Would you change your vote if your candidate assaulted someone?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:10:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Would you change your vote if your candidate assaulted someone?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Would you change your vote if your candidate of choice pulled a Pianforte and assaulted / body slammed someone during the campaign?
Yes (D)

No (D)

I wouldn't vote (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

I wouldn't vote (R)

Yes (I)

No (I)

I wouldn't vote (I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 109

Author Topic: Would you change your vote if your candidate assaulted someone?  (Read 3215 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2017, 07:39:38 PM »

The Dem party constantly votes for folks like Ted Kennedy and Alcee Hastings.
Please don't compare Ted Kennedy murdering somebody and Bill Clinton's sexual assault and rape "allegations" to this. This is unacceptable because it happened publicly the day before the election.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2017, 11:26:35 PM »

When did either of those assault somebody?

It is not assault per se. Consider it a different sort of crime...either the one he pled guilty to or something more sinister.

Link

Shortly after leaving a party on Chappaquiddick Island, Senator Edward “Ted” Kennedy of Massachusetts drives an Oldsmobile off a wooden bridge into a tide-swept pond. Kennedy escaped the submerged car, but his passenger, 28-year-old Mary Jo Kopechne, did not. The senator did not report the fatal car accident for 10 hours.

On July 25, Kennedy pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, received a two-month suspended sentence, and had his license suspended for a year.

Alcee Hastings was impeached and convicted in the US Senate for accepting bribes and many other things. The Dem controlled Senate, uh, forgot to bar him from holding future public office.

Link

Since they decided to not do that, Hastings ran for Congress. He remains there today.

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2017, 11:49:15 PM »

When did either of those assault somebody?

It is not assault per se. Consider it a different sort of crime...either the one he pled guilty to or something more sinister.

Link

Shortly after leaving a party on Chappaquiddick Island, Senator Edward “Ted” Kennedy of Massachusetts drives an Oldsmobile off a wooden bridge into a tide-swept pond. Kennedy escaped the submerged car, but his passenger, 28-year-old Mary Jo Kopechne, did not. The senator did not report the fatal car accident for 10 hours.

On July 25, Kennedy pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, received a two-month suspended sentence, and had his license suspended for a year.

Alcee Hastings was impeached and convicted in the US Senate for accepting bribes and many other things. The Dem controlled Senate, uh, forgot to bar him from holding future public office.

Link

Since they decided to not do that, Hastings ran for Congress. He remains there today.

That's more an indictment of the voters of Hastings' district, though. The Senate did its job and bounced him, as they should have.
Plate
Rookie
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2017, 02:02:24 PM »

It would depend on the situation.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2017, 02:31:56 PM »

Only to abstain or maybe vote Green, and only if the circumstances are as bad as they are told to be and not some faux outrage from the conservative media.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2017, 04:16:39 PM »

Let me lawyer this up by removing one bit of weaseling out of a hard decision. Assault by its definition implies the lack of an affirmative defense such as self-defense. Let us assume, as I guess Virginia intended, that the assault was not justified by self-defense or defense of others period your candidate just out-and-out committed a crime of assault by tackling and punching someone without justification other than an exchange of words and your candidate lost their temper. Now what do you do.?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies