Should we really be ruling out a Hillary 2020 run?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 12:51:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Should we really be ruling out a Hillary 2020 run?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Should we really be ruling out a Hillary 2020 run?  (Read 5140 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2017, 01:41:55 AM »

My heart wants her to run, but my head knows that is a bad idea. It is time for a new bench of Democrats to rise. Clinton would have earned the 2020 nomination if she beat Trump(in the Electoral College) in 2016, but she failed to do so, and so forfeited the nomination.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2017, 02:08:43 AM »

I believe she will
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2017, 08:10:30 AM »

Polls may show her ahead now, as they did before 2016, but that gap will narrow when people remember what a horrible candidate she is and she will lose again.

They don't though (if you're talking about the primary).  The last Harvard-Harris poll has her behind both Sanders and Warren:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?;topic=261065.0

While that feels gratifying, I was actually I was referring the poll where people said they wish she was president instead of Trump right now, which itself isn't exactly indicative of strong support.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=264375.0

Everyone's ahead of Trump now though, so it's not like 2014, when Clinton was doing the best against the GOP candidates in hypothetical GE matchups, and this was part of the rationale for why party elites rallied around her.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2017, 08:14:48 AM »
« Edited: May 19, 2017, 08:56:13 AM by mvd10 »

Yeah. She will consider it but in the end she will realise what everyone else already knew since Nov 8.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2017, 08:30:57 AM »

Please stop. Just stop. She won’t be running for a third time. And if she were running again, she would not win the nomination again.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2017, 08:35:24 AM »

Hillary will win the nomination running as a pragmatic centrist that the Democratic Party so desperately needs right now. Don't count her out just yet! Remember comeback Nixon in 68' or comeback kid Bill in 92'

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2017, 08:50:05 AM »

Hillary will win the nomination running as a pragmatic centrist that the Democratic Party so desperately needs right now. Don't count her out just yet! Remember comeback Nixon in 68' or comeback kid Bill in 92'

If a pragmatic centrist wins the nod in 2020, it will be either Steve Bullock or JBE.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2017, 09:14:46 AM »

If a pragmatic centrist wins the nod in 2020, it will be either Steve Bullock or JBE.

The Democratic Party needs to represent the diversity of future demographic America. Hillary Clinton has proven that she can do this because she won the popular vote. As far as I am concerned, she's the people's President at the moment.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2017, 09:27:36 AM »
« Edited: May 19, 2017, 09:29:18 AM by Sir Mohamed »

The Democratic Party needs to represent the diversity of future demographic America. Hillary Clinton has proven that she can do this because she won the popular vote. As far as I am concerned, she's the people's President at the moment.

Nah, I disagree if you aren't joking. She lost against a dude who insulted half of the country, who had no clue of politics and made countless gaffes. 2016 should have been an easy win. And if Democrats want a woman on the ticket, we have enough younger alternatives than a 73-year old former Secretary who lost two elections that she was the overall favorite. Her time has passed, and as much as I respect her, Americans have had enough of the Clintons. Dems need new faces now.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2017, 08:48:50 PM »

I think we should rule out a Hillary 2020 run, but if she did run I would not vote for her in the primary. End of story. Too much baggage, too out of touch, too everything.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2017, 11:28:55 PM »

You really should, even if she did run she wouldn't make it to Iowa
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2017, 10:35:40 PM »

Why is everyone so obsessed with Hillary 2020, more so than Romney 2016 or Gore 2008?

In my view, I'm going to paraphrase what my APUSH teacher said about Romney: "She's done."
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2017, 10:37:36 PM »

Why is everyone so obsessed with Hillary 2020, more so than Romney 2016 or Gore 2008?

In my view, I'm going to paraphrase what my APUSH teacher said about Romney: "She's done."

Because it was always Be. Her. Turn.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2017, 09:39:17 AM »

It would be a lot of fun to nominate and why the Bernieflakes melt, but there are stronger candidates out there.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2017, 11:12:21 AM »

More pay to play accusations & foundation scandals from foreign country officials, more fakeness, inauthenticity, corruption, lies & cluelessness

Would love to see a Fraud vs Fraud Presidential campaign in 2020 & Democrats will wonder why they lost again !
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2017, 11:48:47 AM »

It would be a lot of fun to nominate and why the Bernieflakes melt, but there are stronger candidates out there.

It'd be so much fun to piss off half of the Democratic base and lose to Trump again. That would show those damn Bernie Bros.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2017, 12:42:01 PM »

Pure Trumpist logic here. Vote a certain way just to piss off a segment of the population.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2017, 12:48:02 PM »

Pure Trumpist logic here. Vote a certain way just to piss off a segment of the population.

The #twiggered Bernieflakes who sat out the 2016 election and put Trump in the White House pissed me off. I don't care if they get pissed back at me.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2017, 02:37:14 PM »

2008 was Hillary's year, but Obama beat her out. Others will beat Trump, that she should of done in 2016.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2017, 02:41:02 PM »

The #twiggered Bernieflakes who sat out the 2016 election and put Trump in the White House pissed me off. I don't care if they get pissed back at me.

Nice to know there are dumb reactionary meatheads on the left too. Ignored.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2017, 03:22:50 PM »

Nice to know there are dumb reactionary meatheads on the left too. Ignored.

Probably a good idea. My posts are not a safe space.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2017, 07:35:13 PM »

I find it silly when people say "oh just shut up Hillary, you lost go away." Gore lost, then became a major climate change activist. Kerry lost, nine years later became Secretary of State. McCain lost, stayed in the Senate and has been an important figure in the Senate quite often. Only Romney has really disappeared, and even then I don't recall people complaining "romney should just shut up and go away." I mean Clinton won the popular vote by a larger margin than Kennedy in '60, Nixon in '68, Carter in '76, and Gore in '00; she's not so unpopular as to have people shut her up and dismiss her. I wouldn't support her in 2020, but I still like her and I'm sure she'll have fun running her new PAC.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2017, 10:16:01 PM »

It's funny, but her running in 2020 would have her finally NOT be declared "the Inevitable" by the media.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2017, 10:20:19 PM »

I see a lot of sexists here aren't ready to accept Hillary Clinton into their hearts after they betrayed her last year. She promised you everything and you abandoned her. She will be back in 2020 and will win just like Richard Nixon in 1968. And Cory Booker will be her VP this time not that human oatmeal man.

heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2017, 10:22:21 PM »

I see a lot of sexists here aren't ready to accept Hillary Clinton into their hearts after they betrayed her last year. She promised you everything and you abandoned her. She will be back in 2020 and will win just like Richard Nixon in 1968. And Cory Booker will be her VP this time not that human oatmeal man.

Stop doing this. You're not good at it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies