PRII analysis on WWC voters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:16:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  PRII analysis on WWC voters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PRII analysis on WWC voters  (Read 5114 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 17, 2017, 03:25:39 PM »
« edited: May 17, 2017, 03:27:19 PM by Technocratic Timmy »

None of this is surprising, apart from again the stupidity of labelling WWC as non-college educated.

It really is EXTREMELY antiquated.  It might have been a valuable measuring stick back in the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s and even '90s, but as Millenials have gotten older and Greatest Generation folks have died off, having a college degree has gone from an indicator of relatively high social status to something that a lot of struggling, WORKING CLASS people have.

This puzzles me to no end. When people think "working class whites" it almost immediately conjures up images of baby boomer former factory workers in Michigan who now work at Walmart. People almost never consider the 18-40 year old white working class millennials/young Gen Xers who aren't as religious or anxious about losing their white social status in their perception of white working class people. They exist in large numbers though. They work in the low wage service sector, manual labor, call centers, etc.

I mean millennials are about 55-60% nonhispanic white correct? And I've seen quite a few economic studies indicating that we currently have a lower economic standing than our parents did at our age. That's a lot of working class white millennials and young Xers out there.

I figure that if the Democrats want to win elections, this group would be far more succeptible to their message than 50-60 year old boomers. Most people realize that a lot of older whites are not gonna cross over to the Democratic Party and be reliable members, but the 18-40 year old white working class? Absolutely they can be brought into the fold.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies