread where the temperature needs to be turned down. Thank you.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2017, 06:06:56 PM »

Donald Trump is indefensible.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2017, 06:14:01 PM »

So crack my skull, amirite?!?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2017, 06:18:36 PM »

Name one Democratic party operative or leader advocating for that. Better still comma name one Democratic presidential candidate who has advocated violence against his ideological opponents such as you.
EnglishPete

« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2017, 06:29:30 PM »

Name one Democratic party operative or leader advocating for that. Better still comma name one Democratic presidential candidate who has advocated violence against his ideological opponents such as you.

I give you one better than that. Here's paid Democratic Party operatives working for candidate Hillary Clinton talking about their role in organising the violence in Chicago against Trump and his supporters

https://youtu.be/5IuJGHuIkzY?t=551
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2017, 06:34:53 PM »

I give you one better than that. Here's paid Democratic Party operatives working for candidate Hillary Clinton talking about their role in organising the violence in Chicago against Trump and his supporters

HahahHahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

You gullible loon
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2017, 06:36:04 PM »

well, could you make a calm, reasoned (without relyïng on emotional appeals) argument as to why not?
EnglishPete

« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2017, 07:01:24 PM »

HahahHahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

You gullible loon
Did you forget to take your meds today?
EnglishPete

« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2017, 07:02:40 PM »

well, could you make a calm, reasoned (without relyïng on emotional appeals) argument as to why not?
Could I just note the extreme irony of you, of all people, making such a request.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2017, 07:08:01 PM »

Could I just note the extreme irony of you, of all people, making such a request.
that's
the point
my dude

i'm taking the treatment we trans people and other minorities constantly have to deal with and forwarding it to a shtty cishet white guy
EnglishPete

« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2017, 08:01:25 PM »

that's
the point
my dude

i'm taking the treatment we trans people and other minorities constantly have to deal with and forwarding it to a shtty cishet white guy
I had no idea you were a "trans people and other minorities". I was referring to you being a ranting ultraleftist fanatic.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2017, 10:27:54 PM »

I could see it, honestly.

If Republican voters aren't going to hold their candidates to any sort of standard, I can't see what could stop them.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2017, 02:26:26 AM »

Conservatism is filled with hypocrisy. If a reporter ever attacked a dear leader with power he would be deemed a thug and  would be thrown in prison. America is on a very dark path.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2017, 03:40:20 AM »

The right wing are infantile children, who get triggered when people with the "wrong opinions" penetrate their safe spaces. It's no surprise that they go bananas and have a tantrum in public. Gianforte won't be the last overgrown toddler to become a folk hero, mark my words.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies