Gianforte reportedly bodyslams reporter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:07:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gianforte reportedly bodyslams reporter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Gianforte reportedly bodyslams reporter  (Read 10251 times)
kyc0705

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2017, 06:58:50 AM »

What a load of BS!

Someone should look up the definition of the word body slam.

Link

indeed...sounds more like a side slam (known as a Rock Bottom when Dwayne Johnson does it).

Johnson/Hanks 2020

Feel the Johnson. And less Trump, more Gump.

SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2017, 07:00:05 AM »

I read on WaPo the other day about 62% of returns thus far were early ballots, over 280,000 of them. If that is indeed true, Quist has ever so slight a chance to no chance. Out of the 648,764 registered voters in 2016 only 293,548 of them voted and Montana is a heavily lean R state. Gianforte will probably take office and face a censure within his first week. As Trump would say, SAD!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2017, 07:03:43 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2017, 07:05:26 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

I read on WaPo the other day about 62% of returns thus far were early ballots, over 280,000 of them. If that is indeed true, Quist has ever so slight a chance to no chance. Out of the 648,764 registered voters in 2016 only 293,548 of them voted and Montana is a heavily lean R state. Gianforte will probably take office and face a censure within his first week. As Trump would say, SAD!

In Montana, you can still change your vote if you submitted an early ballot

And even so, Quist probably had a 35% chance going in, ignoring this incident. As VAModerate says, it's Montana - why wouldn't we have a pickup opportunity?
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2017, 07:07:11 AM »

Source, https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/867626506658488320, linked from PredictIt Markets.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2017, 07:13:40 AM »

I missed that ha that's pretty clever even if it's an unrelated story, it just flows
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2017, 07:18:13 AM »

Wow this guy is pretty nuts, did a search for Gianforte on Twitter and this came up. He thinks that retirement shouldn't be automatic because Noah didn't retire and go to a beach

Ding ding, we've got a winner of the loony contest
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2017, 07:32:26 AM »

All across social media (and I'm talking local news FB pages here too, not alt-right places) conservatives are hailing this guy and saying we need more politicians like him who "destroy libs". So yes, that's the political discourse. Hope he gets locked up and I imagine if Quist gets in he can stay in that seat.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2017, 07:41:12 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2017, 07:43:46 AM by Shadows »

Wow this guy is pretty nuts, did a search for Gianforte on Twitter and this came up. He thinks that retirement shouldn't be automatic because Noah didn't retire and go to a beach

There's worse -

The museum promises to present "the truth of God's Word using the latest in dinosaur and fossil exhibits." The museum does not support Darwin's theory of evolution and promotes the idea, contrary to scientific consensus, that the Earth is about 6,000 years old and dinosaurs and people walked around at the same time. The group also hosts fossil digs where excavation is performed in the context of Noah and the biblical flood. "Whenever dinosaurs and humans were forced to share an environment, the natural course was for humans to kill the dinosaurs," notes the museum's Facebook page.

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/greg-gianforte-creationist-dinosaur-museum-governor_us_55d39bbce4b055a6dab1d376

The Gianforte Family Foundation donated the T. rex and acrocanthosaurus exhibit in the museum's main display hall, the largest donation for a specific exhibit. "Nothing's going to stay soft for 65 million years. You can take that to the bank," Kline said. "I personally think that that dinosaur probably died as a result of the flood in Noah's day, which if we do our chronology is about 4,300 years ago."

http://billingsgazette.com/news/features/magazine/dinosaur-museum-presents-biblical-view-of-origins/article_1c9ac218-bab0-11de-84f1-001cc4c002e0.html
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2017, 07:44:34 AM »

The Fox comments are filled with this guy is strong, we need more like him, the liberal reporter got what was coming to him, etc. More proof that the GOP is turning into a strongman, nationalist party.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/25/morning-brief-fox-news-team-witnesses-montana-house-candidate-slamming-reporter.html
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2017, 09:25:49 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2017, 09:28:04 AM by ApatheticAustrian »

since i love watching conservative news/conservatwitter, etc, there was a clear break:

the more radical pro-trumpian or - more correctly - anti-anti-trump a conservative/right winger is, the more likely he is to approve of or downplay GF's actions.

which is why the neocons (frum, podhoretz, kristol, boot), the free-thinkers (ben shapiro) and the establishment-out-of-officers called it out and the laura ingrahams, daily caller nutjobsand kurt schlichters of the world and their minions praised it.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2017, 09:33:25 AM »

Trump won even after inciting riots and talking about how he can shoot people and not lose support. Why do people think this will be a negative in this race?

This is what I initially thought as well, but let's be honest: most of those people who shrugged off every bad thing Trump said, from mocking disabled reporters to bragging about sexually assaulting women, only did so because as much as they may have despised what he said, their hatred of HER was always stronger and deeper, much like the levels of animosity that jfern has towards HER.

But in the era of Trump, the good old-fashioned traditional family values we love Jesus Republicans will love this. They'll see it as another "hit job" by the evil left-wing lamestream liberal media elite going after Republicans and they'll champion this maniac Gianforte as a "martyr" (and even more so if he somehow loses). Maybe I'm wrong, but this will probably help Gianforte and it's Montana, so I'm predicting that the angry snowflake still wins.

P.S. When is that Fox News reporter going to be fired for not defending Gianforte?
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2017, 10:12:45 AM »

Returns at http://sos.mt.gov/elections/election-results after 8PM Mountain Time.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2017, 10:57:41 AM »

This is inaccurate, according to the Billings Gazette.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2017, 11:03:30 AM »

Yeah saw that and fixed it on another thread. I still think that even with same day reg, which MT allows, it won't be enough to make up the difference for a Quist win. All of this forebodes either a censure or a second special or both. Either way, he will probably resign. Another thread said that his would be colleagues are already making jokes about him.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2017, 11:05:33 AM »

I think you're right (though I wish you weren't).
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2017, 11:10:19 AM »

The Fox comments are filled with this guy is strong, we need more like him, the liberal reporter got what was coming to him, etc. More proof that the GOP is turning into a strongman, nationalist party.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/25/morning-brief-fox-news-team-witnesses-montana-house-candidate-slamming-reporter.html
the same people, of course, will whine endlessly about how punching or even just shouting down nazis means that you're too weak to debate them or whatever
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2017, 11:35:57 AM »

Yeah saw that and fixed it on another thread. I still think that even with same day reg, which MT allows, it won't be enough to make up the difference for a Quist win. All of this forebodes either a censure or a second special or both. Either way, he will probably resign. Another thread said that his would be colleagues are already making jokes about him.

I recall reading on another thread that Quist apparently has an early vote lead? If that's the case, day of voting might not save Gianforte. Regardless, I would hope that Gianforte would either be censured or would resign, setting up a second special.
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2017, 12:10:45 PM »

In Biblical times most "servants" were slaves...
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2017, 12:36:24 PM »

I imagine if Gianforte was alive in Jesus's time he would get snotty because Christ wasn't spending enough time on carpentry to justify all that free time giving Sermons.

And as for yahweh awarding himself a one day weekend, well...
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2017, 12:38:55 PM »

I imagine if Gianforte was alive in Jesus's time he would get snotty because Christ wasn't spending enough time on carpentry to justify all that free time giving Sermons.

Stupid jesus didn't even piss test before giving out handouts.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2017, 01:38:33 PM »

the same people, of course, will whine endlessly about how punching or even just shouting down nazis means that you're too weak to debate them or whatever

All from the safety of a keyboard on the internet, naturally
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2017, 03:41:12 PM »

Quist and the DNC completely dropped the ball on this incident. There should have been a rapid response that created an ad with the video of the incident and flooded the airwaves with it.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2017, 03:59:55 PM »

Quist and the DNC completely dropped the ball on this incident. There should have been a rapid response that created an ad with the video of the incident and flooded the airwaves with it.

they created a radio ad high-speed and there is also this

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/867816458545266689

not much more can be done so late.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2017, 04:02:30 PM »

they created a radio ad high-speed and there is also this

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/867816458545266689

not much more can be done so late.

Yeah, plus tv time has to be booked well in advance.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2017, 04:04:12 PM »

Gianforte would of body slammed Jesus

If Jesus were alive today, he'd be killed by the same people who shout his name the loudest.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies